I've done it! Finally set a solid date!!

Well I've had some crappy news this morning, I thought I'd have one check up in Jan before op which would hopefully be in Feb. They're now saying that I need THREE check ups before op :cry: :cry: just asked if I can have first appt in December so really hoping they agree to that as this could mean waiting until April or even May which seems so long away when originally we were hoping to start Dec/Jan.

Sorry house hunting is a bit of a headache Mummyduck, hope you have some good news soon. Love your new profile piccy btw!

xxx

Oh no :( so sorry you've had crappy news!!! That sounds like a lot of appointments, hope they agree to Dec, sounds like a good idea. I think I had 1 initial appointment just after my diagnosis and then a pre op appointment about a week before my surgery. Mine was keyhole and quite standard surgery though.

Well if you do need to wait it out until spring I'll be right there waiting with you! *hugs* :)

Hello!

How's your week going? Slightly better news here, they think I'll only need one pre op appt after all :happydance: hoping to have that 11th Jan and my op within 4 weeks of that. Only poss problem is my Mum now needs an op and she was going to look after me when I have mine! Not sure when my Mum's will be but OH and I have decided he will take leave if needs be to try and not delay things, I'm now so broody it's driving me mad! xx

That's good news! We all stayed with my in laws, who are fantastic, and my mil looked after me and lo, he was 9 months or 10 maybe and only just crawling but v heavy!! I do remember him being upset with me because I couldn't pick him up.

Hopefully it wont be long until you can ttc! I know it's going to feel it though!

My week is going OK, started to pack some boxes!

Looking forward to seeing my best friend at the weekend, she's about to start iui.

Well done on the boxes! I hate packing up a house, kitchen is defo the worst in that it takes the longest. Guess it is good motivation for a good clear out which is defo something we should have done better before we moved - we've still got one box unopened and we've been in our house a year so whatever is in there can't be that important :haha:

That's good that you're close to your inlaws. Mine are only up the road but they're quite a bit older than my parents and aren't in fantastic health so they wouldn't be able to do that much. They do other things though like when we had some decorating done and couldn't use the kitchen they fed us for a few nights.

Hope your friend is ok and iui is successful! Have a lovely time!

Ahhhh I so can't wait for Christmas and then bring on 2016!!!!

xxx

I know what you mean, there are boxes in our roof we haven't looked in for 5 years or more!!!

How are things going with you?

I'm so excited for my bf starting iui, I want it to work for her so desperately, but she's convinced it won't :( I don't know much about it, but she's asked me to help with the injections... Eek!!! I will if I'm around but she lives an hour away.

Have been stalking some threads in the assisted conception boards and there have been a lot of bfps from iui recently.

Dh and I were talking baby names last night, and we instantly agreed on some names we like! Feels very strange. Have you thought about any?

Hope all OK with you there :)

Hello!

Ooohh how exciting! What names have you agreed on? We haven't really got very far with that but I think it's because we had Orla's name way before we TTC and this time it will be harder. I don't think we'd use the name we had if we'd had a boy last time (Luca) as hubby was never really sold on it (we were always convinced we were having a girl!) and this time round he likes Amber which I'm not that keen on and I like Alexis which he isn't!

Really hope all goes well for your friend, when does she start? Maybe she's just trying to protect herself by saying she doesn't think it will work? Must be so hard to be in that situation. My bestie had her ivf (or it may have been iui) baby about 6 weeks ago and I remember being in your shoes well when she was going through the process.

Things are... mixed. My sister told me she was preggers on Sunday. I'm over the moon for her and excited about being an auntie. But I must admit there's a teeny part of me thats jealous - gosh doesn't that make me sound like a horrible person?! I'm so relieved that it's happened so quickly for them and that also there'll be enough of an age gap between their baby and hopefully #2 for us that they won't be compared. My sister has a heart of gold and she's always been a rock to me, especially since I've become a mum (last night she was helping me wrap Orla's birthday and all the xmas presents I've bought so far) so I know I will miss the support from her when she has her own family and also I hope I can help her as much as she's helped me and finally return the favour.

