I've Confused Myself.....Washing

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Not that it takes much but I have confused myself now and with not feeling on top form, I thought I'd best check with you!

I want to wash our nappies today, do I treat the Itti SIOs different from the AIO?

And if so, what do I do?

My head is up my backside I tell you.......:wacko:

xxx

with all my nappies I soak them for 12/24 (if there bamboo 24 hours) in a bowl of water and then wash them with 1/4 non bio powder

As i'm lazy I shove the inner and outer in the bowl of water :blush: and then just wash :D

I think with SIOs just soak the inserts. If you're just doing it in the machine then just put them on about 3 rinse cycles to boost absorbency (this is what one of the manufacturers I have recommends) and then wash with 1/4 amount of Fairy or something xx

I only have gel tabs for us or eco tabs for her stuff so I guess I need to get some liquid - any in particular I should get or avoid?

I plan on using soapnuts when she is here but haven't got any yet...

xxx

DONT soak your AIOs hun, it degrades the PUL. Soak the bamboo flap out if you really want, and then the snap in set of the SIOs.

In terms of washing you want as little detergent as possibly really, it clogs up the fibres and will make them less absorbent if you use too much.

I use the fairy non-bio gel so do a couple blobs. I usually do a rinse, wash (60degrees), rinse. :thumbup: But also sometimes 2 washes side by side (one without detergent)

Just have a look at the fibres inthe insert to see if they have woken up, they look a bit raised and bamboo goes a little bit more rigid

See, this is why I ask you ladies!!

The ones BabyHaines sent have been used so I guess they will be ready go to with just a wash?

Our limited Ittis are AIO and our 3 other new ones are SIO so Ill not bother with a long soak for them, just a few rinses and washes I think....

God it's a minefield :haha:

xxx

I use fairy non bio gel, just because fairy is recommended for babies anyway. I just use a few splodges. Also, the gels are 2 for £6 in Asda, or they were last week. They're usually £4ish each so pretty good deal :)

I use fairy non bio gel, just because fairy is recommended for babies anyway. I just use a few splodges. Also, the gels are 2 for £6 in Asda, or they were last week. They're usually £4ish each so pretty good deal :)

I got them in asda the other day too :haha:

I like the smell, I never get sick of it. Most detergents give me a headache after using them a while...

Oh and Pops is they are pre-loved, I do a 60 to blast (for hygiene reasons) from other baby's bum bum and you're ready to go :thumbup:

Cool, so once this lot of washing is done and I have my liquid, I'll bung all the preloved (SIO & AIO) Ittis in a 60 wash and thats them taken care of?!

xxx

yeah put your preloved AIOs and SIOs in same wash on 60 degrees with a splodge of liquid and then if the bamboo isnt that kind of 'rigidness' then do a rinse (or alternatively if there are still bubbles at the end rinses of the normal wash before the spin) :thumbup:

piece of cake eh? :rofl:

Bold 2in1 is the only detergent safe for nappies apparently. x

DONT soak your AIOs hun, it degrades the PUL. Soak the bamboo flap out if you really want, and then the snap in set of the SIOs.

In terms of washing you want as little detergent as possibly really, it clogs up the fibres and will make them less absorbent if you use too much.

I use the fairy non-bio gel so do a couple blobs. I usually do a rinse, wash (60degrees), rinse. :thumbup: But also sometimes 2 washes side by side (one without detergent)

Just have a look at the fibres inthe insert to see if they have woken up, they look a bit raised and bamboo goes a little bit more rigid

Does that mean you also shouldn't let a minky pocket soak between washes? Don't worry Pops, I'm super confused too!!!

Does that mean you also shouldn't let a minky pocket soak between washes? Don't worry Pops, I'm super confused too!!!

If its a pocket then it has PUL integrated into it so yeah- I wouldnt soak the minky part of a pocket- just the insert :flower:

PUL= Polyurethane laminate

its the plasticy layer laminated on the other side of the minky to make it waterproof- if you turn your pocket inside out you should see it :thumbup:

Its instead of a waterproof wrap- its waterproofing integrated into the nappy..

i've found powder to be better than liquid for nappies - apparently it's better for the machine too ! no idea why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->