• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Hi ladies how are we doing?? I have my saline ultra sound scheduled tomorrow and I am super nervous is it going to be Painful?? Anyone experienced this??

I've never had a saline ultrasound so I have no experience to speak of, but hopefully it doesn't hurt like the hsg did! What did the doc tell you to expect? From quickly googling, it sounds like you should take some ibuprofen/advil beforehand as there can be some cramping.

If you haven't seen this, maybe you will find it helpful:
https://voices.yahoo.com/a-patients-perspective-expect-during-your-823457.html

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

The testing is to see if there are any fibroids, polyps in utures so they want to make sure there is no problem to be able to conceive.

How did it go? Did you get the results right away??

Thought I'd jump on. The title really spoke to me.
I go in Friday for our 6th scan (clomid/iui).

Part of me is feeling like if it doesn't happen in the next round or two, we might be done with ttc.

Good luck to all the gals on here.

:hugs:

Hi vk! Good luck on Friday!

hi ladies! joining your thread and wanna be a part of Team 2013 :)

I had gone for my first ever IUI on Monday so today is 2dpiui. Time is sooo slow!!!

Just a little background, me and hubby have been naturally TTC our first for a little over 2 years to no avail. We consulted with an FS mid this year and was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Fast forward to August, I started with clomid on cd 3-7 then 50iu Puregon on cd 5-14. +opk on cd14 noon so I triggered around 5pm the same day. IUI was done the next day with 2 beautiful follies - 1 on LO @18mm and 1 on RO @19mm. Lining was 10.8. The story leads me to today at 2dpiui :)

Good luck to everyone who's n the 2ww and to those waiting to start their cycle!!

Good luck to you!! I had my second iui on Saturday so I'm not too far ahead of you. S far m doing ok during the 2ww, but I remember being really antsy last time. Hopefully one is all you need!

Just getting a chance to get back on here...Labor Day weekend was crazy busy!! And I swear coming into work after a holiday often makes the holiday seem pointless, with the short week feeling extra long for whatever reason lol.

So I had my follie scan on Sunday...had two growing nicely...RO 19mm and LO 16mm. He said for my first cycle I responded nicely to the meds, and should this round not work (which we are prepared for as the first is often just a trial run) he's very confident and positive that with some med tweaking subsequent rounds should be even more promising with follicle growth :thumbup:. I triggered Monday at 11pm...and had my IUI today at 11am. Hubby had 24 mil post wash (33 mil pre wash) which are super excited about as a SA a couple of months ago came back at 12 mil :happydance:!

My ovaries are killing me today...the pain I'm experiencing trying to push these suckers out is horrendous...he said it should subside sometime today...but makes me feel confident about the timing! So now just waiting for an appointment on MOnday for a second HCG trigger shot to support the luteul phase and then testing on the 18th!! All appendages crossed for a BFP!

That sounds like you definitely have a good chance this time!! Hopefully you are one and done! Fx for you!

Hi Ladies,
May I join you? Just finished clomid yesterday, waiting for all the monitoring this weekend, then IUI sometime early next week. This is not my first IUI, but it is my first medicated/monitored cycle.Fx'd for everyone.

Morning ladies!!

samoorah - any updates on your procedure?

vkj73 - good luck tomorrow, definately keep us posted on how the scan goes!! Lots of big follie vibes coming your way!!

Hatethewait - this tww is going to feel like time is standing still lol. How's it going for you so far? Any weird symptoms or anything?? Thanks so much for the well wishes!

gingmg - welcome! How has your experience been with Clomid so far? How much did you take? How closely are they going to monitor you?

jaan - anymore updates?

LoveMyTripawd - you poor thing...that sounds super painful!! Where are you in your cycle at this point? Hoping it's not too unbearable for you!

AFM - last night I was miserable...the pain in my pelvic region was the worst I've ever experienced. I was really starting to worry about OHSS, but luckily this morning it is much better. Now I'm just kind of achey and tender...but no sharp intense pain. If this cycle doesn't work and he gets me to four follies next cycle I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle that since it was so severe with just two follies this time??!! :sad2:

I also had a question...my RE's office uses a second 10000iu trigger of Pregnyl 5 - 7 days post first trigger for luteal phase support. I've never heard of this at all. I've seen some folks use 1500 iu's for a few days, but never a full trigger?? He told me to test two weeks post IUI, and to come in on Monday for my trigger, then to test the following Wed...but the hcg from the second trigger would very likely still be present?? And what if I need more progesterone support than that? I'm so confused and not sure if I should bug them with further questions about it. Part of me just wishes they had put me on the prometrium...but I'm trying to trust that they know best and for me that's kinda hard lol! Any thoughts??

curni- I felt fine on clomid, woke up a few times at night pretty warm, but that's it. I actually took clomid last cycle too, but no monitoring and no trigger. I have CD 12 US this weekend, and I guess go from there. I have no answers to your questions about meds, this part of the IUI process is new to me.

