I've done it! Finally set a solid date!!

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
After more talks with my dh, I have agreed to ttc#2 in May 2016!!!!

I'd been putting it off, still worried I won't feel ready but really trying to stay solid on this date and get my head around it all.

I've even added a ticker!!!! Arghhh no going back now.

Let the preparations and excitement begin!!!!

:) :) :)

Congratulations on setting your date!! It will be here in no time at all!

Congratulations on setting your date!! It will be here in no time at all!

I know!! Not sure if that's a good thing...still getting my head around it!!

You'll be TTC just before me!! Good luck with the waiting!

Congrats! I'm waiting for may 2016 too!

Hiya!! Yay for May 2016!!!

What are your reasons for waiting? Is it your first? How are you feeling about it all?

We have been waiting for a few years because we wanted to buy a house and be financially stable enough so that I will be able to quit my job. We bought a house last December and we are on track for me quitting by April. It will be our first and I've been dying to become a mother for years! The baby fever has been killing me! Finally last year my DH starting showing signs of baby fever (YAYS!!) so it's great we are now on the same page and he is set for May 2016. The wait is still killing me but it's nice to know that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

What are your reasons for waiting? Is it your first? How are you feeling about it all?

We have been waiting for a few years because we wanted to buy a house and be financially stable enough so that I will be able to quit my job. We bought a house last December and we are on track for me quitting by April. It will be our first and I've been dying to become a mother for years! The baby fever has been killing me! Finally last year my DH starting showing signs of baby fever (YAYS!!) so it's great we are now on the same page and he is set for May 2016. The wait is still killing me but it's nice to know that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

It sounds like you're really on track, that's great. It's awesome when the dh finally gets on the same page and gets baby fever.although this time around dh had to bring it up with me and he's been the one ready first for another, it's taken me a bit longer to feel ready again. I was looking through my planner today while ds was asleep and it's really not long until May!! Eek!! I don't think this wait is going to feel that long. So exciting it's your first, it's sad to say, but it's not the same with your second :( there's something so special about it all being so new. Sorry, hope that didn't sound patronising... It's nostalgia on my part for when I was waiting for my first.

Any plans in the meantime?

Have you thought about names?

Yes, we are starting right before you and I can't wait!

I agree that it's different for #2 but for me, its so much better! The wait about killed me before but this time I am WAY more patient. And I don't have the same fears as before (how long it would take etc). My DH is also fully on board, which last time he wasn't so that is nice.

Did you have an easy pregnancy with your first? I am really hoping to have the same as with my DS because it went so smoothly!

It sounds like you're really on track, that's great. It's awesome when the dh finally gets on the same page and gets baby fever.although this time around dh had to bring it up with me and he's been the one ready first for another, it's taken me a bit longer to feel ready again. I was looking through my planner today while ds was asleep and it's really not long until May!! Eek!! I don't think this wait is going to feel that long. So exciting it's your first, it's sad to say, but it's not the same with your second :( there's something so special about it all being so new. Sorry, hope that didn't sound patronising... It's nostalgia on my part for when I was waiting for my first.

In the meantime we have been working on remodeling the second floor of our house (one room that will be for a baby) and I've been working on cutting out junk food and eating out less. As for names, I've skimmed thru a few name books and probably have a list of at least 20! I'm hoping the next 6 months flies by just because I'm so excited to finally be able to start trying and finally won't have to continue hiding my baby fever from everyone. It gets difficult when I don't want to clue in my family what our plans our, otherwise they will put the pressure on.

Sorry it posted twice, stupid phone!

Yes I know what you mean, we haven't told anyone but you always get asked when you're going to have another!

Arghhh!!!! I don't know what my phone is doing I keep replying and it just posts the same thing! Sorry!

Technology is a pain sometimes. It's convenient and a nuisance at the same time.

Since we got married the "when are you having a baby" question pops up very often. But of course we just end up saying "eventually" and "when we are done with the house". During a family wedding a couple weeks ago, my DH actually stepped in and answered the question each time so that I didn't have to. It was a relief!

Urgh people feel compelled to ask, and really it's none of their business.. It could also be really painful for some people if they've been struggling ttc.

Yeah it can be a very hurtful question and people don't seem to even realize it is! My cousin had a miscarriage 2 weeks before her wedding and during her wedding a bunch of people were just saying "oh you got pregnant so easily so you can just try again". Little did they know is that they tried to get pregnant for over a year. She was upset most her wedding day. Luckily she was able to get pregnant again right away, but it's still not peoples place to pry on the subject.

that is so exciting that you have set a date fx mummy! Congrats!

I hope to be starting around the same time as you but haven't been able to get the hubs to set a firm date just yet ;)

that is so exciting that you have set a date fx mummy! Congrats!

I hope to be starting around the same time as you but haven't been able to get the hubs to set a firm date just yet ;)

Thank you!! I really hope you can get your hubby on board for then! What's his reasons?

Yeah it can be a very hurtful question and people don't seem to even realize it is! My cousin had a miscarriage 2 weeks before her wedding and during her wedding a bunch of people were just saying "oh you got pregnant so easily so you can just try again". Little did they know is that they tried to get pregnant for over a year. She was upset most her wedding day. Luckily she was able to get pregnant again right away, but it's still not peoples place to pry on the subject.

That's awful for your cousin, especially on her wedding day. Glad she conceived again, hope it all goes OK.

I remember being 6/7 weeks pregnant on my wedding day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->