And in all that, I've finally realised that I'm on CD18 with no sign of O :cry: have been mega stressed at work these last few weeks so hoping it's that and it will still happen this month.

Anyway, enough of my moaning! How are plans going for DS's birthday? Can't believe where these past 2 years have gone!!

xxx

Awww, it's definitely OK to feel a bit jealous, I was with my sisters first baby because I was wtt and her due date was my wedding day so I did feel a bit bad about it all. It soon passed and as soon as I was an aunty and he arrived I forgot about it all! Probably best having a bit more of a gap like you say. I know I'm going to be really jealous of my younger sil when she gets pregnant :( but that's a long story!!! You sound like a lovely sister wanting to be supportive, I think the jealous feelings will fade :)

Still time for you to O! I usually O between cd18-21, but yes the stress won't help, but I'm sure you'll still manage it :)

I'm waiting to hear from my friend, her appointment was at 9.40 so hoping she can go ahead with the injections. It must be so hard, you're right there is a lot of self preservation going on, she was so upset when the clomid didn't work and didn't think it would get into ivf territory.

Where have two years gone?!!! Can't believe our babies are growing up so fast :( no big birthday plans going on, I've ordered a cake, my parents are coming up to visit do we'll go to my dh parents for a little get together with cake and presents. Hope it will be OK!

Oh yes, names... We love Aiden for a boy and either Erin or Bethan for a girl!

Alexis is nice....undecided about Amber. Dh likes Willow too....not sure!

Have you made birthday plans?

Aww thank you, your message has made me feel better. As the days go by I'm feeling more excited about it all. Will be strange seeing her with a bump as I always think of her as so much younger than she is! Is your SiL the one who was funny about you getting pregnant before her wedding?

I'm sure my youngest SiL (who is still actually older than me, DH is one of 4!) must also be trying atm, so I wouldn't be surprised if they announced whilst we're still WTT.

Really hope all goes well with your friend. I had no idea all the drugs and things you have to do, fingers crossed she can start soon all the waiitng must be horrible.

It's all gone far too quickly, I've been back at work a year tomorrow! WE're having a quiet day the three of us on the day, maybe a little trip out somewhere and then both sets of families round at ours for a little party tea on the Saturday. I was dreading it last year - not ready to accept she was turning one and thinking "this time last year" but am excited this year!

I love your names! We're really keen to have another vowel name this time too!

Roll on weekend and hopefully O for me!! xxx

Yes it's that sil. Having some problems with her fiance at the moment too. My feelings are all a bit complicated on that subject!!!

I think it's just a bit strange to begin with seeing your sister with a bump, I found that was the case!

My friends injections have started now so I'm really hoping with everything crossed that it works and she doesn't need full blown ivf.

Your los birthday celebrations sound lovely! Yes I was the same about DS turning one but hoping I'll be excited this year!!!

Hoping you O soon! I'm still trying to stop the dh from just going for it, had to buy some condoms lol!!! :) he's so broody.

Nearly the weekend, yay!

It is so cool being able to write on this page with something almost tangible! I thought I would never get here! My partner and I have set the date for LATE FALL next year, meaning one year from now... so I am counting down already.. :) All of our friends have kids and literally I sometimes feel like I am the ONLY one who doesn't have kids yet. Terrible feeling sometimes especially when it is something I dream about regularly. I have been asking for years it seems ... and he's never been `there` yet.... but lately in the last I would say 6 months, he's actually starting to come around in a huge way, something that is quite beautiful to see.... like talking about how `cute` a baby is on the street, or holding and cuddling or playing with our friends kids... it started slowly.. and it still is a slow process... but it seems like he warms up more and more as the months go on, which eventually led to our setting the date conversation. At first he tried to back track when I brought up next fall... but after having the talk about what MY dreams are.. which of course are having a family... sooner rather than later.. he started to take a different approach. My stipulation was I wanted to BE PREGNANT if I could before I was thirty. This has always been my `rule` for myself almost... so I wasn`t going to be easily swayed on it.. lol

My partner is one of those me who never seemed like he would EVER be ready.. like he would wait till he was 45 before making a decision!! Of course I`m not in to that... so I am glad that we have tentatively agreed on something.

