..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

Thanks!:flower: I hope so, too! :)

I see. Do these cysts normally go away after some time? Or will they stay there forever? What did your doc say?

Hmm.. my doc never even mentioned the name of whatever product they'll give me to trigger ovulation. She just said something like she'll check my follicles on cd12 and then give me "the medication" (whatever that means) to help me ovulate. :shrug:

Doc says they go away/dissappear after sometime depending on their size. smaller they are the faster they disappear.
if its big then may be takes couple of cycles for them to disappear.
she asked me not to worry about mine as its very small.

they might have given you the prescription for the trigger shot right? have they? they prescribed ovidrel for me last month which we got and didnt use it. this time On CD12 we will know if I have to take it or not.

I think both our procedures are pretty much the same except that trigger for you will be given by doc i think.

anyhoo, good luck for both of us. which cycleday are you in now? today is my cd5.

Well i received a call from the nurse who told me to start Clomid last night and to go in for US next wed and to bring my Ovidrel(trigger shot) just in case.....im thinking the follies wont be ready as it will only be CD 10. I think they are having me come in Wed because Thurs is Thanksgiving and they are closed? So confused???

Yeah, I think so, too. They probably just want to play safe. Should your follicles be ready by cd10, they'll give you the trigger shot. If not, at least they know how big your follicles are and can advise you on when and where you need to go for your next ultrasound and/or IUI.

But if they give you the trigger shot on cd10, they'll have you come in for the IUI within the next 24-48 hours, right? So, if that's the case, does that mean you'll have to go to that other clinic for the IUI? What about your dh then? Do you think he can get himself to provide a sample at the clinic or will you just forgo the IUI and try naturally?

Doc says they go away/dissappear after sometime depending on their size. smaller they are the faster they disappear.
if its big then may be takes couple of cycles for them to disappear.
she asked me not to worry about mine as its very small.

they might have given you the prescription for the trigger shot right? have they? they prescribed ovidrel for me last month which we got and didnt use it. this time On CD12 we will know if I have to take it or not.

I think both our procedures are pretty much the same except that trigger for you will be given by doc i think.

anyhoo, good luck for both of us. which cycleday are you in now? today is my cd5.

Oh ok. That's good to know. Thanks for explaining!:flower:

Nope, I didn't get any prescription. I think she'll give me the trigger shot herself once my follicles are big enough.:shrug:

Today is my cd4 and 3rd day on Clomid. Yeah, let's hope we all end up getting a BFP this time![-o<

I told my dh to talk to his 'swimmers' and cheer them on once they're inside! haha:spermy: Who knows? Maybe it helps! lol!:blush:

Well i received a call from the nurse who told me to start Clomid last night and to go in for US next wed and to bring my Ovidrel(trigger shot) just in case.....im thinking the follies wont be ready as it will only be CD 10. I think they are having me come in Wed because Thurs is Thanksgiving and they are closed? So confused???

Yeah, I think so, too. They probably just want to play safe. Should your follicles be ready by cd10, they'll give you the trigger shot. If not, at least they know how big your follicles are and can advise you on when and where you need to go for your next ultrasound and/or IUI.

But if they give you the trigger shot on cd10, they'll have you come in for the IUI within the next 24-48 hours, right? So, if that's the case, does that mean you'll have to go to that other clinic for the IUI? What about your dh then? Do you think he can get himself to provide a sample at the clinic or will you just forgo the IUI and try naturally?

So yes I will be going in CD 10 and if they feel follies are ready then ill get trigger shot at the office and IUI will be done 24-48 hrs later. I guess if cd10 is too early they will have me return within 48 hrs and check again. I'm really hoping I'm able to go to my regular RE office because that will facilitate things with DH. If it turns out we have to travel to the other clinic then ill just have to prep him for that....will keep u posted! Btw 2 more days of clomid to go!!!!

