• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

No, we're actually going for #3, my third, my OH's first. I had two boys from my previous marriage...they are 9 and 10...I'm 40, it's been so long though I feel like it's TTC #1 again...lol. For my first I actually went through fertility treatments for a little over 2 years...he was IUI #3 success, so this isn't my first time with that either...but again, it's been so long, and things have changed so much in the RE world, that I feel like it's my first time again. While there are definately tough aspects to this level of of intervention...the monitoring and medical assistance, especially at my age, help to make me feel like we are being super productive now lol. I don't have alot of time to waste any more. It's funny, I just realized that this cycle will officially be over before I would have even ovulated on a natural cycle, that combined with two eggs instead of one, and all 24 million sperm being put right in the right spot make me feel super hopeful!!

Nothing replaces the feeling of your first ever BFP...it's a feeling only a mother can understand...I'm rooting for you're being able to experience that VERY soon!! Having had the miscarriage a few months ago, seeing those two lines again will be a mixed bag of emotions for me...joy, excitement, fear and worry all wrapped up into one. But I'm keeping a very positive attitude and know that we'll be taking home our rainbow baby eventually!

Omg I got teary eyes!! It's been a journey for us, we've been on the TTC journey for 4 years now and we've been NTNP for three years and a half and now were trying trying if you know what I mean? ;) I'm not on birth control or anything to prevent me from getting pregnant, got everything checked. All is good and normal, husband SA is 130 mil, doctor eventually diagnosed us as unexplained... But for me not one single BFP :( and I am hoping this would work out for us. And I wish you the best of luck and baby dust!! I hope we get our BFP soon!!! :hugs:

I totally know what you mean!! Have you done an HSG yet to check your tubes to make sure there are no blockages there??

So I normally get my LH surge on day 17 each cycle....and when I say normally I mean always! Every cycle. But today is day 13 and I got my smiley face. Twice. Sooo...looks like I am going in for my IUI tomorrow. I'm a bit worried because it is awfully early and also because DH and I haven't drained the ol' pipe since Sunday if you know what I mean. Hopefully that's not too long. He doesn't have any problems with his little guys, so hopefully it will still be a good count. And I hope my cycles don't get all out of whack because of my miscarriage in July.

Curni- sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. My cycles are unmedicated and unmonitered :nope: They were going to start me on clomid if my first IUI didn't work. But I know what you mean about seeing those two lines after a miscarriage! I will be happy to see those lines again but nowhere near as crazy excited as I was the first time. It won't have that innocent feeling of bliss again, but it would still feel wonderful. Cautiously wonderful!

Vkj- good luck tomorrow!

Welcome to all the new joiners! :flower: I have a feeling we are going to be a lucky group of ladies!

Good luck with your IUI!!! My doc recommends 4 or 5 days without draining the pipe too lol. I think you guys will be fine :happydance:. Can't wait to hear all about it, and that makes a few of us in the dreaded tww together!! I totally agree that seeing those two lines will be cautiously wonderful :hugs:.

Hatethewait - No signs for me yet either, but yeah it's a bit early. I really go into each tww saying I'm not going to symptom spot, and I do truly try not to, but we all know how that goes. I'm hoping maybe this go round having had the two triggers will help keep my mind in check cuz I will probably just relate any weird symptoms back to the shots. I'm trying to stay super relaxed about it all...easier said than done though lol. As far as the 2nd Pregnyl injection I'll take that (along with an US to make sure there isnt any hyperstimulation first) this coming MOnday, he told me to test the following Wed which is only 9 days. I'll ask them more when I go in on Monday. I am a total worry wort too...did I mention I'm trying to stay as relaxed as possible :dohh: lol.

I need to check out Jaan's signature?!!

I can't see Jaan's signature??? I'm guessing it was succesful??!!

If I am reading it right, yes looks like she had a sucessful cycle.

