IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Curni- thanks! Yeah I am super excited about nearing the 2nd tri. We are finally telling our family and friends this weekend and it just feels surreal. /QUOTE]

That's so exciting that you get to start announcing. I bet you are about to bust!!! Please share ALL of the amazing details! I totally agree...with my two boys we refused to find out, we only get a certain number of true surprises in this world, that was a significant one for us. I was so glad we didn't find out, it was such an amazing experience hearing them call it as soon as they came out :flower:.

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out... How many of you are taking progesterone during luteal phase, and do you get AF immediately after you stop?
This is my second month of taking it to extend my luteal phase, and last month I stopped at 12 DPO and AF came the next morning. In the situation that I am pregnant, but BFP doesn't show up by 14 DPO, would stopping progesterone have negative effects? I've read that some people don't get BFP until well past their AF was due.

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out... How many of you are taking progesterone during luteal phase, and do you get AF immediately after you stop?
This is my second month of taking it to extend my luteal phase, and last month I stopped at 12 DPO and AF came the next morning. In the situation that I am pregnant, but BFP doesn't show up by 14 DPO, would stopping progesterone have negative effects? I've read that some people don't get BFP until well past their AF was due.

I've always been told to take it till 14dpo, if BFN then stop. The first clinic I was associated with years ago for my first determined the BFN by a beta draw at 14dpo, this clinic has you do a urine test at home. If it's positive then you come in for a beta. I too got nervous about well what if I wouldn't test positive on a home pregnancy test till after 14dpo. I felt that was rare enough where I felt secure stopping the supplements at 14dpo. It took me three days, which seemed to be typical when I was searching for similar answers, to start my period.

You can always ask them if they'd go on and confirm BFN or BFP via beta at 14dpo to make you feel more comfortable. A blood draw at that point would be conclusive. Isn't all this fun...NOT! Lol

image.jpgWent and bought more test for the next 4 days!!! I tested @ 9:37 pm it's getting darker!!!! Ladies I'm sending dust to all of you!!!

Samoorah that would def read on a digi ;)
Kaylen, unfortunately if hcg is so low as to not register on a hpt at 14 dpo it's mostly likely non viable (learned this the hard way). Hcg 'should' typically be 100+ by 14 dpo, which would register on any hpt. In rare cases this doesn't happen, but those cases are rare, or if the person is unsure of dpo.

Ah thanks for the answers. I tested today at 10 DPO with morning urine and it was totally negative.

Starting IUI cycle next week. I read the clomid dries out CM, and mine is already not a whole lots. How is one supposed to get pregnant without fertile CM? Is there anything se I can take to increase it? I've read that evening primrose oil helps... Has any one here used it and what was your experience? Any other suggestions?

Can you find a pharmacy that sells preseed? That pharmacy attached to my fertility clinic sells it. It's a fertility friendly lube. Lots of people use it. Maybe ask your FS where you could find it.

P.s. I would test again at 14 dpo just in case ;) 10 dpo is still a bit early.

Can you find a pharmacy that sells preseed? That pharmacy attached to my fertility clinic sells it. It's a fertility friendly lube. Lots of people use it. Maybe ask your FS where you could find it.

Actually I have pre-seed but my husband says it reduces his sensitivity... I personally don't understand how pre-seed would replace CM. My understanding is that CM is inside the cervix and uterus and the sperm needs to swim through it to get to the egg. Well pre-sees will only be in the vagina so how will it help?
I am going to test again at 14 (on tueaday) and then stop the progesterone. This is quite convenient for me as I am on vacation the week after next and can go to doctor appointment without affecting work.

Samoorah- Wow! That last test was much darker than mine! That's a damn good line! :happydance: I can't wait for you to go in for your beta! Congrats!

Evening primrose oil up to O day is supposed to increase cm.

Actually I have pre-seed but my husband says it reduces his sensitivity... I personally don't understand how pre-seed would replace CM. My understanding is that CM is inside the cervix and uterus and the Soren needs to swim through it to get to the egg. Well pre-sees will only be in the vagina so how will it help?
I am going to test again at 14 (on tueaday) and then stop the progesterone. This is quite convenient for me as I am on vacation the week after next and can go to doctor appointment without affecting work.

My husband complained of the same thing with pressed...for him we had to reduce the amount for him to be able to tolerate it. Fertile CM sits outside the cervix as well, so it can help with a lack of EWCM issue. Also, Femara (or Letrozole) is an alternative pill form medication that can replace Clomid. Some RE's are gravitating to it now because it has less negative side effects than Clomid (doesn't dry up your CM, thin your lining, etc). You could always ask about trying it. It can run higher in cost than Clomid but there are tons of prescription cards online that offer very good discounts. I used goodrx.com for mine, reduced it from over $200 to $17 :thumbup:. I would definitely test again...10dpo is still very early. Fx'ed crossed for you!!

Heath - I agree with the others. How on earth do they know off one hcg test?? What was the number? Did they draw your progesterone too and i was practically 0? It usually takes a series of blood draws (and at a very minimum 2) to determine a progressing pregnancy. I'd request a redraw on Monday (unless they can do it on Saturday's).

The nurse said the HCG was positive but it was so low they consider it a negative (I think she said it was a .7 or something like that). I will probably test again in a few days to see if it is negative or if there is still a line. Fortunately, I did not test early this month so I did not see the BFP until after I had my "period" so I wasn't thinking I was pregnant for a week. It's still hard but at least I know something is working!

[/ATTACH]I tested on the digital I used clearblue I know there's. lot of negativity about them but I tested anyway so I tested with frer and clearblue this morning... The frer is a slightly lighter ... Cold it be my urine is diluted?? I'm kind of worried :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
Don't worry about the line colours. You're testing all times of day, plus individual tests could vary slightly in the amount of dye. Just relax and enjoy :) Congrats

It could be a number of things, more diluted urine, holding in urine for more time, different dye lot batch of test...etc... Your digi says pregnant now too :) The frer on 16dpt looks darker than the fmu on 15dpt :)
You've got great progression! Huge Congrats!

Congrats samoorah - pics look great.

Sorry Heath...

AFM - yes the current plan is to try to wait until next Thursday to test...I'm too scared to see the negative to test early.

Congrats samoorah - pics look great.

Sorry Heath...

AFM - yes the current plan is to try to wait until next Thursday to test...I'm too scared to see the negative to test early.

Sending :dust: :dust: your way!!!!!:hugs:

As I suspected, beta was negative. I knew it though, I poas before I went for the blood draw this morning. So we're changing my protocol a bit. No clomid (after I got it for free from them this morning LOL). I was on Follistim last month at 75 units and we're upping to 225 units. Doc seemed pretty certain AF was gonna arrive since she took me off progesterone which is fine with me. I told her I wanted to try IUI again to see if we can't get more follies on my good (left) side and she was fine with that. If I don't produce more this time, IVF might be my only chance. Best to all of you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->