Hi ladies!! New update!! I went to my appointment yesterday and got the saline ultrasound done, doctor said everything looks good uterus, lining, ovaries look good.. No polyps or fibroids.. He saw some follicles on my right ovary and said I would ovulate 2 to 3 days from now. Told me to start get busy with Hubby lol!! Maybe I'll get lucky and get Preggo!! But if AF shows her face then I start medication for IUI!! I'm so excited so hopefully something good will come along the way!?? Ladies anything new???

hi ladies! joining your thread and wanna be a part of Team 2013 :)

I had gone for my first ever IUI on Monday so today is 2dpiui. Time is sooo slow!!!

Just a little background, me and hubby have been naturally TTC our first for a little over 2 years to no avail. We consulted with an FS mid this year and was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Fast forward to August, I started with clomid on cd 3-7 then 50iu Puregon on cd 5-14. +opk on cd14 noon so I triggered around 5pm the same day. IUI was done the next day with 2 beautiful follies - 1 on LO @18mm and 1 on RO @19mm. Lining was 10.8. The story leads me to today at 2dpiui :)

Good luck to everyone who's n the 2ww and to those waiting to start their cycle!!

Yaay,,, welcome oh so exciting!! The TWW Is dreading ughhh!!! Let us know what symptoms and how everything goes with ya!! Best of luck Hun!!

curni- I felt fine on clomid, woke up a few times at night pretty warm, but that's it. I actually took clomid last cycle too, but no monitoring and no trigger. I have CD 12 US this weekend, and I guess go from there. I have no answers to your questions about meds, this part of the IUI process is new to me.

Glad that the side effects have been minimal thus far...I know Clomid can really knock some ladies for a real loop! Good luck this weekend and definatelty keep us posted...sending you lots of positive follie vibes!

Hi ladies!! New update!! I went to my appointment yesterday and got the saline ultrasound done, doctor said everything looks good uterus, lining, ovaries look good.. No polyps or fibroids.. He saw some follicles on my right ovary and said I would ovulate 2 to 3 days from now. Told me to start get busy with Hubby lol!! Maybe I'll get lucky and get Preggo!! But if AF shows her face then I start medication for IUI!! I'm so excited so hopefully something good will come along the way!?? Ladies anything new???

Awesome news :happydance:!! Sounds like you guys are gearing up for a very busy weekend lol!! Here's to hoping you guys don't even need to go down the medication route...but I know for me, knowing that things were going to step up a notch should my last cycle end in a BFN, I was still excited knowing that we were potentially moving in a more aggressive direction. Fx'd for all of us!!

Awesome news :happydance:!! Sounds like you guys are gearing up for a very busy weekend lol!! Here's to hoping you guys don't even need to go down the medication route...but I know for me, knowing that things were going to step up a notch should my last cycle end in a BFN, I was still excited knowing that we were potentially moving in a more aggressive direction. Fx'd for all of us!!

I'm so excited and can't wait!! Is this your first TTC? It's my first as well I've never been pregnant and never experienced a BFP!! :( but I'm waiting for this moment !! I don't know what I'll do once I see the BFP!! I'll probably go ballistic !!ahhhhhh!! Lool

No, we're actually going for #3, my third, my OH's first. I had two boys from my previous marriage...they are 9 and 10...I'm 40, it's been so long though I feel like it's TTC #1 again...lol. For my first I actually went through fertility treatments for a little over 2 years...he was IUI #3 success, so this isn't my first time with that either...but again, it's been so long, and things have changed so much in the RE world, that I feel like it's my first time again. While there are definately tough aspects to this level of of intervention...the monitoring and medical assistance, especially at my age, help to make me feel like we are being super productive now lol. I don't have alot of time to waste any more. It's funny, I just realized that this cycle will officially be over before I would have even ovulated on a natural cycle, that combined with two eggs instead of one, and all 24 million sperm being put right in the right spot make me feel super hopeful!!

Nothing replaces the feeling of your first ever BFP...it's a feeling only a mother can understand...I'm rooting for you're being able to experience that VERY soon!! Having had the miscarriage a few months ago, seeing those two lines again will be a mixed bag of emotions for me...joy, excitement, fear and worry all wrapped up into one. But I'm keeping a very positive attitude and know that we'll be taking home our rainbow baby eventually!

No, we're actually going for #3, my third, my OH's first. I had two boys from my previous marriage...they are 9 and 10...I'm 40, it's been so long though I feel like it's TTC #1 again...lol. For my first I actually went through fertility treatments for a little over 2 years...he was IUI #3 success, so this isn't my first time with that either...but again, it's been so long, and things have changed so much in the RE world, that I feel like it's my first time again. While there are definately tough aspects to this level of of intervention...the monitoring and medical assistance, especially at my age, help to make me feel like we are being super productive now lol. I don't have alot of time to waste any more. It's funny, I just realized that this cycle will officially be over before I would have even ovulated on a natural cycle, that combined with two eggs instead of one, and all 24 million sperm being put right in the right spot make me feel super hopeful!!

Nothing replaces the feeling of your first ever BFP...it's a feeling only a mother can understand...I'm rooting for you're being able to experience that VERY soon!! Having had the miscarriage a few months ago, seeing those two lines again will be a mixed bag of emotions for me...joy, excitement, fear and worry all wrapped up into one. But I'm keeping a very positive attitude and know that we'll be taking home our rainbow baby eventually!

