I've been a monster

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
I'm 10 weeks and I've been a monster to everyone today, including my 5yr old me 1 year old. I threw a big party for my 5 yr old (it's her bday on Monday and she'll turn 6) and called her school friends at a venue with a disco. It took a lot of planning as DH doesn't help with planning and such. It was over yesterday and in the evening I was exhausted. I fell asleep in the sofa overnight and in the morning Dd1 came down and watched telly beside me. DH gave both children breakfast and all the while I didn't get up off the sofa till 12pm! I grabbed a shower but my mood just wouldn't shift. Dd1 wanted me to play with her new playdoh and all the while I said i didn't want to play today as I'm too tired. I sorted them out and stuff but apart from that I just didn't want to play today and wanted to be left alone. DH took them out an I got the Evening to myself. They still not back but after a couple of movies mad food md crying for no reason I now feel so guilty for pushing them away, specially not playing with the playdoh. I was so mean. Can anyone relate? Pls tell me it's normal??!

of course it's normal!!!!! :winkwink:

Don't beat yourself up. Considering the ridiculous explosion of changing hormones we all have, it's somewhat surprising we aren't all screaming bloody murder and going into constant episodes of hysteria!!

Lol.

I think it's okay to push them away sometimes as long as they that you appreciate it and it's not personal. and I am TOTALLY willing to bet that they do, even without you saying anything. And yup, that includes the little one. Kids know what it's like not to feel good.

It sounds like you have a lovely family, so obviously this was not the normal "you". (I'd say any mother who feels bad for not playing with playdoh is a pretty great mom!!!)

of course it's normal!!!!! :winkwink:

Don't beat yourself up. Considering the ridiculous explosion of changing hormones we all have, it's somewhat surprising we aren't all screaming bloody murder and going into constant episodes of hysteria!!

Lol.

I think it's okay to push them away sometimes as long as they that you appreciate it and it's not personal. and I am TOTALLY willing to bet that they do, even without you saying anything. And yup, that includes the little one. Kids know what it's like not to feel good.

It sounds like you have a lovely family, so obviously this was not the normal "you". (I'd say any mother who feels bad for not playing with playdoh is a pretty great mom!!!)

Thank you, I needed to know I wasn't turning into a vampire or something. Dd1 had even actually asked me whether I was happy today or not and tried to explain why I was tired but considering everyone else is feeling normal nd im the only one being off it was also very difficult to explain. I need to apologise before bedtime but I hate myself right now!

Seriously, I think the fact that you realized you were "off" is kudos to you.

I think a lot of times people are all "I'M NOT BEING HORMONAL DAMNIT!!!!" (lol, including me sometimes)

That's me. Pretty much every day these days... Not proud of it but I've been feeling shit.

Yeah, I'm not winning any "Mother of the Year" awards over here. With a 3, 2, and 1 year old, I'm just happy if they get fed, clothed, and don't mortally wound each other.

I'll be a better mother next trimester...hopefully. :dohh:

Yep this is me too, we are staying with my in laws this weekend and I have completely let them take over with Micah! I told him I was too tired to play, to bath him, to come to the park yesterday and took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon! Today its nearly 7 and I'm still in bed, MIL heard me take him to the loo an hour ago and asked if it was 'up time', I replied "I hope not!"/and shamelessly left her to entertain him while I went back to bed!! I feel bad... But also I don't :haha:

I totally get what you mean Im being so mean to my poor husband :( i cant help it, i just feel so ill i cant face doing much of anything really and he has to run around after me doing what I say or I get annoyed with him :dohh: I feel like such a bad wife!!! hopefully next trimester will be a lot better

Yeah, I'm not winning any "Mother of the Year" awards over here. With a 3, 2, and 1 year old, I'm just happy if they get fed, clothed, and don't mortally wound each other.

I'll be a better mother next trimester...hopefully. :dohh:

Lol!! Mother of the year Awards that was funny!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back