..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

Update: Got a clear positive this morning so, I called the clinic and will go in for the IUI tomorrow.

Yey for the positive....best of luck on IUI tom!!!!! Hoping DH has lots of gold swimmers ;)

Back from the IUI ...aaand waiting for the next cycle to start! :(
Dh spilled most of the sample so we were left with just 1.1mil swimmers!!! :( so, chances for us this month are very very very low! :(

AFM getting ready to go to the city for DH's bloodwork so he can get approved for freezing a sample.

Thanks! :(
Felt like punching my dh when he told me he spilled most of it!!! But then again I know he didn't do it on purpose..! I was fighting hard not to cry when I saw the result of the SA! I was just so disappointed!

Oh well.. hoping AF will show soon so that we can start a new cycle!

Hope everything will go well for you and your dh so that he can freeze a sample!!

Honestly, if my dh's sperm count is so low again at the next IUI then I'll ask my doc whether we can give them a number of samples for them to freeze so that they can thaw like 3, 4 samples for the IUI and get the sperm count up that way! Arrrghhh.. I can't believe this happened! It's just so frustrating!!! :(

I can totally understand the feeling of wanting to punch DH as I have wanted to hurt mine after what he did around the time of my IUI. I spoke to him about wanting to pursue IVF if I don't test positive in about a week. I'm freezing the sample in order to make a couple of plans. I made an apt with my Obgyn and will get some testing out of the way should I need to turn to IVF. I plan on testing the morning of my Obgyn apt so that I know what's going on with me prior to that apt. Wish me luck these upcoming days but if its a negative test for me then I'm moving to plan b and c. I know that IUI can work for us eventually but I am paying for them out of pocket and the meds as well.

So, what did your dh say about IVF? Will he consider for the next time should this cycle not be successful or does he want to continue with the IUIs?

Well, I definitely hope you get your BFP this time!!!!!

I think for my next IUI my dh will produce the sample at home. He comes up with all sorts of theories as to why his sperm count is so low. He said this time it was because of the spillage and because the room in which he had to produce the sample was too cold. Oh, and it was too early in the morning, too! Lol!

Anyways, happy New year!! May the new year bring you lots of happiness, wealth, health and all the baby dust in the world! :hugs:

Don't know if I should drink tonight or not. Certainly feel like it after the IUI disaster! Today is my birthday, too so, hard to resist. :p

Oh first things first Happy bday!!!! I think I might have a drink or too because I think I deserve it....so if the occasion calls for a lil tonight then I say go for it!!!! I hope u gave a great bday!!!!
On a night like tonight....9 yrs ago I met DH ;)DH kinda goes with what I say and he feels horrible that he has thisoblem....so just a couple more days and I wil know the results for Dec. n ps....those are interesting reasons why his count is so low ;) Happy new yr and once again happy bday!!!

Oh first things first Happy bday!!!! I think I might have a drink or too because I think I deserve it....so if the occasion calls for a lil tonight then I say go for it!!!! I hope u gave a great bday!!!!
On a night like tonight....9 yrs ago I met DH ;)DH kinda goes with what I say and he feels horrible that he has thisoblem....so just a couple more days and I wil know the results for Dec. n ps....those are interesting reasons why his count is so low ;) Happy new yr and once again happy bday!!!

Thank you! :) I had a great birthday! And I did have a little bit of wine. :p

So, did you guys celebrate your "9-year-anniversary"? :D

What day will you test?? I really really hope it worked this time!!!

Haha.. yeah, right? Funny thing is that he was so certain that the problem must lie with me all along our TTC journey. Turns out that the main problem really seems to be his low sperm count. Oh well... Men!!

Happy new year to you, too!:)

Glad to hear you had an awesome birthday and some wine too! AFM I went with DH to our friend's home and rang in the new yr with him and his wife. I will begin to test on thurs as I have an apt with Obgyn on Fri and would like to know if anything is going on prior to my arrival. Thing is that I wasn't able to drink last night or today's as alcohol just isn't sitting right with me. Also I haven't had any symptoms during this wait so I really dunno....according to RE office I'm due to start cycle next Monday.

Hi there, this is a first post for me...been TTC for over a year, had firboids removed in july, and found out i have low progesterone. My doc put me on clomid and had an IUI done last month for first time...i hate waiting...
Just wanted to chime in and find out if anyone had low progesterone and if clomid helped?

Glad to hear you had an awesome birthday and some wine too! AFM I went with DH to our friend's home and rang in the new yr with him and his wife. I will begin to test on thurs as I have an apt with Obgyn on Fri and would like to know if anything is going on prior to my arrival. Thing is that I wasn't able to drink last night or today's as alcohol just isn't sitting right with me. Also I haven't had any symptoms during this wait so I really dunno....according to RE office I'm due to start cycle next Monday.

Sorry for not being able to reply sooner. I've been so super busy! Bah!:wacko:

Have you started to test yet? Let me know how your apt with the Obgyn went!

AFM I haven't had any symptoms either so far. Don't think I will get any symptoms anyway since chances this month are just really practically zero.:cry:

Anyways.. let me know how things are going with you and dh! :flower:

Hi there, this is a first post for me...been TTC for over a year, had firboids removed in july, and found out i have low progesterone. My doc put me on clomid and had an IUI done last month for first time...i hate waiting...
Just wanted to chime in and find out if anyone had low progesterone and if clomid helped?

Hey there!:flower:

Hmmm.. I'm not really sure why your doc put you on clomid for low progesterone. Thought clomid will just help increase estrogen levels. But maybe that's somehow linked to progesterone production as well? Don't know. Just wondering why he didn't just give you progesterone instead?:shrug:

Good luck!!:flower: Hope you get your BFP! :)

Nice to hear from u....I began testing yesterday which made 12 days post my trigger and tested this morning and it was BFN. Getting ready to drive to Obgyn who has no idea I've been seeing RE....I was planning on switching to another practice.now I have to see if they will do some prescreening tests for IVF as I would like to get going on that ASAP.
Hoping u have better results this month than me.....I already saw a BFN coming this month :(

Oh man!! I'm so sorry! :hugs:

I hope you can go ahead with the screening and move on to IVF asap!
How long will that take? If it takes more than a month will you try another IUI??

Ah.. I know it's gonna be a BFN for me, too this month. Not even gonna raise my hopes. I'm not being negative or anything but I'm trying to be realistic and I know It's next to impossible to succeed with such a low count! Just waiting for AF so we can try again.

AF is due Mon for me so I want it to hurry up and get here so I can start IVF process this cycle...I just need those results to hurry up; which my dr said would be in Wed-Fri. I'm okay with the bfn as I knew our chances were supper slim. I know IVF will give us a better shot and I'm okay with being realistic. Now on to collecting DH's sample one last time....that's the part that makes me nervous.

Yes, IVF will definitely give you a better shot. I hope AF shows soon so that you can start with it asap.

Keep me posted, ok?

AFM I hope AF shows soon, too and won't be delayed like last month!!

Here's to AF showing soon for the both of us!!!! I'm starting to get bad AF cramps so I think AF is right on schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->