IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Hi all, I was doing research on IUI timing and I found this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2838901/

According to them the success rates increased when hcg shot was given right after IUI instead of 24-36 hours before. This doesn't make sense to me considering the short life of washed sperm. What do you think?

I'm trying to avoid all research at all cost as this is bound to get me overanalyzing!

bash- What did you end up doing on the crinone? Maybe it would help to ask your new doc what they recommend? It's sound like you really trust and value them! I always started meds on day 3 - I did ask one time about starting day 5 because I was out of town and my fs said it was not as effective to wait until day 5? :shrug: I am hoping for 'good' weather too. So far nothing too terrible but the winter is still young! It's just been really quite cold and windy 'round here. We have about 4-5 inches of snow, too. Hope your weather cooperates. As for the christmas shopping... I have a lot of work left ahead of me! I am nowhere near done and haven't figured out what to get for most people. I am a terrible shopper!!! Thank goodness for Amazon!

Thanks hun, I hope I don't either! Yeah the fs did ask how I responded but didn't really acknowledge my fears that I could over respond. I'm having my treatment through the NHS so no cost to me; we shall have to see how I respond next month.

As an aside though, these past 2 days I have had some minor pink creamy spotting and constant twinges in the region of my left ovary. I put myself at 5dpo at the moment so too late for ov pain and too early for IB (maybe? maybe not? :winkwink:)

That is good that it is no cost to you. Hopefully things work out next month. Fx this is IB/cramping! Good luck.

Hi all, I was doing research on IUI timing and I found this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2838901/

According to them the success rates increased when hcg shot was given right after IUI instead of 24-36 hours before. This doesn't make sense to me considering the short life of washed sperm. What do you think?

Interesting article. Its from 2010 and I wonder if it was really that beneficial why the study hasn't been repeated and why no fs/re's follow that protocol by now(or at least none that I've come across). One thing is that medical practice is typically not based on these retrospective studies because there are so many variables that are not controlled for in these types of studies. I don't really know enough about reproductive medicine (although sometimes I feel like I know too much iykwim) but it would be interesting to hear what your doc says. My fs was always open to any literature I came across.

I doubt I will get to talk to my doctor about this. I've seen him twice so far and the second time he said two words and left. I like one of the other doctors in this practice but I don't know if I can change. Plus apparently he has good success rates. We will see.

Hi Ladies!! So I did my trigger shot on Tuesday night and then had back to back IUI's Wednesday morning and then again this morning! (Tmi) My husband had 37 mil motile sperm yesterday and then 22 mil today, so I'm hoping and praying that did the trick! This was my first month on Femara, low dose Synthroid and doing IUI's, so it's been eventful lol! I've been cramping and spotting all day ouch! the nurse had a hard time finding my cervix so she had to use multiple speculums! Anyways, hoping all this worked!!! :dance:

FX'd! Multiple speculums does not sound pleasant! I cramped all day after my IUI, and spotted most of the day and my doc had no problem, so I'm sure you are feeling it!

woa snow! not sure i could handle that! I have done absolutely no shopping so i'm going to be stressing later on!

Good Luck Jaysbaby!

FX'd! Multiple speculums does not sound pleasant! I cramped all day after my IUI, and spotted most of the day and my doc had no problem, so I'm sure you are feeling it!

Thanks! Yes it wasnt exactly pleasant haha! Did the IUI work for you?

Aww :-( I took a test just now and is totally BFN. I am so upset right now. I was convinced I was pregnant. This sucks. I will keep on testing though. I hope it's too early. 11 DPO today.

Got my "official" beta negative yesterday but i knew it didn't work this cycle. Moving forward to next cycle and new doc, can't wait!

Thanks! Yes it wasnt exactly pleasant haha! Did the IUI work for you?

I don't think so, I'm 12 or 13 dpo and still bfn except for one faint probably evap on a wondfo 2 days ago. I was told to wait until Monday to test so when I get the bfn Monday I'll be certain. But it was just round 1 with only 50mg of clomid, next time it's 100mg, so hoping for more than one follie!

You're not out yet kaylen! Are you having any symptoms? x

No symptoms, not even AF.
But I had brown mixed in CM yesterday evening and temperature took a dive this morning. I think I am out and it's just a matter if waiting it out now.
And now AF is here... I think we will do round 2 immediately if doctor is ok with that. I will ask to either bit sue clomid or change to something else cause i had now ewcm whatsoever on it.

Kaylen sorry...and I didn't have any ewcm on the clomid that crap ruined that cycle for me IMO...I had to take estrogen since it thinned my uterine lining, was a mess. Last cycle I didn't take it and had lots of ewcm...not that it mattered cuz I got AF today (I knew it didn't work DH had a not so good sample). So it's on to IUI #3, I start w/new doc tomorrow, thank God! Off to wrap and then shovel the driveway we got slammed w/snow and ice all day yesterday. Good times, good times!

Kaylen sorry...and I didn't have any ewcm on the clomid that crap ruined that cycle for me IMO...I had to take estrogen since it thinned my uterine lining, was a mess. Last cycle I didn't take it and had lots of ewcm...not that it mattered cuz I got AF today (I knew it didn't work DH had a not so good sample). So it's on to IUI #3, I start w/new doc tomorrow, thank God! Off to wrap and then shovel the driveway we got slammed w/snow and ice all day yesterday. Good times, good times!

bash, this has got to be the one! We were planning on doing a natural cycle, but i think we can squeeze one more this year so insurance will cover it. Next year the deductible starts again :( I hope the doctor lets me go for it.
Is this your cd 1? I am still spotting but I thin tomorrow will be full flow. it is so strange that i have no cramps or anything whatsoever. it is as if i am on cd 10 or something like that.
This makes me think too much. Did the meds make my hormones more balanced so no boob pain? Does this mean my natural cycles are bad? What if our sperm and egg an incompatible somehow and the sperm isn't able to fertilize it?
I bought some fertility blend for DH and Fertile CM for myself. I am taking things hard core!

I'm out also, no AF yet but two more BFN's this morning and RE wanted me to test tomorrow, which is 15 dpo, but since today is 14dpo and BFN, I'm out. Been cramping like AF is going to show for 3 days, so she better hurry so we can get on with IUI #2. Let me know how you like FertileCM. I didn't seem to have an issue with my cm this cycle on the 50 of clomid, but who knows how the 100mg will effect it.

so I've been reading some more forums. There is one girl that posted her story, unexplained infertility, failed IUIs, failed IVF. She has had ectopic and chemical pregnancies. When her IVF failed the doc wouldn't;t explain why because they said her eggs were super quality. she has found out that her blood clots too fast, which supposedly will be fixed with aspirin. But there is no proof that this could be the reason. There is another girl who also has unexplained and the same problem with blood.
So i also have that.. last time i was at the dentist he told me I was healing faster than he could finish the work. Also, multiple time when i have had my blood drawn, it will just stop flowing and they have to go to another vain.
I think I will ask the doc about taking aspirin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->