Sometimes I bring up that I want to start trying earlier, ( I try to quit while I am ahead though because I know he gets all squirmy) which turns in to irritation... lol He talks about `keeping my word` about trying next fall, which I am totally cool with... so I am really, really hoping he does the same when it actually comes to next fall, because let me tell you, it will be a frosty Friday every day if he brings up that he is still not ` quite there` ....lol.... No.. I've been waiting an eternity, seriously... get on it ;)

Seems like we are always waiting on the men... ;)

Welcome along Smile and congrats on setting a date! It's good that your OH is coming around. Do you think he'd agree to NTNP before that maybe? Maybe the closest to a compromise you can do with TTC!

FXmummyduck, it sounds like that side of the family are a bit of a nightmare! Have you got a hen do that you'll be expected to go on too?! That's great that hubby is so broody, are you not maybe a little bit tempted to try sooner?

That's great news about your friend! Fingers and toes crossed for her! I'm confused though, sorry what's the difference between ivf and iui?

Well I've had a few O cramps so still feeling a bit hopeful but yes I'm looking forward to finishing work today and having a nice weekend!

Happy Friday! xxx

Hi and welcome smile!!! It feels like such a milestone when you finally set a date! Men can be strange creatures indeed around this sort of thing. My dh took FOREVER to propose, but wanted to TTC just before the wedding!! No idea how his mind works sometimes. I really hope your oh stays on board and can get excited about it too.

ScarlettP, well it's just my sil and oh a bit of a nightmare. They like to make a really BIG deal over everything, we've already had 2 engagement parties, a pre wedding meal booked for Jan, hen for 4 days which ,I've said I'd only go for 2 ( hello I have a toddler to look after!!!) And her fiance is having 5 separate stag dos. But hey. It's their life, me and dh are just quieter, don't want a big fuss, aren't extravagant, and more private about this sort of thing.

Not looking forward to Christmas with them... I find his behaviour towards my lo really awful, but I hate conflict and find it hard to stand up to him. I'm going to have to next time it happens though :(

Sorry that was a big moan! Whenever I get onto the subject I just end up venting!!!!

Don't think I'm tempted to try earlier, but we'll see how long that lasts!!!

I think iui you have injectable drugs, scans to check follicles etc and you have normal bding. Ivf the egg is fertilised outside of the body?!! I'm not sure it's all quite complicated.

Hope your cramps are a good sign o is on the way!

I don't blame you at all that all sounds a bit OTT to me - 2 engagement parties and 5 stags, madness! Yeah I guess it is their life, but then if it affects you (like she saying when you can and can't get pregnant) then that's different. Sorry to hear he's not good with your LO, is he not very child friendly? I'm like you and not very good with speaking up...and then I rant at my poor hubby about stuff instead! Although I think if you don't speak up often and then you finally let rip when you've had enough it makes more of an impact! Hopefully it won't come to that over Christmas though.

Ah yes with you now, my friend had ivf. Really hope iui works for your friend and she can start the new year with some exciting news :flower: xx

Yeh I think it's a case of them not really thinking through how they affect other people... Except for the blatant don't get pregnant thing... Grrrr!!

He does all sorts of things in a joking way, but it's not very nice. Like poking lo until he falls down, he doesn't understand, and then gets upset. Teases him, takes toys off him and is a bit of a bully. He calls lo a girl, soft, a wimp etc and criticises my parenting. Thinks I wrap him in cotton wool... Which I don't. Even if I did it has nothing to do with him. It all makes me so mad!!!

If I don't say something before then, I will explode I think. Especially after some wine at Christmas.

What would you do?

Oh no that's really horrible, why would anyone take toys and tease a baby he sounds like a mean bully. If that's how he is planning to parent sounds like he'll be raising bullies. Can't believe he's questioning your parent skills too, not surprised you feel the way you do. What does your hubby say and do about it? It defo makes it harder when it's in laws you're dealing with. I wonder if it's worth saying something before Xmas so hopefully you can sort it before? Xxx

My dh has never seen it happen... It seems like my sils partner doesn't do it when he's around. My husband believes me and doesn't like the sound if it. I think he needs to see it for himself, then I don't know what he'd do! Probably lose his temper!!!

