IUI Reference List: Please share your numbers here

Ashknowsbest, sounds like we've had similar experience with clomid. I just had my 2nd IUI on Tuesday but prior to that I've been on clomid for a few months & still no luck. My FS said I have one more IUI covered by our insurance & then afterwards we're moving on to IVF. Do you know why your doc requested you to get genetic testing? What's CF? I asked my FS if we could see if my eggs are healthy & he said that they check my hormone levels. Which are good but the only real way of knowing is when we move on to IVF.

My DH & I are opposite of you & your OH. My DH is ok with stopping all the meds & just continue trying naturally but I just don't think it will ever happen for us that way. I just can't imagine not having kids so I want us to stay pro-active. Hopefully we will be blessed with a little angel. It's an emotional roller coaster & I agree with you sometimes you just want off this crazy ride.

Hello Fertilesoul - your story gives me so much hope! We too have low sperm count. Do you remember how many follicles you had for your BFP IUI?

I had 4 noteworthy follicles on the left. 2 were 22ish mm and 2 were 18ish mm. Nothing on the right. My IUI was 26ish hours after ovidrel trigger but I didn't feel ovulation pain until 20ish hours after my IUI. The timing and our count made me feel hopeless but we were blessed with a miracle. Hope your miracle is on its way!

sunshine - it's really crazy because when I first joined this site and started getting really obsessed with TTC I was like oh I'll probably be put on clomid and it will work like it did for lots of other people and I'll be pregnant in a few months ... and then when that didn't work I'm like okay IUI will do the trick for us ... and now that's not working and now I'm on injectables and I'm like ... maybe this will work for us ? I'm just not sure what's going to work anymore. But all I can do is stay positive. :) That's all any of us can do really!

My doctor suggested getting genetic testing just because it's safe to do so. I mean, CF is cystic fibrosis, and it's a pretty serious genetic disorder. I read some info on it and children born with CF barely live past the age of 18 and when they do, they're only expected to live until 35. With CF, you have mucus that builds up in your lungs and it never gets better, it's pretty much a degenerative lung disorder. It's sad and we found out that I'm a carrier for it so I have 1 mutated gene (from one of my parents) and if my OH is a carrier for it then our child has a 1 in 4 chance of having it. So it was just a precaution. There are no signs or anything that you're a carrier so having the testing done is just a safe way to make sure you're not going to bring a child into the world that will have a short life, or have serious problems.

I recommend everyone having it done, especially if it's covered by your insurance because it can't hurt!

Ash- keep the faith Hun, things will turn around eventually. Obsessing and being depressed really just makes life for you and DH miserable, just keep on enjoying life and trust that the docs will assist you in adding to your family. I hear ya, when I started clomid I didn't think I'd have to do IUI but I got sick of waiting.

Thanks for the info ashknowsbest. I'll have to ask my FS about genetic testing. I agree with you that as we try something new it comes with lots of hope & when it doesn't work it's such a let down. It's easier said then done but we just need to stay positive. I laugh at my FS sometimes cause he's so full of hope & always says WHEN we get you pregnant. I think when? Is it ever going to happen?

Ash, when are you testing? When is AF due?

sunshine - no problem, we're here for support and info so I like helping people out whenever I can :) I'm not even close to testing. I'm CD 14 today but my follicles aren't ready. When I went in the yesterday morning the follicles were only 11 and 12 mm and my doctor doesn't want to increase my Gonal F dose because I have about 10 follicles on each side and he does not want me to have too many mature ones. As of right now, I have about 3 that are around the same size and he says if he increases it any I will probably mature about 5 or 6 and he doesn't want to risk that because then he'll cancel the cycle. So .... we're going slow and steady. I wish I was already in the TWW but I'm really happy my doctor is being careful and not over stimulating me. :)

My FS said I will be pregnant by July ... lol. He said if this IUI cycle doesn't work then we're moving to IVF so he's definitely not messing around. I actually love my doctor, he's awesome :) They have to have hope though ... I mean they do that for their job, if they didn't have hope, they would be depressed :) Keep your head up! :hugs:

Hopeful - thanks for the support! I know I will get there eventually and I'm not normally depressed or upset but I do have my days :) And OH is always very supportive when I have those kinds of days!