Hatethewait - No signs for me yet either, but yeah it's a bit early. I really go into each tww saying I'm not going to symptom spot, and I do truly try not to, but we all know how that goes. I'm hoping maybe this go round having had the two triggers will help keep my mind in check cuz I will probably just relate any weird symptoms back to the shots. I'm trying to stay super relaxed about it all...easier said than done though lol. As far as the 2nd Pregnyl injection I'll take that (along with an US to make sure there isnt any hyperstimulation first) this coming MOnday, he told me to test the following Wed which is only 9 days. I'll ask them more when I go in on Monday. I am a total worry wort too...did I mention I'm trying to stay as relaxed as possible :dohh: lol.

I need to check out Jaan's signature?!!

I did the same with this tww - no symptom spotting. I've done pretty good until today. I'm 6dpiui and have been having sharp cramping off and on all day! I don't think I've ever had anything like that before, but I'm still not too sure what to make of it. Think it could be related to the ovidrel shot I got last Friday?

9 days after the second pregnyl injection might be too soon. I wonder how I came up with 12 days?? :dohh: Anyway, it's definitely a good idea to ask them so you know for sure.

Good luck with the relaxing. I plan to do the same this weekend :thumbup:

No, we're actually going for #3, my third, my OH's first. I had two boys from my previous marriage...they are 9 and 10...I'm 40, it's been so long though I feel like it's TTC #1 again...lol. For my first I actually went through fertility treatments for a little over 2 years...he was IUI #3 success, so this isn't my first time with that either...but again, it's been so long, and things have changed so much in the RE world, that I feel like it's my first time again. While there are definately tough aspects to this level of of intervention...the monitoring and medical assistance, especially at my age, help to make me feel like we are being super productive now lol. I don't have alot of time to waste any more. It's funny, I just realized that this cycle will officially be over before I would have even ovulated on a natural cycle, that combined with two eggs instead of one, and all 24 million sperm being put right in the right spot make me feel super hopeful!!

Nothing replaces the feeling of your first ever BFP...it's a feeling only a mother can understand...I'm rooting for you're being able to experience that VERY soon!! Having had the miscarriage a few months ago, seeing those two lines again will be a mixed bag of emotions for me...joy, excitement, fear and worry all wrapped up into one. But I'm keeping a very positive attitude and know that we'll be taking home our rainbow baby eventually!

Omg I got teary eyes!! It's been a journey for us, we've been on the TTC journey for 4 years now and we've been NTNP for three years and a half and now were trying trying if you know what I mean? ;) I'm not on birth control or anything to prevent me from getting pregnant, got everything checked. All is good and normal, husband SA is 130 mil, doctor eventually diagnosed us as unexplained... But for me not one single BFP :( and I am hoping this would work out for us. And I wish you the best of luck and baby dust!! I hope we get our BFP soon!!! :hugs:

I totally know what you mean!! Have you done an HSG yet to check your tubes to make sure there are no blockages there??

Hiii!!! yes I have got the HSG done and tubes are good and open.. We're just Going to play along and if we get a nice surprise by the end this month that would be wonderful but if AF shows her face then IUI here we come!!!

Ladies been having twinges on the right side with right side lower back aches, hope that's a good sign?:thumbup: doc said I should be ovulating within two to three days since my last appointment on wed 9-4-13 ahhh hope it happens naturally we've been :sex: the past two days ;) hubby doesn't want to stop lol!!he wants to catch the egg , I'm just concerned doing it everyday for a week will decrease the lil swimmers ??

Hi guys, mind if I join?

I just finished my first IUI cycle (clomid/ovidrel/IUI/progesterone). Unfortunately BFN so I stopped progesterone and wait for AF now.

I was so hopeful and then extra disappointed this time because it was my first IUI! What an emotional rollercoaster. Now I'm feeling better and excited for another go. Hopefully I'm a little wiser this time and will not get carried away with instincts and symptoms.

I liked reading about everyone's experience here. It gives me hope to hear that tweaking the meds can help. That is what we are doing on round 2. Upping the clomid from 100 to 150, doing the follicle scan a day earlier ( I was a bit over-ripe on CD12), and doing ovidrel at home so we can time the IUI at 36 hours.

I wish you all luck!!

Hi guys, mind if I join?