Omg I got teary eyes!! It's been a journey for us, we've been on the TTC journey for 4 years now and we've been NTNP for three years and a half and now were trying trying if you know what I mean? ;) I'm not on birth control or anything to prevent me from getting pregnant, got everything checked. All is good and normal, husband SA is 130 mil, doctor eventually diagnosed us as unexplained... But for me not one single BFP :( and I am hoping this would work out for us. And I wish you the best of luck and baby dust!! I hope we get our BFP soon!!! :hugs:

So I normally get my LH surge on day 17 each cycle....and when I say normally I mean always! Every cycle. But today is day 13 and I got my smiley face. Twice. Sooo...looks like I am going in for my IUI tomorrow. I'm a bit worried because it is awfully early and also because DH and I haven't drained the ol' pipe since Sunday if you know what I mean. Hopefully that's not too long. He doesn't have any problems with his little guys, so hopefully it will still be a good count. And I hope my cycles don't get all out of whack because of my miscarriage in July.

Curni- sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. My cycles are unmedicated and unmonitered :nope: They were going to start me on clomid if my first IUI didn't work. But I know what you mean about seeing those two lines after a miscarriage! I will be happy to see those lines again but nowhere near as crazy excited as I was the first time. It won't have that innocent feeling of bliss again, but it would still feel wonderful. Cautiously wonderful!

Vkj- good luck tomorrow!

Welcome to all the new joiners! :flower: I have a feeling we are going to be a lucky group of ladies!

Morning ladies!!

Hatethewait - this tww is going to feel like time is standing still lol. How's it going for you so far? Any weird symptoms or anything?? Thanks so much for the well wishes!

AFM - last night I was miserable...the pain in my pelvic region was the worst I've ever experienced. I was really starting to worry about OHSS, but luckily this morning it is much better. Now I'm just kind of achey and tender...but no sharp intense pain. If this cycle doesn't work and he gets me to four follies next cycle I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle that since it was so severe with just two follies this time??!! :sad2:

I also had a question...my RE's office uses a second 10000iu trigger of Pregnyl 5 - 7 days post first trigger for luteal phase support. I've never heard of this at all. I've seen some folks use 1500 iu's for a few days, but never a full trigger?? He told me to test two weeks post IUI, and to come in on Monday for my trigger, then to test the following Wed...but the hcg from the second trigger would very likely still be present?? And what if I need more progesterone support than that? I'm so confused and not sure if I should bug them with further questions about it. Part of me just wishes they had put me on the prometrium...but I'm trying to trust that they know best and for me that's kinda hard lol! Any thoughts??

So far no weird symptoms for me... although, I know it's early I still wish I had some interesting signs!! What about you?

Wish I had an answer for you on the second pregnyl injection dose. Like you, I've seen people use 1500 for luteal phase support. Do you do it any day 5, 6, or 7? Are you supposed to test the Wed the same week you take the next injection? 2 days certainly would be too close together, or at least I would think it would be. If you are testing 12 days after the second injection than you should be fine. You should just ask your clinic so you know. Whenever I'm not sure what's going on I always follow-up with them... I'm a worry wort otherwise and I definitely don't need any added stress! haha. I'm sure they have your best interests in mind though! Fx everything works perfectly!!

Yay! That sounds awesome!!! Hopefully you won't even have to worry about starting meds. Better cancel any other plans for the weekend!! :winkwink:

Fx for you!!

So I normally get my LH surge on day 17 each cycle....and when I say normally I mean always! Every cycle. But today is day 13 and I got my smiley face. Twice. Sooo...looks like I am going in for my IUI tomorrow. I'm a bit worried because it is awfully early and also because DH and I haven't drained the ol' pipe since Sunday if you know what I mean. Hopefully that's not too long. He doesn't have any problems with his little guys, so hopefully it will still be a good count. And I hope my cycles don't get all out of whack because of my miscarriage in July.

Curni- sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. My cycles are unmedicated and unmonitered :nope: They were going to start me on clomid if my first IUI didn't work. But I know what you mean about seeing those two lines after a miscarriage! I will be happy to see those lines again but nowhere near as crazy excited as I was the first time. It won't have that innocent feeling of bliss again, but it would still feel wonderful. Cautiously wonderful!

Vkj- good luck tomorrow!

Welcome to all the new joiners! :flower: I have a feeling we are going to be a lucky group of ladies!

Hmm, I wonder why you are o-ing early this cycle. Did you do anything differently?? Supplements? accupuncture? anything? Let's hope it's a good sign that things are starting off differently this cycle. Hopefully this'll be the cycle that works!!!

As for dh's swimmers, I wouldn't stress. My fs actually tells us NOT to "drain the ol' pipe" for 3-5 days prior to the IUI. My hubby's counts have been fine for our last 2 iui's.

Good luck tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes!

Jaan- just read through this thread and saw you updated your signature. :)

-LovemyTripawd

I really do feel this a lucky thread and I have a good feeling about it... :)

-Hatethewait

I'm really excited for you and wishing you a BFP!!!

-Gingmg

Any news ?? What's new??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back