Hello All,
Had a follow up apppointment today. Dr is going to be starting me on gonal-f, since my body did not react to clomid. This will also be our 1st IUI.

Wish everybody the bes of luck!!!

Hi Ladies! It's been months since I've posted but wanted to give an official update for the benefit of the reference list. I finally got my first every BFP (confirmed with a beta) on IUI #5, our 4th with Clomid 50... Here's the tally:

Married '06, Quit BCP 3/08, NTNP '09, TTC 3/10
Diagnosis = Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 12/4/11 Unmed: BFN (1 follie, 3.2mil)
IUI#2 4/20/12 Clomid50: BFN (2 follies, 12.3mil)
IUI#3 5/17/12 Clomid50: BFN (3 follies, 17mil)
IUI#4 6/12/12 Clomid50: BFN (1 follie, 35mil)
IUI#5 7/7/12 Clomid50: :bfp: (no ultrasound, 11mil)

I got the BFP the night of the 17th, so 10dpiui, and my beta 14dpiui was 214, I'm waiting for Monday now to check for doubling.

Congrats fisher!!! I am currently 8dpiui. I had a 19.6 on the left and a 16.7 on the right at the time of trigger. My blood pt is on the 30th. Hoping the :witch: stays away.

Hello ladies. Here are my numbers. I wish you all luck

IUI #1 :Clomid 100mg 3-7 + Synthroid w/ IUI: 65.5million,cycle day 23, 7dpiui Progesterone 11.10 -:bfn:
IUI #2: Clomid 100mg 3-7 + Synthroid w/ IUI: 28.7 million, cycle day 20, 7dpiui Progesterone 10.7, :bfn:
IUI #3 :Clomid 150mg 3-7 + Synthroid w/ IUI: ***We will see***

Hello Ladies, as you can see by my join date...I'm new here but have been lurking for a few weeks now.

A little summary:
TTC since 2005 - no prevention
2006 polypectomy and TTC no prevention
2007 & 2008 diagnosed with PCOS time off - started taking metformin
2009 - 2010 aggressive TTC with OB using femara, clomid, metformin (lap, d&c, hysto, polypectomy)
2010 - TTC
2011 - FS, polypectomy, back to clomid and added synthroid, decision to try IUI
2012 - took a break then back to the FS, decision to try IUI again w Clomid & Pregnyl when needed

IUI #1 12/2011 - 50 MG Clomid, pregnyl, 5 b follicles, 4 million/postwash, BFN
IUI #2 7/2012 - 100 MG Clomid, 9 b follicles, 5 million/postwash, BFN
IUI #3 7/2012 - 100 MG Clomid, 8 b follicles, 9 million/postwash, 2WW
Today, 7-30 is 3 days post IUI, I will not be doing any HPT (too emotionally draining)...BETA set for 8/10

You would think after all these years of trying, naturally and medically, I would know the abbreviations but I still have to peak at the cheat sheet. Please forgive my typos and misspelling, esp. of med terms.

I look forward to seeing more BFPs and success with IUI. :dust: to ALL and to all a good morning! :)

Not much action here for a while but since I'm new to IUI I'll put in my stats too:

IUI #1 29 Nov 2012 = 37.5 Gonal-F, no trigger. One follie @ 19mm. Sperm post-wash 11 million. FX!

Ash- good Luck tomorrow with the consult!

Dbluett- where are you in IUI #2 cycle. Sorry the first didn't pan out, but chances are still good :)

Welcome Maddy- how do you feel after IUI?

Natashaa - np but this thread has been slow and dead for a while. Hopefully we get a revival :)

I will join with you Natasha! I am currently waiting to start my 2nd IUI.....

1 IUI - October - 3 follies - 25 million sperm in each b2b IUI - BFN

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->