IUI Reference List: Please share your numbers here

Just got our 7dpiui bloodwork back so I've added it to my stats.

IUI #1 29 Nov 2012 = 37.5 Gonal-F, no trigger. One follie @ 19mm. Sperm post-wash 11 million. 7dpiui progesterone = 78

Here's mine:

IUI#1- unmedicated, 1 follicle (can't remember size), post wash count - 2.1 million, 99% motility = BFN

IUI#2 - w ovidrel shot, 1x 21mm follicle, post wash count around 20 mill, 63% motility. = BFN

The difference in counts was due to abstaining for 5 days as opposed to 2 days for the first one.

Maddy - that's a good progesterone level! Fx for you!

Pink...why are you doing it unmedicated? Just curious.....

FS doesn't think there's anything wrong with me and that our one issue is DH's motility. So she said we should try straight up IUI and then if 3 don't work we'll try meds. I think I could probably get her to give me meds but TBH I'm not crazy about the idea. FS is really confident that these IUI's should work but I'm losing hope. (And $$$!)

Yeah i gotcha....I am under unexplained and nothing is wrong with my DH sperm but to "try" and save I decided to try the IUI with meds only to bump up my chances. If this second one doesnt work then we are going to IVF instead of spending $$ on another round.

How long have you been trying? I'm starting to think it's going to come to IVF for us too. Lot's of folks seem to eventually get BFP's from IUI but then success rates are so low it becomes hard to believe in it after failing a couple times. (Sorry to sound negative... I just got AF yesterday so I'm still stewing.)

FX this is it for you and you won't need to go the IVF route. :flower: :flower: :flower:

Dont give up ladies! I conceived on my 4th iui, but sadly lost baby. It worked though. I was told when I 1st started IUI's that it might take 3 to 4 before I would conceive. We eventually did IVF due to my poor egg quality.

oh it has been a long 3 years!!!! I have fought against IVF because of fear mostly....it seems to be a final step doesnt it...what if it doesnt work etc...also, I always worry that if I have extra eggs to freeze and I dont end up using them...what happens to my unborn babies....I know that sounds crazy but it did prevent me for a long time from even entertaining the idea. Whats changed? I guess I am more of the mindset that if I have those extra embies I will deal with it then...donation maybe....lastly, I have found that it is time to face my fear and just do it.

greeneyes - thanks for the support...did you get many follies with your IUI's that you did?

Thanks Greeneyes! :) Congratulations on your twins! That's awesome.

How long have you been trying? I'm starting to think it's going to come to IVF for us too. Lot's of folks seem to eventually get BFP's from IUI but then success rates are so low it becomes hard to believe in it after failing a couple times. (Sorry to sound negative... I just got AF yesterday so I'm still stewing.)

FX this is it for you and you won't need to go the IVF route. :flower: :flower: :flower:

I'm here with lucky IUI #5!
You're not being overly negative. It's the truth sometimes it is hard to believe any of it will work.

I'm here with lucky IUI #5!
You're not being overly negative. It's the truth sometimes it is hard to believe any of it will work.

Indeed it is. Our clinic offers a maximum of 3 rounds of IUI before moving onto IVF.

I started Letrozole on cycle day 3-7 (September 6th-10th). They triggered me on the 14th and scheduled for IUI on the 15th, but I only had two follicles. One on the right at 19mm and one on the left at 14mm before Trigger.
I’m currently on cycle day 17.

I’m 26, my husband is 27. We have been trying to conceive for over a year and recently found out that his sperm count was 15 million.

Below are the results from IUI day.
IUI ANALYSIS:

Volume:
1.7ml Prewash.
0.5 ml Final sample.

Concentration:
16 x10^6 Prewash.
29 x10^6 Final Sample.

Motility:
62% Prewash.
76% Final Sample.

Rapid and Linear: