IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Our FS was very optimistic that iui would work though which is nice to hear. :) Hope she's right.

Hi ladies, been stalking for a week or so lol but thought I would stop in. I'm 7dpiui on our first IUI. I didn't bother testing out the trigger shot because I don't want to make myself more nuts than usual! Vk that sounds like a great follie! Hope the IUI went well! I had my progesterone level drawn today so hoping to hear tomorrow that I did ovulate for sure, and I'm trying to hold out until next Monday to test but I work that day so I may test Sunday or try to hold out longer...what do you all think?

bash- Did you test again?? Fx!

River- I really enjoyed my "natural" cycle before IVF so hopefully you will find this a good break before the madness. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to get a BFP before IVF! :winkwink: Did you hear back from the fs yet? I am so curious to see what they say for you! Please keep us updated!! (p.s. it took me forever to figure out what 'afaik' meant :haha:)

summer- Hopefully your fs is right and the injectibles + IUI will be the answer for you. That is an awfully long wait for IVF. Why so long? I am very glad I do not travel for work much at all as it would make all of this assisted conception stuff very challenging. I did go with my hubby on a work trip a few months ago and AF came early (3 days!!) and I had to find a way to get the letrozole while on vacation and buy tampons... gah it was such a stressy mess!

weishgem- Hi! Good luck with your first IUI! 2.5 years is so long to have to wait. I hope you get lucky on your first try!!!

Dini- Hi! Fx for good progesterone labs! I remember testing early at 10dpo for my first IUI but got disheartened with a BFN so I never tested early again. Do what feels right for you! GL!

Yeah I tested again to get a BFN...I'll test again tomorrow, etc each day cuz I'm switching docs which are super on top of things. They want to order my meds NOW imagine that and not wait til my blood test Friday. Amazing!!!

Hi Everyone!!
I was wondering if I could join you all? I've been ttc for about a year now, and this is my first month on Femara! Today is cycle day 11 and yesterday I went for my day 10 ultrasound and I had a 17.5mm follicle on my right side and a bunch of smaller ones in both ovaries. My lining was 8.5 too. I've been taking opk and ovulate pretty regularly and all my blood tests came back normal so who knows what the problem is lol! My tsh was at 3 so he put me on Synthroid, so I'm hoping that might "fix" things. Has anyone else had success after getting their thyroid levels lowered? Oh, I decided to do the iui this week too! Hopefully this works for me! I have to call when I get a positive opk and then I go the next morning yaay!! :) Good luck to everyone this month as well!!! :)
:dust::dust::dust:

Kaylen- Hopefully that line gets darker in a few days!! Fx for a BFP for you. I have heard the trigger is usually out by 10 days. That is good timing for a work trip. The last week will fly by! Keep us updated if you can.

vk- That sounds like one beautiful follicle! How did the IUI go today? Fx for you!

bash- Hopefully you just didn't wait long enough this afternoon for a bfp to show up. How many dpo are you? Don't count yourself out until :witch: shows up. At least you have a new doctor to look forward to if IUI #2 didn't work. But, keeping my fx that it won't be necessary still.

How's everyone else? River? Curni? Kismet? moni? summer? lamago? gingmg? anyone else?

AFM- Only one more day of bcp until I hopefully get the go ahead to proceed with my FET. Next appointment Tuesday. Hoping for "quiet ovaries" and low E2 and progesterone levels. Definitely starting to get antsy to get a move on!

Hope you are all doing well!

It went well. On to the ttw.
Thanks for checking in:hugs:

River- I really enjoyed my "natural" cycle before IVF so hopefully you will find this a good break before the madness. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to get a BFP before IVF! :winkwink: Did you hear back from the fs yet? I am so curious to see what they say for you! Please keep us updated!! (p.s. it took me forever to figure out what 'afaik' meant :haha:)

summer- Hopefully your fs is right and the injectibles + IUI will be the answer for you. That is an awfully long wait for IVF. Why so long? I am very glad I do not travel for work much at all as it would make all of this assisted conception stuff very challenging. I did go with my hubby on a work trip a few months ago and AF came early (3 days!!) and I had to find a way to get the letrozole while on vacation and buy tampons... gah it was such a stressy mess!

weishgem- Hi! Good luck with your first IUI! 2.5 years is so long to have to wait. I hope you get lucky on your first try!!!

Dini- Hi! Fx for good progesterone labs! I remember testing early at 10dpo for my first IUI but got disheartened with a BFN so I never tested early again. Do what feels right for you! GL!

Thanks for the welcome :flower:

Yes, such a long wait. We went back to almost NTNP for a while because it was just stressing me out. But so glad to be getting some assistance now!

I am slightly worried though as my fs said they would abandon the procedure if I had more than 3 follies. I'm having assisted IUI (Gonal F) and I know from past experience with Clomid that I produced 5 follicles (I was only monitored on 1 cycle of Clomid). So now I'm worried that we're going to get halfway through the cycle and they will abandon it. I'd be so disheartened!

I know they advise you not to BD if they abandon the cycle but would you/have you anyway?

Hi ladies, been stalking for a week or so lol but thought I would stop in. I'm 7dpiui on our first IUI. I didn't bother testing out the trigger shot because I don't want to make myself more nuts than usual! Vk that sounds like a great follie! Hope the IUI went well! I had my progesterone level drawn today so hoping to hear tomorrow that I did ovulate for sure, and I'm trying to hold out until next Monday to test but I work that day so I may test Sunday or try to hold out longer...what do you all think?

Hi Dini! We are on the same dpIUI day! Today is 8 dpIUI for me! Also first IUI! How exciting is this?
Tell me more about your cycle and IUI? What kind of meds did you take, how many follies, sperm count, etc. if you don't mind sharing. Are you having any symptoms to obsess over? When is your beta going to be?

I am having my blood test on Monday morning but I will surely test before that. I had 4 follies and sperm count was 22 mill 100% motility. We did IUI 24 hours after ovidrel and I felt myself ovulate about 36 house after ovidrel. I feel hopefull.
So far I have been having some pain in thr uterous and ovaries area. It started about 2 days ago and i felt it a few times. It lasts a few seconds. I also feel like I've gained weight and all my clothes are tight even thought they for fine before the IUI.
Please do share your experience.

Thanks for the welcome :flower:

Yes, such a long wait. We went back to almost NTNP for a while because it was just stressing me out. But so glad to be getting some assistance now!

I am slightly worried though as my fs said they would abandon the procedure if I had more than 3 follies. I'm having assisted IUI (Gonal F) and I know from past experience with Clomid that I produced 5 follicles (I was only monitored on 1 cycle of Clomid). So now I'm worried that we're going to get halfway through the cycle and they will abandon it. I'd be so disheartened!

I know they advise you not to BD if they abandon the cycle but would you/have you anyway?

Hi welshgem. I hope you can go through with your IUI. It looks like we did the same meds. I had 4 follies and my doctor still did it. She said chances are very small for multiples. Honestly if they didn't want to do it We would bd on out own. After trying for 1.5 years I really don't worry about multiples.
Good luck and keep us updated.

welshgem - we had 6 follies, and we cancelled the IUI. We bd anyways, and BFN. Soo depends on the person.

Hatethewait - the fs gave me a quick phone call back yesterday night and told me to start bcp with the next cycle, and to call them when it happens, though the office will still probably be closed for xmas, there is someone getting all the messages left, and they'll tell me what to do next. They also are emailing me within the next week with some stuff to sign, and a list of supplements to take from now on. How long did you take yours for? OH is now a bit apprehensive about the whole thing - spending 10k on 1 cycle, and not knowing if it will work, and them not knowing what is wrong with us...he has a hard time...

Quietly waiting out this 2ww. Since the IUI was cancelled - I'm not expecting much. We tried naturally but the odds are stacked against us. Waiting for AF so we can get started on the next cycle. If AF has not shown, I will test next Thursday - day of my office holiday party.

Good luck to everyone else this month!! Hoping to hear some good news soon!

Thanks girls,

Our fs told us that they are not legally allowed to proceed with more than 3 follies so I hope I don't get over stimulated and produce too many! I think we will BD anyway though if the procedure does get abandoned.

AF due 21st but starting Norethisterone next week to delay it. I just want to fast forward to January now!

To shutdown the hormones/ ovaries and have everything very quiet.
They then basically take over with meds instead of my body triggering the hormones. So they have complete control over the cycle, etc. Even when I ovulate, so it is all timed accordingly.

