..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

When I had my HSG done my Dr told me that it would increase my chances the next month:) it didn't for me but I've heard of several women that got ther BFP the month after HSG. Good luck!! also it's not too bad but I took a few ibuprofen ( i had mild cramping)
I always have cramping usually 2 days prior to ovulation. As for me: we just got home from our IUI and BD also just incase;) his count wasn't exactly what we were hoping for but out of 5.9 million it only takes one. Here goes the longest 2ww of my life!! If this doesn't work i think we are taking a break for a while. good i love you k everyone!!!
Lol just realized my stupid auto correct changed my "good luck to everyone" to love you!!! Haha I bet you all thought I was a loon:) hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

Oculi,
So i woke up super early and was at RE before 7 AM lol....but as i thought it was too early. I was told that the largest one was 12 and that someone would call me today with further instructions.....so now i wait to hear when i should return.
That's great!!!! Good luck!

Oculi,
So i woke up super early and was at RE before 7 AM lol....but as i thought it was too early. I was told that the largest one was 12 and that someone would call me today with further instructions.....so now i wait to hear when i should return.

So, did they call you? Do you have to go for another ultrasound?
Well, the positive thing about your follies not being quite ready yet is that your chances of having the IUI done at your regular clinic are much higher. :)

Btw.. do you know how big the follies gotta be in order for them to give us the trigger shot??

Lol just realized my stupid auto correct changed my "good luck to everyone" to love you!!! Haha I bet you all thought I was a loon:) hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

Haha.. nah.. we all felt very loved! ;-P hehe.. just kidding. Gotta love auto-correct! Lol!
Have a great Thanksgiving, too! :flower:

Oculi,
I spoke to them this morning and was told that I would go in on Mon morning for another ultrasound; I am to bring my Ovidrel in case I'm ready. It depends on the dr as I've heard people trigger at 16-early 20's....I guess they want at least one mature one. So you are right; at least I get to have a chance at the IUI being at my regular office.
So when is your sono?

That's good! At least you can enjoy Thanksgiving and don't have to worry about having to drive all the way to the other clinic and I'm sure your dh is very 'thankful' ( ;) ), too for not having to produce the sample at the clinic. :)

My sono is tomorrow. If my follies are ready, I'll have to go in for the IUI on Monday. I'm so nervous. If my follies aren't ready by Monday then it's very unlikely that I can get the IUI done since I'll be away from 11/29 onwards. :(

Oculi,
Yes I'm thankful that I can push this off until next week and yes DH is thankful about me going to my clinic.
Oh I'm really hoping your follies are ready tom!!! Is there the possibility of bd just in case follies are not ready?

Oculi,
Yes I'm thankful that I can push this off until next week and yes DH is thankful about me going to my clinic.
Oh I'm really hoping your follies are ready tom!!! Is there the possibility of bd just in case follies are not ready?

Thanks!:flower: Well, if we can't get the IUI then yes, we'll just bd and hope for the best.:shrug:

I'll keep you posted.

Lucinda, quick update:
I've one follicle that's not quite mature yet on my right side and a mature one on my left side. Yayy! I'm now waiting to get my trigger shot and we'll be going in for the IUI on Monday!

Btw. they used 'Pregnyl' as a trigger shot.

Oculi,
Yey!!!!! That's great that you have a follicle ready and are good to go for Monday!!!! I'm so happy everything worked out for you with the timing bc i know the 29th was around the corner.......wishing u lots of baby dust n let me know how it goes Mon. Ill be sure to update u as well on Mon when I go in for my sono.

Oculi,
Yey!!!!! That's great that you have a follicle ready and are good to go for Monday!!!! I'm so happy everything worked out for you with the timing bc i know the 29th was around the corner.......wishing u lots of baby dust n let me know how it goes Mon. Ill be sure to update u as well on Mon when I go in for my sono.

Thanks so much for the good wishes!!:D
I wish you lots and lots of baby dust, too! :dust:
I was so happy when she said there's a mature follicle. She checked the right side first and the follicle there was only 14+ so, I was already starting to think that it's not gonna work out. Then she checked my left side and that one measured 19+!:happydance:

I think that Ovidrel is administered as a subcutaneous injection, right? That's better coz mine was intramuscular. IN MY BUTT! 8-[ Well, not exactly in the butt but the area between my butt and hip. lol! :blush: outch!

Yup, I'll definitely let you know how it goes on Monday and hope to hear good news from you, too! :) :flower:

Oculi,

Thanks so much for the good wishes!!:D
I wish you lots and lots of baby dust, too! :dust:
I was so happy when she said there's a mature follicle. She checked the right side first and the follicle there was only 14+ so, I was already starting to think that it's not gonna work out. Then she checked my left side and that one measured 19+!:happydance:

I think that Ovidrel is administered as a subcutaneous injection, right? That's better coz mine was intramuscular. IN MY BUTT! 8-[ Well, not exactly in the butt but the area between my butt and hip. lol! :blush: outch!