So yes I will be going in CD 10 and if they feel follies are ready then ill get trigger shot at the office and IUI will be done 24-48 hrs later. I guess if cd10 is too early they will have me return within 48 hrs and check again. I'm really hoping I'm able to go to my regular RE office because that will facilitate things with DH. If it turns out we have to travel to the other clinic then ill just have to prep him for that....will keep u posted! Btw 2 more days of clomid to go!!!!

Well, I'll cross my fingers for you that you can go to your regular RE office for the IUI.:flower:

Just took my last clomid. Hope my ovaries will do a good job and produce at least one nice mature follicle by cd12 so that we can have the IUI done asap. I have to leave on a business trip on 29/11 so I really really hope we can get it done before then.[-o<

OK, so Clomid is for ovarian stimulation, i.e., to give you more follicles that would show up on the ultra-sound. It does not trigger ovulation. For that you need what is referred to as a "trigger" shot. Some reading on this can be found here. The trigger shot is a hormone that does indeed make ovulation happen, usually the next day. Clomid is the standard for IUI ovarian stimulation, but there are other options, including injectables, which require at home injections, are slightly more expensive, but also give somewhat higher success rates at inducing the production of multiple follicles. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

well ladies, I just got my smiley opk!!:)Heading in for IUI in the morning!! Our Clinic is about 3 hours away, so we will have to get up early... This will be our last IUI so I pray it works for us. Good luck to all you you all!

Well, I'll cross my fingers for you that you can go to your regular RE office for the IUI.:flower:

Just took my last clomid. Hope my ovaries will do a good job and produce at least one nice mature follicle by cd12 so that we can have the IUI done asap. I have to leave on a business trip on 29/11 so I really really hope we can get it done before then.[-o<

I'm thinking if your having trigger shot then you should have IUI completed by the 29th....fingers crossed!

well ladies, I just got my smiley opk!!:)Heading in for IUI in the morning!! Our Clinic is about 3 hours away, so we will have to get up early... This will be our last IUI so I pray it works for us. Good luck to all you you all!

Safe travels. Praying for a successful cycle!!

:dust:

OK, so Clomid is for ovarian stimulation, i.e., to give you more follicles that would show up on the ultra-sound. It does not trigger ovulation. For that you need what is referred to as a "trigger" shot. Some reading on this can be found here. The trigger shot is a hormone that does indeed make ovulation happen, usually the next day. Clomid is the standard for IUI ovarian stimulation, but there are other options, including injectables, which require at home injections, are slightly more expensive, but also give somewhat higher success rates at inducing the production of multiple follicles. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Hi!:flower:

Thanks for the explanation! So, should Clomid not work for me, the next step would be injectables?

oooooooh.... so exciting!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:happydance:

I'm thinking if your having trigger shot then you should have IUI completed by the 29th....fingers crossed!

Thanks! I really really hope so!

Only a few more days until the u/s. Are you excited? I'm getting kinda nervous though I don't even know why.:dohh:

Well i think im more nervous than excited as im having HSG done tom and then going in on Wed to check on follies. Im just hoping that all goes well....can't beleive that this happening all so fast...i know the 2 ww is going to kill me!

What day is your CD12 ultrasound?

Well i think im more nervous than excited as im having HSG done tom and then going in on Wed to check on follies. Im just hoping that all goes well....can't beleive that this happening all so fast...i know the 2 ww is going to kill me!

Don't worry, I'm sure everything's gonna go well! :) :flower:

Yeah, the 2ww will be the worst part of it all!

My cd12 ultrasound is on Saturday (11/24). So, my follies still have a few days to grow.
Btw.. today I've had a little bit of cramping on and off. Is that normal? Do you experience that, too? I wonder if that has anything to do with the clomid.:shrug:

Don't worry, I'm sure everything's gonna go well! :) :flower:

Yeah, the 2ww will be the worst part of it all!