It sounds like we're all in this hurry up mode for AF so we can start our next cycle. I got good news today that the new FS finally got my previous cycle records today. And guess what, new doc is increasing follistim from 225 to 300 units without any suppression! Very excited!!! I will still POAS tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. I might even call the doc thursday the old one and ask if it is necessary for me to go in for a blood test when i know it's negative.

bash- sorry you got another BFN. Hope the hcg is just slow to build up. That is so great your doc is on top of things though! What meds will you be taking?

jays- hi! Isn't it crazy that they still can't find out what the problem is sometimes? I like the way my fs put it - we just aren't clever enough to figure it out yet. Hopefully femara is the magic drug for you. Good luck with your IUI, too!

vk- glad the IUI went well. Hope the tww flies by for you. Fx!

welshgem- I hope you don't over-respond! My last IUI I had 5 good looking follicles and my fs still did the IUI and it was a BFN. At the time she said she was slightly worried about triplets but thought the odds were "way, way, way less than 1%" Does your doc know how well you responded to clomid? My fs there is no advantage to using injectibles other than it will help you produce my eggs which will up your odds. If you are producing 5 follicles on clomid perhaps you can save your money and do IUI with clomid??

River- That's great that the ball is starting to move! I definitely see where your hubby is coming from. I felt the same way which is why I made sure to try everything else first so that I knew it was necessary. When my IUI with 5 follicles failed I felt it was time to get some help getting that :spermy: in the egg! Hopefully once you meet with the fs your hubby can get all of his questions answered and concerns addressed. I actually didn't take bcp before my fresh cycle of IVF. My doc didn't think it was necessary. I did read something that said people with a BMI < 21-22 may be over-suppressed by bcp (My BMI is right around 21) so maybe that is why? Part of me wonders if it would've helped my follicles develop more at the same rate though- on the day of the trigger I had a few follicles that 21-22 and a few that were 12-13 and a lot in between. That's why I think only 11 of the 24 collected fertilized. Who knows though :shrug: For my FET I only took the bcp for 1 week and my levels looked great today! Let us know more when you know more. I am so hopeful this is your answer!! (sorry for the novel)

Moni- I hope this natural cycle gets you your bfp. I hear they come sometimes when we least expect them!! Let us know if you test. Fx!

AFM- My appointment today was great. Everything looked good and I was given the green light to start the estrace and aspirin tomorrow!! My next appointment will be on the 20th to check on my lining and if all looks good the FET will take place on 12/26 or 12/27. I may get my BFP in 2013 yet! :haha:

Here is the million $ question this morning...do i continue the Crinone (icky gel suppository) or stop it since I got another BFN? Beta test is Friday and I know it will be negative. I feel like AF could burst if I would stop taking that crap.

Hatethewait...should the beta come back positive (highly unlikely and I know God is looking down on me shaking His head saying "oh yee of little faith" LOL. I just know my body and feel AF. to answer your ? I will be bumped up to Follistim 300 units and it appears this new doc is not in a hurry I feel like it's a much more relaxed atmosphere not in a lacking way but they are on top of their sh** ya know yet they tell me to email the nurse when AF arrives even if on the weekend (she checks it from home) and then come in CD2-4 is fine for first scan. Current dopey doc insists day 1 and start meds day 3 so i'm guessing if we start meds day 4 it's not the end of the world.

Praying the weather holds out over the next 2 weeks when I have to go for blood work and scans too.
How's everyone's Christmas shopping coming along?

Yay hatethewait!!

Bash - not sure - did you ask the doc about skipping the beta? Mine only had me do a home test at 14 days past IUI - once it was negative, he said towait for AF and them come back for new labs.

AFM - some Christmas shopping is done but not nearly enough!!

welshgem- I hope you don't over-respond! My last IUI I had 5 good looking follicles and my fs still did the IUI and it was a BFN. At the time she said she was slightly worried about triplets but thought the odds were "way, way, way less than 1%" Does your doc know how well you responded to clomid? My fs there is no advantage to using injectibles other than it will help you produce my eggs which will up your odds. If you are producing 5 follicles on clomid perhaps you can save your money and do IUI with clomid??

Thanks hun, I hope I don't either! Yeah the fs did ask how I responded but didn't really acknowledge my fears that I could over respond. I'm having my treatment through the NHS so no cost to me; we shall have to see how I respond next month.

As an aside though, these past 2 days I have had some minor pink creamy spotting and constant twinges in the region of my left ovary. I put myself at 5dpo at the moment so too late for ov pain and too early for IB (maybe? maybe not? :winkwink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->