Yup, I'll definitely let you know how it goes on Monday and hope to hear good news from you, too! :) :flower:

Yes the injection is given under belly button area so I'm glad my doctor's office does it for me. That is a good follicle size n the smaller one has a chance to catch up as well ;) I'm hoping I too will have a good follicle size on Mon....fingers crossed

Yes the injection is given under belly button area so I'm glad my doctor's office does it for me. That is a good follicle size n the smaller one has a chance to catch up as well ;) I'm hoping I too will have a good follicle size on Mon....fingers crossed

Yeah, I was glad, too that they did the injection for me. Don't think I could have gotten myself to inject it into a muscle myself.

Are you gonna get one or two injections?

I'll cross my fingers for you on Monday! :)

Yeah, I was glad, too that they did the injection for me. Don't think I could have gotten myself to inject it into a muscle myself.

Are you gonna get one or two injections?

I'll cross my fingers for you on Monday! :)

It's just one injection that I've had in my refrigerator ....I was given a prescription and told to keep the Ovidrel in the refrigerator until they tell me to bring it in. Thing is that at 6:30 am it's kind of hard to remember to take something out of the fridge :(
I put a reminder on my phone for the last follie check n so I'm hoping that works again ;)
Well tom is ur big day....nervous/excited!!!

It's just one injection that I've had in my refrigerator ....I was given a prescription and told to keep the Ovidrel in the refrigerator until they tell me to bring it in. Thing is that at 6:30 am it's kind of hard to remember to take something out of the fridge :(
I put a reminder on my phone for the last follie check n so I'm hoping that works again ;)
Well tom is ur big day....nervous/excited!!!

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't have to bring anything with me. And yes, I think you better let your phone remind you. ;)

Dh just gave them the sample. Now waiting to collect it.

And arrrggghhh... I'm sick!!! Can you believe that? I got a cold! Started last night but didn't dare to take any medication. Feel so crappy! Why today of all days?!

Oculi,
Yep the reminder has been set on my phone and bout to go to bed.
I too have felt like I was getting sick but all I've been doing is orange juice lol!
How exciting ur about to start ur 2 WW!!!!!! Lots of baby dust ur way!!!!
Will give u an update tom morning....to bed I go!

Oculi,
Yep the reminder has been set on my phone and bout to go to bed.
I too have felt like I was getting sick but all I've been doing is orange juice lol!
How exciting ur about to start ur 2 WW!!!!!! Lots of baby dust ur way!!!!
Will give u an update tom morning....to bed I go!

Am back from the IUI.
I still feel really crappy (sore throat, headache & I can't seem to stop blowing my nose!). :(

Got bad news for Dh's sperm count. After washing we were left with just 2 mil swimmers (pre-wash 28.8mil). Doc told me not to worry and that I still stand a good chance coz the motility is 96%.

We bd on Sat night as advised by our doc. Now I feel that this was a mistake. She gave dh some meds to increase his sperm count in case we're not successful this month;
As for me, everything seems fine. Before the IUI she did an u/s to make sure I ovulated and I did in fact ovulate.
She also told me to take duphaston for the next 3 weeks. And if this cycle does not result in a pregnancy, I'll be going for an HSG the next cycle and will do another IUI the same month.

I'm trying to be positive but deep within I know It's unlikely that I'll conceive this month. :(
How did your u/s go?

Well I just woke up its 5:34 AM here n going to get ready for RE and work .....ill reply a full reply when I'm done....ps.....don't areas about DH's #'s as it only takes 1!

That's dont stress...Jesus that's what I get for typing in the dark lol

Lol! Thanks for the encouraging words.

Well, let's hope that one of those 2mil buddies will reach the egg and fertilize it. I just hope my fallopian tubes aren't blocked. Coz other than that everything seems to be fine with me. My uterine lining is great, too according to my doc. *sigh* I never knew it could be so difficult to conceive.

Anyway, no choice but to wait and see and hope for the best. Hopefully you'll get to join me in the 2ww soon.:)

Lol! Thanks for the encouraging words.

Well, let's hope that one of those 2mil buddies will reach the egg and fertilize it. I just hope my fallopian tubes aren't blocked. Coz other than that everything seems to be fine with me. My uterine lining is great, too according to my doc. *sigh* I never knew it could be so difficult to conceive.

Anyway, no choice but to wait and see and hope for the best. Hopefully you'll get to join me in the 2ww soon.:)

Okay so im settled in at work....
Well fingers crossed for you im hoping that one of those lil guys will fertilize the egg and if for some reason it doesnt work this time at least you have a plan going forward...you'll get the HSG and he'll take meds to boost his numbers, etc... Its interesting to think about how many get pregnant accidentally but when you are trying nothing seems to work.

So about my sono...i was beyond dissapointed as the clinic was packed and i didnt meet with the nurse like last week; i met with my doctor who i love but being that it was packed he came in checked and left....:nope::growlmad: I mean all he said was you see that, its mature...turned over to a nurse and told her to give me the trigger shot. I mean is the lining okay, what size is the follicle, how many follicles, etc....Sorry about my ranting....tom am i will have the IUI, so lets see how that goes.....So i'll be 1 day behind you in the 2WW. Are you planning on testing out your trigger shot.....or are you waiting for 14dpiui to test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->