My cd12 ultrasound is on Saturday (11/24). So, my follies still have a few days to grow.
Btw.. today I've had a little bit of cramping on and off. Is that normal? Do you experience that, too? I wonder if that has anything to do with the clomid.:shrug:

Thanks im sure everything will work out....i kind of wish they would have given my follies a couple of more days to grow, but i guess they can take a peak on Wed and estimate how much longer they need if need be.
Can't say that ive had any cramping as of yet...last night i took my last Clomid. I think i have heard other ladies describing cramping but for me nothing except feeling tired after taking it.

Will keep you posted as the big day approaches!

When I had my HSG done my Dr told me that it would increase my chances the next month:) it didn't for me but I've heard of several women that got ther BFP the month after HSG. Good luck!! also it's not too bad but I took a few ibuprofen ( i had mild cramping)
I always have cramping usually 2 days prior to ovulation. As for me: we just got home from our IUI and BD also just incase;) his count wasn't exactly what we were hoping for but out of 5.9 million it only takes one. Here goes the longest 2ww of my life!! If this doesn't work i think we are taking a break for a while. good i love you k everyone!!!

Oh and I have cramping from the clomid usually from cd5 until ovulation. And usually the few days before O im cramping more

When I had my HSG done my Dr told me that it would increase my chances the next month:) it didn't for me but I've heard of several women that got ther BFP the month after HSG. Good luck!! also it's not too bad but I took a few ibuprofen ( i had mild cramping)
I always have cramping usually 2 days prior to ovulation. As for me: we just got home from our IUI and BD also just incase;) his count wasn't exactly what we were hoping for but out of 5.9 million it only takes one. Here goes the longest 2ww of my life!! If this doesn't work i think we are taking a break for a while. good i love you k everyone!!!

Best of luck on your 2 WW!!!

Thanks im sure everything will work out....i kind of wish they would have given my follies a couple of more days to grow, but i guess they can take a peak on Wed and estimate how much longer they need if need be.
Can't say that ive had any cramping as of yet...last night i took my last Clomid. I think i have heard other ladies describing cramping but for me nothing except feeling tired after taking it.

Will keep you posted as the big day approaches!

Yes, keep me posted!:) I actually thought about having a HSG done, too. But I guess I'll give the clomid and IUI one or two tries first.
Like nik25, I also heard that getting an HSG done will increase the chances of pregnancy! :)
My mom told me that she and my dad tried for almost 3 years and she never got pregnant even though everything was fine with both of them. Then, her doc made her go for an HSG and that very month she finally conceived! :)

So, the HSG might do the trick for you, too!:happydance:

Oh and I have cramping from the clomid usually from cd5 until ovulation. And usually the few days before O im cramping more

Yup, exactly! It only takes one!:)
I wish you lots of sticky baby dust!!!! Lucinda7981 and I will join you for the 2ww soon!

Have you always had cramping before O or just when you took the clomid?

Oculi,
Spoke too soon i'm experiencing mild cramping now ;9

Haha.. oh no. But at least we know that it's normal and nothing to be worried about as long as it's just mild cramping.:flower:

Oculi,
Just wanted to give you an update......went in for my HSG and all is clear!!! It went better than i thought as it was like getting a pap, but taking a lil longer. Im happy that the test is over with and that i crossed that road. Now for the follie check and IUI!!!

Oculi,
Just wanted to give you an update......went in for my HSG and all is clear!!! It went better than i thought as it was like getting a pap, but taking a lil longer. Im happy that the test is over with and that i crossed that road. Now for the follie check and IUI!!!

I'm glad everything went well! :) I always thought HSGs are quite painful but if it's just like getting a pap then that's awesome!

Let me know how your ultrasound went and what the doctor said about your follies and the IUI! I'm still hoping that you can go to your regular clinic for the IUI![-o<

Oculi,
So i woke up super early and was at RE before 7 AM lol....but as i thought it was too early. I was told that the largest one was 12 and that someone would call me today with further instructions.....so now i wait to hear when i should return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->