IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Second IUI is scheduled tentatively for Dec. 30. I go for my follie check Dec. 27th and then we will see. They opted to do 100mg Clomid this time although they did find a small 10mm follicle/cyst with my cd4 Ultrasound, but he said it was small enough and he wasn't concerned. That's the side I had the follicle on last cycle so I'm guessing it's left over from that.

They also want me to do the trigger shot when they say it's a go, and then again 5 days later. It's supposed to trick my body into producing more progesterone on it's own instead of trying to supplement it since mine was a little low on cd 21. Anyone heard of this or done it? I'll tell you, the costs are piling up. It's costing us about $1000 a cycle and I don't think we can swing a 3rd one right away if his doesn't work :growlmad:

Lamago, I'm so sorry about AF, fingers crossed for 2014!

Bash, I hope it goes wonderfully for you!

Dini, are your meds covered by insurance? I hear they can get very expensive if you have to pay out of pocket.
Honestly $1000 a cycle doesn't sound that bad. I think I will be paying about the same next time. I just hope it's not more than that.
How many IUIs are you planning on doing before going more aggressive?

Dini, are your meds covered by insurance? I hear they can get very expensive if you have to pay out of pocket.
Honestly $1000 a cycle doesn't sound that bad. I think I will be paying about the same next time. I just hope it's not more than that.
How many IUIs are you planning on doing before going more aggressive?

Nope, nothing is covered except the diagnosis, so my HSG was covered, but none of my meds are. The meds aren't the worst of it really, clomid is pretty cheap, but the ovidrel can get pricey. DH and I had saved for quite sometime and had money in the bank to cover several cycles before tapping into our monthly income but our car broke down and had to buy a new one in August which hit us hard.

We can swing the $1000 a month but barely, since that's completely extra and we have no savings now, but after the first of the year his health insurance goes up an additional $500/mo so we won't be able to come up with the money unless I borrow it :growlmad: I'm so mad about his insurance, he is looking for a new job because of it.

I think we will do 4 or 5 IUI, but we won't do anything more aggressive as IVF can be over $10,000 and with no guarantee. We will look into adoption I suppose...

I know very few people whose insurance covers fertility treatments where I live, and it doesn't help that I work for a catholic organization lol.

How does one even get started with adoption

Good question...I have a few friends at work that have gone through it and both have offered to help us when the time comes. First thing is finding an agency we like and then going through classes and home studies etc, and then the wait for a child..the wait for an infant is a long one around here so I'm really hoping we fall pregnant, plus DH isn't too keen on that idea just yet..I know he will come around if the doc says IVF is our only option for conception, because it's expensive with no guarantee, where as it's about the same price for adoption with a guarantee.

I have also been thinking of adoption and have no idea where to start. But I think we will do IVF before adoption. We will likely have to take a loan for it :-(. I still hope it won't come to that.

Ladies thinking of adoption, you can check out Catholic Charities as a starting point.

bash- Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Hope you have some good lookin follie!

lamago- :hugs: Sorry your IUI didn't work. Will they change anything for IUI #3?

Dini- Sounds like you have a good plan for this IUI. I've never done 2 trigger shots, but I've seen others on here do it. Hopefully you don't have to worry about doing any more... fx this one gets you your BFP!!

As for adoption- My hubby and I looked into it about 6 months ago before we really got into this stuff and I found it very overwhelming!! We found an agency online in our area and met with them to find out more about the process. I just don't think I was in the right place to focus on all of that since I hadn't exhausted my other options first. I'm still hopeful I won't have to think about it again, but only time will tell. Who knew it would be this hard to become a mom!?

Hi guys, thought I'd chime in on the IVF & adoption topic since that is where we are too. We just took out a loan for the IVF. We can only borrow enough for one cycle, so if it doesn't work the first time out, we'll move on to adoption.

I know adoption is also expensive but it allows more time to come up with the money, and at least here in the US you get a tax credit which pays you back for some of it.

With IVF it's now or never due to my age. No time to save up and come back in a year for another.

I give you all credit for thinking about adopting. We've discussed it and feel it's not for us.

AFM-I have over 20cm on the LEFT woohoo it's the side w/the tube. Sent me home to trigger (done) and IUI tomorrow!!!
Merry Christmas!

It was my 3rd IUI. I'm trying naturally this cycle as I'm waiting on my switch to insurance in January.

Has anyone started a new thread for 2014 or are we going to keep on using this one?

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Good luck to everyone!!

AFM - still awaiting AF. Had another BFN this morning just in case and went to the RE for blood work and a scan to see why it hadnt started yet. No other cysts were visible. He said everything looks normal, but we'll know more with the blood work, which won't be ready until Friday with the holidays. If AF comes before that I go in Thurs or Friday for the labs.

It was my 3rd IUI. I'm trying naturally this cycle as I'm waiting on my switch to insurance in January.

Oops sorry I must've read that wrong. Hopefully you won't need IUI#4! Good luck enjoying the natural way :winkwink:

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Good luck to everyone!!

AFM - still awaiting AF. Had another BFN this morning just in case and went to the RE for blood work and a scan to see why it hadnt started yet. No other cysts were visible. He said everything looks normal, but we'll know more with the blood work, which won't be ready until Friday with the holidays. If AF comes before that I go in Thurs or Friday for the labs.

Hope AF comes soon if she's going to!!

Good luck on the 26 Hatethewait! Looking forward to hearing about your bfp in a couple weeks :)

Hi guys, thought I'd chime in on the IVF & adoption topic since that is where we are too. We just took out a loan for the IVF. We can only borrow enough for one cycle, so if it doesn't work the first time out, we'll move on to adoption.

I know adoption is also expensive but it allows more time to come up with the money, and at least here in the US you get a tax credit which pays you back for some of it.

With IVF it's now or never due to my age. No time to save up and come back in a year for another.

I completely understand trying the one cycle, one works for so many people! We will probably talk more about it if it comes up but we won't be able to finance anything for several more years thanks to a bad marriage on my side years ago and the economy caused him to lose a job and his house before he met me. So I think we will just keep doing what we can afford for now and maybe my father will feel bad for me and help me get a loan if it comes to IVF or adoption.

This cycle feels weird, last cycle with just 50mg of clomid I could literally feel the follicles growing on my left side by now (cd9). I'm on 100mg now and barely feel anything..but I am pretty sure my left ovary is the one that is larger and tends to have more cysts so fingers crossed for my follie check on Friday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! I won't be back online until Friday.

I keep trying to imagine what getting a bfp might feel like but I used to be able to pretend but know its been so long ttc I can't even imagine.

I know what you mean. I've only got BFP once and I was so happy, but I had a weird feeling that something was not right. Unfortunately it was true.

I'm so sorry kaylen. Hopefully we can get off the struggling to conceive train soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->