I just finished my first IUI cycle (clomid/ovidrel/IUI/progesterone). Unfortunately BFN so I stopped progesterone and wait for AF now.

I was so hopeful and then extra disappointed this time because it was my first IUI! What an emotional rollercoaster. Now I'm feeling better and excited for another go. Hopefully I'm a little wiser this time and will not get carried away with instincts and symptoms.

I liked reading about everyone's experience here. It gives me hope to hear that tweaking the meds can help. That is what we are doing on round 2. Upping the clomid from 100 to 150, doing the follicle scan a day earlier ( I was a bit over-ripe on CD12), and doing ovidrel at home so we can time the IUI at 36 hours.

I wish you all luck!!

Welcome!!! We would love to have you join us on this crazy Rollercoaster ride!! Lol sorry to hear about your first failed attempt:( maybe this one would be the lucky one:happydance: yay !! Lets get our BFP!!! And Good Luck:hugs:

CD 12 scan yesterday, not ready yet, going back tomorrow morning then the trigger. I'm a little afraid cuz I know I will start my own surge tomorrow so not sure how this is going to go with the timing of everything. I'm just going to try to let it go and trust that one of these times it will work. :)

Happy beautiful Sunday morning ladies...well at least here, hope it's beautiful where everyone else is too :flower:. Speaking of, where is everyone else from? I'm in Virginia!

Hatethewait - Not sure if it could be related to the shot...I've had some crampiness/heaviness off and on as well...but I'm writing off to my pelvic area still recovering from the ovulation from hell experience lol! All of my appendages are crossed that those signs are good ones!!

Samoorah - those symptoms sound very promising :happydance:!! How you feelin today?? Has OH been checked out to see how his swimmers are?? I'm thinking if there are no issues there you guys should be good to go with everyday, as long as his stamina can keep up lol. There was one cycle where I got a positive OPK and we upped our BD'ing only to find out my body didn't respond to that surge, and I surged again a little over a week later...lets just say he was completely spent that cycle lol!!

FindingKismet - Welcome!! So glad to have another on this crazy roller coaster ride with us!! So sorry to hear about your BFN...but that first cycle is very much a trial and error run, definitely find hope and positivity in their ability to make it a more precise opportunity in any future rounds :hugs:!

gingmg - good luck tomorrow!! Keep us posted on how it goes...don't worry, ive heard of many a time where folks took their trigger the same day as their natural surge!! Fx'ed for you!!

AFM - been keeping busy this weekend, so trying not to focus too much on this waiting game. Been struggling with some hormonal type symptoms, been fairly on edge and irritable...my poor family lol. I'm pretty sure it's just from the trigger shot since it's still so early, which makes it even more annoying :growlmad:. Is anyone still temping through this? My temps have definitely been different, and it shot up this morning from 98 to 98.4, which I've never had a temp that high or an increase that significant...not sure if it's the meds or not. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out! Like I said though, trying not to look too much into these kinds of things, but like we all know...easier said than done. I've been testing out my trigger the last two mornings, it was fairly dark yesterday morning, lighter this morning. I'll test again in the morning before I go in for my HCG booster. Then I'm guessing I'll have to wait another 10 - 12 days before I test again. Trying to get an idea of how long this one takes so I can get a sense of how long to wait for the next one tomorrow...really don't want to risk a false positive with that one...my psyche can't take it :nope:!

Can't wait to hear how this week plays out for everyone...so exciting!! Lots of baby dust to all! :dust:

My IUI on Friday went well. There was a lot less pain this time! I was shocked. My cervix didn't even need to be dilated. She said it still wasn't as open as it should be, but it wasn't sealed tight either. Maybe with all this poking around, it is going to start behaving :) I had a temp spike the next morning, so even though it was very early this cycle, I think the timing was alright. I was told that a cd14 ovulation would be better than my usual cd17 because it gives it more time and less chance of miscarriage. Who knows? I am hopeful this cycle, but also trying not to drive myself crazy or get my hopes up too high. I had absolutely no symptoms when I got my bfp. It wasn't until after I got my bfp that I noticed my boobs hadn't gotten sore like they usually do every cycle and I hadn't gotten any little acne breakouts like I normally do before af comes. So of course now I'm going to be feeling myself up and analyzing my blemishes during this tww! :haha:

Hatethewait85- I didn't do anything differently this cycle. I was told that sometimes after a miscarriage, your cycles can change a bit. That's what I'm guessing is happening. And I guess that's okay because I would actually be a lot happier with cd14 than cd17 ovulation. How is the tww going for you?

