IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Mind if I join? I had my first IUI last Thursday - one week down/one to go!

Heath - there are definitely lines - my understanding (which is not much by the way) is that the digitals can't read as early which is why that prob came back negative.

I think most digitalis read at 50 hcg, the cb with conception indicator read at 25.

Oh, and at 14 dpo hcg should typically be at, or above, 100.

Tested this morning and the line got darker!!! I'm just testing till the day I'm supposed to have AF on Saturday and once I call on Monday I go in for beta!!!

heath - OMG...those lines are most certainly there!!! Call for a beta!!!

samoorah - those are definately registering a true BFP!!

I'm so excited for you two!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:!!!

Lovemytripawd - I love your siggy :flower:!! So excited you are almost in your 2nd trimester...seems like just yesterday you found out!!

AFM - estrogen came back low enough that after discussing the pro's and con's of moving forward my doc and I agreed to start the injectibles last night. He doesn't want me to waste injectible money on a cycle that has signs of potentially being a dud. But I reminded them I already had a 900iu vial in the fridge that had already been punctured from last cycle so he agreed to give it a chance. He agreed to more monitoring starting sooner rather than later, so I go in tomorrow for a scan. We decided if I only have the one follicle that's responding and other's aren't following suite that I'll just stop the meds and move forward with the one without any further meds, and possibly just proceed naturally (hubby and I are weighing the pros and cons of going ahead and paying the money for the IUI even if there is just one follicle). If that happens then I agreed to a BCP reset cycle after should it not work. I feel so much better the doctor engaged me more, listened and actually asked for my input, and worked with me on a plan that involves my particular circumstance and not the clinics "hamster wheel" approach to cycles in general. So cautiously optimistic about this cycle. Tomorrow's appt should be pretty telling.

Mind if I join? I had my first IUI last Thursday - one week down/one to go!

Heath - there are definitely lines - my understanding (which is not much by the way) is that the digitals can't read as early which is why that prob came back negative.

Welcome Moni!!! Good luck with this last grueling week of the TWW!! Fx'ed it worked :thumbup:!

samoorah - That is a great progression! SOOOO happy for you! Can't wait for your beta results on Monday!

heath - those are lines. - did you test again?

curni - hope you get good news tomorrow :)

hatethewait - didn't you have a scan today? How did it go?

afm - my follie check came back better than they had expected, I had 2 on the left at 13mm and 8mm, and a few on the right ranging from 13mm to 8mm. I am to take whatever gonal f I have left tonight, and come back and see them on Sat morning. FX!

samoorah - That is a great progression! SOOOO happy for you! Can't wait for your beta results on Monday!

heath - those are lines. - did you test again?

curni - hope you get good news tomorrow :)

hatethewait - didn't you have a scan today? How did it go?

afm - my follie check came back better than they had expected, I had 2 on the left at 13mm and 8mm, and a few on the right ranging from 13mm to 8mm. I am to take whatever gonal f I have left tonight, and come back and see them on Sat morning. FX!

Sounds promising...good luck on Saturday!!!

heath- That definitely looks like 2 lines to me! :happydance: Did you call your clinic for bloodwork to confirm it??

lamago- Yay for being half-way done!! I think it's good that you are having no symptoms. Most people don't have any symptoms right away so fx! It's important to have a good relationship with your doctor as this is such a trying journey. Switch if you need to so you can find someone you trust! As for drinks during the tww, my doc said it was ok the first week but that I shouldn't the second week. I will occasionally have a drink, but I've just given it up pretty much. Not worth it to me to stress over if it's ok or not.

Lovemytripawd- Glad you are starting to feel better again! Bummer about the headaches, but you are so right, it's definitely worth it! Do you think you'll find out the gender? Thanks for the well wishes for my IVF. I never thought I'd need it but I'm so grateful for the option. Success stories are what get me through this journey.

Moni- Hi! Hope the last week of your tww flies by! Are you going to wait until next Thursday to test?

Samoorah- That is so great that your lines are getting darker. Hooray!!

Curni- It sounds like you have a good relationship with your doctor. Your game plan sounds awesome. Let us know how things look tomorrow! Fx this extra monitoring will get you your BFP!

River- Yay for lots of good looking follicles! Grow follies grow! What CD are you on? I hope this is it!!

AFM- I did have an appointment today and my doc was super happy with the looks of things today! She said my risk of OHSS is pretty low at this point and that I am responding perfectly. Follicles are growing but not too fast. It doesn't look like I'll get to 20 like she anticipated but that's ok. Right now they measured 5 on my left (biggest 2 around 11.5) and 7 on my right (biggest around 15). There are 3-4 on each side <10 that they didn't measure. Bloodwork was fine, too. Next check isn't until Sunday! I'm staying on the same dose of follistim until then but also started the cetrotide today to keep me from ovulating early. Estimating egg retrieval 11/21 plus or minus a day!

