I've done it! Finally set a solid date!!

that is so exciting that you have set a date fx mummy! Congrats!

I hope to be starting around the same time as you but haven't been able to get the hubs to set a firm date just yet ;)

Thank you!! I really hope you can get your hubby on board for then! What's his reasons?

I hope so too!! Well his reasons are typical, rational reasons - such as saving up more money and blah, blah blah ;)

(too rational if you ask me! :rolleyes:)

I hope to be starting around the same time as you but haven't been able to get the hubs to set a firm date just yet ;)

Thank you!! I really hope you can get your hubby on board for then! What's his reasons?

I hope so too!! Well his reasons are typical, rational reasons - such as saving up more money and blah, blah blah ;)

I think sometimes they just need to take the step, set a date... You can always end up thinking, we need to save a bit more etc, there is never a time where everything is perfect.

My dh has really surprised me this time around, he's well ahead in feeling ready for another, which is really sweet bless him. But he's also been very understanding waiting for me to be ready and had said he understands it's more if a big deal for me being pregnant and giving birth again.

I'm getting there though, just ordered some ovulation tests!! Yay!

I think sometimes they just need to take the step, set a date... You can always end up thinking, we need to save a bit more etc, there is never a time where everything is perfect.

My dh has really surprised me this time around, he's well ahead in feeling ready for another, which is really sweet bless him. But he's also been very understanding waiting for me to be ready and had said he understands it's more if a big deal for me being pregnant and giving birth again.

That is so sweet that he is ready!! And looks like you are about ready too :) hehe. I think my hubby is just sort of scared that it will be really hard, lol. Plus, even though we both have great, stable jobs, they are moderate amounts, so he always feels like we don't have enough. But we certainly do, lol.

If you don't mind me asking, with your first...who was ready first? Did it take any "convincing"

That is so sweet that he is ready!! And looks like you are about ready too :) hehe. I think my hubby is just sort of scared that it will be really hard, lol. Plus, even though we both have great, stable jobs, they are moderate amounts, so he always feels like we don't have enough. But we certainly do, lol.

If you don't mind me asking, with your first...who was ready first? Did it take any "convincing"

I was definitely ready before him with my first but knew I'd have to wait until near our wedding to try...it took him ages to propose lol!! Then as it got closer to the wedding he just said I'm ready lets go for it. So we did thinking it would take a while but it happened really fast so I ended up about 6 weeks pregnant on our wedding day. Don't remember it taking a lot of convincing, I knew he'd never go for it until we were married, or close to be so the pressure was more on when he'd propose!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay Mummyduck! Defo official if you've got your ticker!!

How are you feeling about things now?

:flower: xx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay Mummyduck! Defo official if you've got your ticker!!

How are you feeling about things now?

:flower: xx

Thanks!!! Yup got the ticker so it's all official!!! I'm feeling pretty good actually, you were so right about setting a date!! Really throwing myself into it, I've let go of the fact my lo is not a baby anymore, time has moved on and I need to aswell. I'm really excited thinking about ttc#2, and it helps my dh is being so ready and cute about it all. Can't wait to start peeing on those opks!!!! :)

How are things with you?

Good to hear all is going well :flower: lol are you a POAS addict then? I never got on well with opks, wish I had though as seems a lot less hassle than temping every day! How's the house hunting going? All ok here, just seem to be getting more broody with every day that passes, although still waiting for O.

You're so right about the letting go and seeing LO as a toddler and not a baby, I'm so rubbish at that. But did my last BF a week ago today so think that's really made stuff shift in my head.

Roll on next year for us both! :happydance: xxx

Only a poas addict when it comes to opks, I never wanted to take pregnancy tests early just too nerve wracking, I waited til af was late. Could never be bothered with temping lol, my sleep is too all over the place too so thought it would be no help. Maybe if we'd been trying longer I'd have started but we weren't trying very long.

House hunting is stressful, it's a bit impossible trying to do it all over the internet without actually being there... Oh well, no other choice really. We can't keep flying back and forth it's too expensive, and we'd probably have to leave lo too :(

What CD are you on? When do you normally O?

Wow, you've done so well bfing! We had a terrible time and I never really had a proper supply :( it's so hard watching them as toddlers that very soon are going to be little people. Can't wait to see ds as a big brother though!

Oooh yes thinking about Orla as a big sis makes me happy to, although she loves babies she HATES me holding them! Three of my friends have had a baby in the last month so really hoping that I can get her used to seeing it by visiting them!

Have you got any trips planned out there before the big move to have a look at areas maybe? Must be so hard trying to decide on internet info and photos alone, although understand why you don't want to leave LO if you go.

As for O, I really don't know! I wasn't O'ing when TTC last time, then I changed my diet and had acupuncture and O'd that month on CD 16 I think and got my BFP. I only came off bc in August, no O or proper AF in Sept so waiting to see what happens this month... currently on CD 20...!

Do you have a good idea of your cycle already then?

xxx

We stayed in the area for 3 months back in 2012 (yes plans have taken that long!) and dh has been back and forth for work, the last time was a few weeks ago...so we have a good idea of an area we want but it's not being able to look at houses that is difficult.

I really hope you O soon!!! :)

Sometimes I think I have a good idea of my cycle and then it will go wacky!! It's always between 28 and 35 days with the occasional anovulatory cycle once in a while. It seems to be 32-33 days at the moment Oing around cd19 or 20. The cycle I conceived turned out to be 35 days so I only just bd in time as I Od on day 21 and we'd thought it was earlier and just thought once more for luck!