FindingKismet- Welcome! I see that you are on progesterone suppositories. Do you get any side effects from those? I was told I may need them because my progesterone was low when I got bfp, and they are going to test it again this cycle.

meiligurl- How is your tww going?

samoorah1983- The twinges sound like a good sign!

gingmg- Good luck!

vkj73- How did Friday go for you?

curni2112- It's a beautiful Sunday morning in Wisconsin too. Although my day is just going to consist of fantasy football and a few hours of cleaning out my aquarium, so it won't be a very fun day outside :nope: As for the temp spike, a lot of things can affect it. Have you been feeling sick or anything? Earlier this cycle I made the mistake of taking a benedryl before bed and my temp was super high the next morning. So it's pretty touchy. I guess I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but I know how it is to want to analyze everything.

FindingKismet- Welcome! I see that you are on progesterone suppositories. Do you get any side effects from those? I was told I may need them because my progesterone was low when I got bfp, and they are going to test it again this cycle.

The side effects are subtle for me ... but I think I get a little irritable the first day on them. Other than that, I just have to wear a pad all the time. I set my phone alarm for 6am, 2pm, and 10pm and drop whatever I'm doing to take it. Oh, and the biggest side effect is that I don't get my period until a few days after I stop taking them, but then that's kind of the point:flower:

My IUI on Friday went well. There was a lot less pain this time! I was shocked. My cervix didn't even need to be dilated. She said it still wasn't as open as it should be, but it wasn't sealed tight either. Maybe with all this poking around, it is going to start behaving :) I had a temp spike the next morning, so even though it was very early this cycle, I think the timing was alright. I was told that a cd14 ovulation would be better than my usual cd17 because it gives it more time and less chance of miscarriage. Who knows? I am hopeful this cycle, but also trying not to drive myself crazy or get my hopes up too high. I had absolutely no symptoms when I got my bfp. It wasn't until after I got my bfp that I noticed my boobs hadn't gotten sore like they usually do every cycle and I hadn't gotten any little acne breakouts like I normally do before af comes. So of course now I'm going to be feeling myself up and analyzing my blemishes during this tww! :haha:

Hatethewait85- I didn't do anything differently this cycle. I was told that sometimes after a miscarriage, your cycles can change a bit. That's what I'm guessing is happening. And I guess that's okay because I would actually be a lot happier with cd14 than cd17 ovulation. How is the tww going for you?

meiligurl- How is your tww going?

samoorah1983- The twinges sound like a good sign!

gingmg- Good luck!

vkj73- How did Friday go for you?

curni2112- It's a beautiful Sunday morning in Wisconsin too. Although my day is just going to consist of fantasy football and a few hours of cleaning out my aquarium, so it won't be a very fun day outside :nope: As for the temp spike, a lot of things can affect it. Have you been feeling sick or anything? Earlier this cycle I made the mistake of taking a benedryl before bed and my temp was super high the next morning. So it's pretty touchy. I guess I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but I know how it is to want to analyze everything.

Congrats on the IUI!! So glad it wasn't as painful, that's awesome :happydance:! Hoping the timing was just perfect :thumbup:. You cracked me up on the feeling yourself up and checking your blemishes comment...too funny!! Only us girls here would totally get that..hahaha!!

Ladies been having twinges on the right side with right side lower back aches, hope that's a good sign?:thumbup: doc said I should be ovulating within two to three days since my last appointment on wed 9-4-13 ahhh hope it happens naturally we've been :sex: the past two days ;) hubby doesn't want to stop lol!!he wants to catch the egg , I'm just concerned doing it everyday for a week will decrease the lil swimmers ??

