IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

It's funny, when I told my FS that I didn't have any spotting on the prog she said 'wow it doesn't usually work that well' :s maybe it's a better quality follicle with the meds that's making the difference. I was on just femara that cycle. The bfp that I lost my spotting started around 10 dpiui I think.

It's funny, when I told my FS that I didn't have any spotting on the prog she said 'wow it doesn't usually work that well' :s maybe it's a better quality follicle with the meds that's making the difference. I was on just femara that cycle. The bfp that I lost my spotting started around 10 dpiui I think.

Definitely sounds like you're body responded well to it :thumbup:! And all of it combined can definitely make things work in there more efficiently. Do you have a history of a short luteal phase on natural cycles? Progresterone conversations can be difficult though, there is alot of data out there that says low progesterone can actually just be your body's natural response to an embryo that won't make it. So it's kinda one of those what comes first the chicken or the egg scenario's...did the low progesterone cause the early mc or did an embryo that wasn't healthy cause the low progesterone and resulting mc. It's so hard to know how to proceed with stuff like this. But if you consistently have spotting with a short luteal phase, progesterone supplements can most certainly help a healthy egg stick!

For the past 2 IUI cycles, so the ones with injectibles, I spotted a couple days before af. The spotting happened when my temp and natural prog was still quite high. Then my temp came down to about cover, and af started. Because of the high temps, I kept thinking maybe it was some sort of implantation spotting. My lp was a day or 2 longer as well on the injectibles.
In other previous cycles, my temp would start to go down, and then I'd get spotting for maybe a day or so before af.

curni - sounds great that you had nice sized follies! fx for the IUI tomorrow!

Interesting. Thanks for sharing river. Will see how the next few days go I guess :coffee:

I definitely think the meds are helping. Hopefully better quality follicles will = better luteal phase and a bfp!

Definitely chicken vs egg situation. But I feel I was started on a slippery slope that cycle as the FS triggered me with a follicle of just 16 and lining of 6.5 which seemed low to me. No doubt my lining was below par even before the spotting started. After that my FS took me off clomid and suggested we might try injectables to up my estrogen and strengthen the lining (which seems to have worked so far. Last lining was 8.5 and this time was 7.5, 3 days before O)

My luteal phase is a normal 14 days but just have a lot of spotting most months before full flow.

:thumbup:The prog made my dpo 3 days longer last cycle but I'm not on it this cycle, just injects and so far no spotting :thumbup:

I have spotting a few days before flow too. I don't have it on the medicated cycles though.

So the IUI journey begins today for me. I had the cd1 sonogram today. The lining was 14.5 thick today since it hasn't been shed yet. They saw 14 follies on one side and 11 on the other. No cysts. So I am starring clomid on Sunday and the Sunday after is the second sonogram and trigger.

So I was wondering, when is the sperm collected for the IUI? Is it on the same day? Is it possible to collect some in advance and freeze is so there is more of it?

With my doctor it needs to be there within an hour.

Nolababy- Glad to hear your ultrasound went well. I'm sure these next 2 weeks will fly by. Keep us updated!

curni- Yay for good looking follicles! Hope O pains aren't too bad! Good luck with the IUI.

summer- I didn't ever notice spotting before AF until I started my medicated (letrozole and follistim) IUI cycles. Of course when it didn't matter what was cd1 it was super obvious and then as soon as I had to start timing things (meds, ultrasounds, etc) based on cd1 the spotting/low flow made it so confusing! :shrug: Meds always made my cycle shorter, but I think I just ovulated earlier. Although it seems my lp was 12 days with meds vs 14 days without. I definitely think you should bring up your concerns about a short lp with your fs.

Kaylen- Yay for getting things started. Glad things were looking as expected on cd1. Good luck this cycle! As for the sperm, my office collected day of the IUI but they could collect earlier and freeze if needed- it would just cost more. I don't think you need more than a single samples worth but I guess I never thought about it? :shrug:

AFM- Starting to get excited for EC tomorrow. I feel completely bloated and uncomfortable! I am definitely looking forward to hearing how my eggs look under the microscope! I hope we get a few strong and perfect lil embies out of this! Feeling pretty hopeful that my baby(ies) will be conceived tomorrow :winkwink:

Hugs to all of you. Thanks for all your support through this crazy roller coaster. :hugs: :flower:

kaylen...my current doc says w/in the hour but because we could potentially get stuck in traffic my DH produces in the office. The new office I will use if this cycle IUI doesn't work, talked to me about freezing sperm (costs money to store, etc.).

I was thinking of just putting it in the fridge haha.

Congrats!!!! That is a great number!!!

What is next? Do you go in for an u/s at some point or?

Yes I go in for an ultrasound at week 7. Can't wait!!!

Congratulations samoorah great numbers! Did I read you had 2 follicles at trigger so possibly could have twins? I also found out my first iui was successful and my hcg was 773 today at 15dpo. I'm thinking multiples is very possible eeek!

Yaaaay!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Let me know what happens with you!!! So happy for you!!!!!:hugs:

Just finished with my scan. I have three nice looking appropriately sized follies (all a little over 18) :happydance:! They gave me my trigger in the office and now we go back tomorrow morning at 11 for our IUI....really hoping this is the one!!!

Wish you the best best best best!!!!! And looooots of sticky dust!!!!!!!:hugs:

kaylen, not the fridge, en route to the office if we were to produce at home, it needs to stay next to your skin to keep them warm.

Oh no, don't put them in the fridge. Lol. Like pp said, they need to be kept as close to body temp as possible.

Our office doesn't freeze unless the hubby is undergoing chemo, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"