I'm not sure we'll see him before Christmas, so don't know how I'd say anything.

My bf is really upset, she went for a scan yesterday and so far there are no follicles maturing :( Dr said she's not out yet, to go back Friday. When I got off the phone, I found myself bursting into tears on dh, I haven't got really emotional about it until now. I just feel so useless, and so desperate for it to happen for her. I can tell she's giving up hope so I'm trying to be the positive one. I really thought it would work... Well it still can!!!

Very strange this month I got ewcm really early for me, so started testing with opks and sure enough it's very nearly positive! Don't know why it's happened earlier except I have been drinking soya milk, I wonder if it's that?

I'm on cd15 and normally 0 cd19-21, so that's a lot earlier!!!

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :hugs: I know what you mean, I felt like that about my friend too. Keeping everything crossed for Friday.

Hmmm because it doesn't happen around your hubby I do wonder if he must know what he's doing is horrible... like he's selective when he does it? That's a shame that you're not going to be able to sort it before Xmas. Is it worth talking it through with your hubby about how you'll deal with it if it happens again? And then you'll know you're prepared and hopefully can try and put it to one side so it's not worrying you between now and then? Especially if he actually behaves himself over Xmas and then you'll have been worrying for no reason?

Wow how exciting about the early O, I don't know about soya milk - have you looked it up?

Not great here, lost my cross hairs again this morning so no O this month. Not surprised because although I know my body was trying I didn't think it had happened. Also realised last month although I O'd that I had a LP of 9 days which isn't great :cry: I've been thinking today of giving the Chinese herbs a go that I took the month I got my bfp, it's just if I can take them without having the acupuncture to go with it because that's when it can get really expensive. And I really think I need to slow down and rest, but life has been so manic for so long for us (we moved into a fixer upper 9 days before I went into labour and then got married with Orla was 5 months!) that I can't remember how :S. I'm so constantly tired and it does make me think if I feel like that now, how would I deal with two?

Sorry for the rant! Hope you're having a good week? xxx

Hello, sorry I haven't been in here for ages!! Been so busy!!

How are you? How are things going with your cycle? Did you O in the end?

You must be excited for Orla's Birthday!!! I was so emotional on the day, I kept watching him excited and running around and kept bursting into tears!!! Lol!!! I'm so soft. It was lovely to see my mum and dad, and the cake was great! He got so many presents though, I think with the move and everything Christmas may have to be a bit sparse...we just can't pack it all.

I don't know the research on soy milk but I was right in thinking I od really early this month as AF arrived cd27..I'm not sure if it was cd14 or cd15 as that means my LP was shorter than usual too?

Been to stay and see my friend twice as the infertility treatment is just torture for her :( bad news then good news and this morning bad news again, it's just so unfair. And I feel so helpless.I really thought it would work this time.

Tcc#2 is feeling so far away at the moment :( just as well, it would be so hard to share that news at the moment.

Oh no I'm really sorry to hear things aren't going well for your friend. Are there other things that they can try?

So pleased your LO had a lovely birthday! Yes v excited about it this year, it's Orla's on Thursday and have the day off work so we can spend it all together. We haven't gone mad for Christmas either really as I'm sure she'll be spoiled rotten for her birthday - I don't think it matters at this age, they don't really understand do they?!

Goodness knows what happened to my cycle last month:S my temp dipped two days in a row so FF said no O, and then my thermometer broke! So I missed three days of taking my temp. Started again with a different thermometer and my temp had gone back up again and FF said I did O after all! But then I guess I've got to take that with a pinch of salt because it was a different thermometer...BUT if I did O, it does mean my LP was longer at 13 days this time...unless I O'd in the three missing days maybe?!

Anyway I've been to get some Chinese herbs to see if they'll help this month. I took some that I'm sure helped get my BFP last time so thought I'd try again. But the EU have banned herbs in a tablet form these days, so I've got to boil the stuff up myself and drink it, starting tonight! I'm sure it's going to taste disgusting, but atm I'm feeling more positive this cycle...and very broody too!

How's the house hunting coming along?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"