Hope you all have a great day!

AFM- I did have an appointment today and my doc was super happy with the looks of things today! She said my risk of OHSS is pretty low at this point and that I am responding perfectly. Follicles are growing but not too fast. It doesn't look like I'll get to 20 like she anticipated but that's ok. Right now they measured 5 on my left (biggest 2 around 11.5) and 7 on my right (biggest around 15). There are 3-4 on each side <10 that they didn't measure. Bloodwork was fine, too. Next check isn't until Sunday! I'm staying on the same dose of follistim until then but also started the cetrotide today to keep me from ovulating early. Estimating egg retrieval 11/21 plus or minus a day!

Awesome news!!!! It sounds like you are moving along perfectly!! I'm so happy for you that all seems to be progressing so well :hugs:. Can't wait for your Sunday update.

Yeah, my doc is relatively young, kinda new to the scene in comparison to the other FS's in our area, and not from this area so getting into a preexisting well established clinic was perfect for him. I love his enthusiasm and positive attitude and that when I can make him take a deep breath and settle into a conversation with me he is super informative and isn't threatened by my input...cuz you know after so long of this nonsense we could all have an RE behind our name :haha:.

I just really think he's overwhelmed by the level of patients that they bring in, and the hecticness that that creates. And I think one of the ways they have compensated for so many patients is to create this what seems to be very rigid schedule to put folks on so that it makes scheduling more predictable/easy for them. I thus far, haven't responded in a way that fits nicely into this predetermined schedule. I foresee this kind of practice frustrating him because of the lack of individualization that it inspires and eventually he will have his own practice.

River- Yay for lots of good looking follicles! Grow follies grow! What CD are you on? I hope this is it!!

I am on cd9. the last 2 IUI cycles, I had 1 dominant follie by this point around 16mm, so more smaller ones I think is good :)

Your appt sounds like it went quite well! Can't wait to hear what Sunday brings :)

I went to the doctor this afternoon to have a blood test and they just called to say that it looks like it was a chemical pregnancy. I wasn't getting my hopes up for a positive pregnancy result but I am still a little sad. The nurse said that we will not do any treatment this month so I guess it's all natural again. She did say the good thing was that it looks like everything is working, it just didn't stick. It's just so frustrating because we have been waiting almost 2 years and when something finally happens, it doesn't stick! Here's to hoping this month will be better!

I went to the doctor this afternoon to have a blood test and they just called to say that it looks like it was a chemical pregnancy. I wasn't getting my hopes up for a positive pregnancy result but I am still a little sad. The nurse said that we will not do any treatment this month so I guess it's all natural again. She did say the good thing was that it looks like everything is working, it just didn't stick. It's just so frustrating because we have been waiting almost 2 years and when something finally happens, it doesn't stick! Here's to hoping this month will be better!

So sorry honey for the chemical... Hope next cycle will be the one for you!! :hugs::kiss::hugs:

Looks like it is getting darker, samoorah!! How exciting! I am so happy for you. Oh, and don't worry about any cramping you might get. It's normal. I cramped and felt like I was going to get my period up until week 6. I really really hope this is your bfp! It looks so promising!

LoveMyTripawd-I'm so glad you wrote that because I have been cramping everyday and even though I know that it's normal, it was very reassuring to have you write that.

Welcome bash and moni!

samorrah-those pictures just keep getting better and better!! So excited for you and can't wait to hear about your beta on Monday.

heath-I am so sorry about the chemical:-(. I was thinking this was it. It's small consolation but everything is working and it's possible. FX'd for your next round.

hatethewait-everything sounds like it's moving along nicely! FX'd for you.

river-hoping that lead follicle leads to your BFP!

lamago-I think the drinking in the TWW is a personal choice. I decided to continue to have a drink until I had a reason not to. So, of course, my BFP month I celebrated my DH's birthday with quite a few cocktails and found out three days later that I wouldn't be drinking anymore ;-). I'm not worried that I did any harm and I got to have that final margarita. Whatever choice you make will be the right choice for you.

Heath what makes them assume chemical? You've only had one hcg yes? And you're not sure which dpo you are? Could just be very early.

Curni- thanks! Yeah I am super excited about nearing the 2nd tri. We are finally telling our family and friends this weekend and it just feels surreal.

Hatethewait- DH and I don't want to find out the gender. A lot of the fun was sucked out of ttc, so we want the fun and surprise of finding out the gender at birth.

Heath- did they give you a reason as to why they think chemical? I'm not trying to question their judgement, but I just don't understand how they can tell from one blood test. Was it back near 0 or something?

Nolababy- how have you been doing?

Heath - I agree with the others. How on earth do they know off one hcg test?? What was the number? Did they draw your progesterone too and i was practically 0? It usually takes a series of blood draws (and at a very minimum 2) to determine a progressing pregnancy. I'd request a redraw on Monday (unless they can do it on Saturday's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->