Sounds like a great sign!! I hope it happens naturally for you too!!! The best time to bd is the couple of days before ovulation so it sounds like you got your bases covered :thumbup:

CD 12 scan yesterday, not ready yet, going back tomorrow morning then the trigger. I'm a little afraid cuz I know I will start my own surge tomorrow so not sure how this is going to go with the timing of everything. I'm just going to try to let it go and trust that one of these times it will work. :)

I know quite a few people who trigger on the day of their natural surge - it's sort of like a "booster" then.

I actually triggered on my natural surge day this last time. The last 2 cycles (since starting IUI) I got a positive opk test, followed by a negative opk test a few hours later. The first cycle I retested the next morning and it was positive and had an IUI the morning after the SECOND positive test. This last cycle I never retested, I was just told to trigger ASAP and come in the next morning. I was stressing the night before my last IUI about the timing of everything, but I figured we were at least doing something different than the first one.

Hopefully everything is timed perfectly for you and you get your BFP this time!!

Happy beautiful Sunday morning ladies...well at least here, hope it's beautiful where everyone else is too :flower:. Speaking of, where is everyone else from? I'm in Virginia!

Hatethewait - Not sure if it could be related to the shot...I've had some crampiness/heaviness off and on as well...but I'm writing off to my pelvic area still recovering from the ovulation from hell experience lol! All of my appendages are crossed that those signs are good ones!!

AFM - been keeping busy this weekend, so trying not to focus too much on this waiting game. Been struggling with some hormonal type symptoms, been fairly on edge and irritable...my poor family lol. I'm pretty sure it's just from the trigger shot since it's still so early, which makes it even more annoying :growlmad:. Is anyone still temping through this? My temps have definitely been different, and it shot up this morning from 98 to 98.4, which I've never had a temp that high or an increase that significant...not sure if it's the meds or not. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out! Like I said though, trying not to look too much into these kinds of things, but like we all know...easier said than done. I've been testing out my trigger the last two mornings, it was fairly dark yesterday morning, lighter this morning. I'll test again in the morning before I go in for my HCG booster. Then I'm guessing I'll have to wait another 10 - 12 days before I test again. Trying to get an idea of how long this one takes so I can get a sense of how long to wait for the next one tomorrow...really don't want to risk a false positive with that one...my psyche can't take it :nope:!

Can't wait to hear how this week plays out for everyone...so exciting!! Lots of baby dust to all! :dust:

Yeah it could definitely be recovery from ovulating... I guess we'll find out soon!! Fx for sure. I've also been extremely irritable. There has been A LOT of bickering with my poor hubby. I've been relating it to the trigger shot too. This was my first time using the ovidrel and I am way more irritable than last cycle.

As for temping, I gave that up when my thermometers battery died 8 months ago! Haha, I figured it wasn't worth replacing since it obviously didn't work to get me preggers!

Good luck!!

Yay! So glad your IUI went well!! Perhaps it was more "open" because the timing was perfect?!? It sure sounds like you got those :spermy: in there at the right time!! I always thought it didn't matter when you ovulated as long as you had a long enough luteal phase? But that's good to know. I usually ovulate right around CD14. My cycle on meds is much shorter though (only 25-26 days vs 30ish) so it would definitely be no good if I ovulated later!

I've definitely started feeling myself up too!! Haha. I never get sore boobs, so I keep hoping that they'll be sore. So far not much- maybe a little tender? Probably my desperation though :dohh: The rest of the tww is going fine. I had a lot of sharp cramping off and on Friday all day but since then things have been pretty quiet. Not sure what to make of that though.

Fx for both of us!!

AFM, I had a wonderful weekend in Wisconsin, too (aside from the Packer loss, today :growlmad:). I'm always amazed at the 20-30 degree temp swing that we have here. 90 yesterday, barely 70 today! Crazy town!!

I've been feeling fine, too. No major symptoms since Friday though so not sure what to make of all this. Hoping the week goes by quickly because I'm starting to get antsy to test and I have to wait until Friday!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"