Hoping to learn how to pin it down with these opks, last time I kept missing the surge because all the info was like you O on cd14 which is rubbish for most people. Lol! You live and learn :)

Wow that was lucky when you got your bfp, it was just meant to be! Yeah, I tried opk's the month that I got my bfp and never got a positive, and I just found it got me down, but that was after almost a year of bfn so I guess I was done with POAS!

I know what you mean about the 14 day thing, my sister has just started ttc and keeps telling me she's got an app on her phone and she knows when she'll O cos the app says 14 days :dohh: I keep trying to explain that's not always the case, especially as she's always had longer cycles when not on bc, but I think I'm coming across as the know it all big sis, when I was just trying to save her some heart ache. Trying really hard not to talk to her about it now, so hoping she'll get her bfp really soon, and if she doesn't am hoping she'll come and talk to me when she's ready (all my family know the problems we had ttc)

Wow this move has been a long time coming! Hope you find a house you really love, could you find something really short term so that you have somewhere to move to and then look again when you're there? although I know that would mean a lot of moving!

Well, temps went up this morning so now I got to hope they stay up and FF gives me some cross hairs!

Happy Friday! xx

Aww I hope your sister has an easy time getting her bfp...and you too! I'm sure she doesn't mind you offering advice :)

Found a lovely house today, but I think it might be too expensive :(

I have no idea about charting and temps, what does your temp up and cross hairs mean?

I poas this morning, neg opk, it was a line but not dark enough yet. Supposed to O on Monday or Tuesday but I've been struck by a stomach bug yesterday, but starting to feel a bit better. Wondering if it'll effect O? Not that it really matters as were not actually TTC yet!!!

Really starting to find it hard to tell dh to wait...he soooo wants to try now, I'm trying to be the sensible one getting used to the idea!

Hope you're having a good weekend :)

Just got a + opk!!! Yayyy!! No idea why I'm excited about this but there you go!! Hole dh doesn't get carried away tonight when he gets home!!

Yay for your pos OPK :happydance: how did it go with hubby? :winkwink:

Hope you're feeling better now? There are so many horrible bugs going round at the moment!

And what about the house, did you go for it?!

All good here thank you, had a quiet weekend catching up on some stuff and then finally had plumber and decorator finish some bits in our house at the start of this week.... one of the things was some painting we tried to finish right before I went into labour, remember hubby saying "I hate things being unfinished, when will we do it" and me saying "oh it will be fine, we can do it when the baby sleeps!" :haha: getting all these bits done is really helping keep the baby fever away right now.

Temping, well I'm not a pro but basically your temp goes up after you ovulate, it's to do with the hormones, must be progesterone?! So I've had an increase which suggests I've ovulated (so red lines, cross hairs, are on my chart).... but now it must stay raised until AF for lines to stay. Prob I've had this month is that I had a sinus infection at the start of the cycle, so my temps pre O were already a lot higher than they normally are, so will just have to see what happens between now and AF...

How's your week going? xxx

Well our little guy is still asleep this morning, he's finding it hard to sleep well at the moment I think. I'm really struggling getting him back into a routine after Australia, he's all over the place napping and going to bed. I don't want to wake him....maybe I should?!!

That's good you're getting some decorating bits and pieces done, it definitely takes a back seat when there's a baby around! Hmmm they never sleep long enough to get something done and if they do you're too tired!!! :)

Well we decided the house was too expensive and that it would be too much pressure :( it's all been a bit stressful this week, our internet is down so dh can't work from home, so he's taking the car to his Mum's to use their WiFi, my car has a flat tyre which hasn't been fixed yet :( so I feel a bit stranded. And we're being a bit short with each other and almost had a row this morning, just a lot of stress over this move!!!

So, wasn't much of a worry I was Oing, dh was careful as he didn't want me stressing about that too!

At least I've shaken this nasty bug!!

What else do you have planned for the week?

Oh no, sorry to hear you've had a bit of a nightmare week :hugs: hope car and wifi sorted now? Moving is defo stressful and sure it doesn't help your LO is out of his routine right now. Can you try and gradually move him back into his nap times? Guessing it's a huge time difference over there?!

Well, I work Wed - Fri (just having a little break now!!) and then we're off to stay with some friends on Fri night and my parents arrive to stay with us Sat afternoon. So a busy weekend that should be nice. We're just so tired right now :S we only get one day off a week as a family and it's just not enough! That's why I'm really pushing forward with trying to get to a good finishing point with the house so that we can have a break from it when I'm hopefully preggers!

Have you got a nice weekend planned?

xx

We willl be waiting togather. I hate pregnancy maths. I thought april is when I could try so ide be no more than 3 months at wedding 30th july, but nope. I forgot your 2 weeks pregnant as soon as you concieve so will have to try in may instead. Can't have too big a bump in my dress!

Sorry I've been so quiet... internet is finally fixed now!!! Yay!! Hope you all had good weekends. I feel very spoilt, my dh treated me for belated birthday celebrations (was meant to be august but dh had an emergency operation a few days before my 30th!) Went to London for the day, followed by a beautiful meal and then cocktails with my best friend :) I feel so grateful :)

He he Kiki, yeh I was about 6 weeks pregnant on my wedding day!! I swear in some photos you can see a tiny baby bloat!

Yay for internet being fixed and birthday celebrations! Sounds like you had a lovely time. How's the house hunting going?

I feel your pain Kiki :hugs: we were hoping to start ttc Dec/Jan time but now I've got to have an op in the new year (still don't know date but hoping early Feb) so now have to wait longer too :cry:

My good news is that AF finally arrived, so hopefully my cycles are getting back on track!

xx

Hiya! Oh no sorry you've had to put back TTC to have an op, hope you're OK. Just think of it as giving you a bit longer to regulate your cycles.

House hunting is hard, we just can't move on anything this far away and so ahead of time. It's frustrating!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->