I've got my anti-witch spray!

Hey ladies, how is everyone? Well I'm guessing all is ok with my bean as my belly is growing rapidly, a lot of people have actually asked me if I'm pregnant now! :blush: I mean it's obviously not baby actually making me fat so what is it? I mean I literally look about 3 or 4 months gone! Don't get me wrong I love a baby bump and when I get one I love showing it off but this is getting a bit embarrassing! People say oh ur pregnant how far gone, I say about 8 weeks and then they say Blimey! Is that all u are? Have u got two in there? Or ur massive imagine when ur really far ur going to explode!
I don't know where to look lol might start lying and say I'm 4 months gone lol .

Well ladies it's my scan tomorrow I'm a little nervous but mostly confident that I can post a pic of my bean tomorrow! :thumbup: fingers crossed x x x

Yay!! Congrats on making an olive baby!! (I'll still be a stupid eggplant at the end of this week... Grrrr!)

I was supposed to have my 28 week appointment this afternoon, but I've been called back for jury duty in the afternoon for the 3rd day in a row!! They called my number and the lawyers interviewed me and did not dismiss me based on my answers. I'm potential juror #7 at this point, and they are only interviewing a few more people. I may not get picked, but at this point it seems very likely that I won't. Usually they need 13-14 people (12 plus alternates) and they have 12 of us that have gotten through the initial screening. Now they are interviewing 6 more and concluding selection today. Luckily, the court only operates between 1:30 and 4:30 pm so if I do get picked, it'll only be about 2 weeks and in the afternoon. Anyway, had to reschedule my doctor's appt to friday because of all this!

Right now my symptoms are horrible heartburn (like I actually burped up stomach acid the other night) and horrible hip pain in the morning. I don't know if a pregnancy pillow will help though. I'd hate to spend $100 on one only to find out it's "just one of those things." Any comments from the previously pregnant who had a pregnancy pillow in 3rd tri?

Yay, Olive!!

My appointment isn't until 2.30. Blargh! Luckily we're about to go out to eat as an office so I'll probably just leave from the restaurant since I'll only have like 30 minutes until I was supposed to leave anyway and my supervisor won't be with us. Shhhh!

I probably shouldn't load up on chips and queso before my first OB appointment but I'm totally going to. :blush:

I think diapers/formula is a good idea, Cris! I'm so lucky (um.... maybe not) that we qualify for WIC. I expected to exclusively breastfeed Maisie and never factored the possibility of having to spend $150/month on formula (she ate SO MUCH! It was like $150/month even though I was pumping as much as possible!). I've actually decided to start stocking up on my milk supply supplements each month. A 20 day supply of Goat's Rue is freaking $25. :wacko:

Nats -- Woohoo! A belly! I still can't feel the top of my uterus (Rational me knows it's way too early) and that bums me out a bit. I've been quite bloated since 5 weeks, though, giving me a bit of a bump. I really just look fat, though. :haha:

linz -- I ended up putting 2 memory foam mattress toppers on our bed in an attempt to lessen the hip pain. I think it did help the hips, but I think it caused some additional back pain. :dohh: Not sure what I'm going to do this time. I just used a regular body pillow. I'm going to have to break that out tonight, I think. My abdomen has been pretty sore to lie on the last couple of days, and my boobs are hurting a bit, too (I'm a total tummy sleeper).

They do say you start showing earlier with your second (or more) but I definitely couldn't feel the top of my uterus until about 15 weeks, I think. I know they said at 12 it's even with your pubic bone, but at that point I definitely couldn't feel a thing.

Nowadays, mine is 3 or 4 inches above my belly button. The weird part is though, that sometimes I can feel that my uterus has shifted to one side of my stomach, like it's leaning over to the right, when other times it is straight up and down. It's easier to tell when it's having a braxton hicks contraction because it gets super hard and easy to feel, but it's weird when it's all leaned over to one side like that.

linz -- maybe that's baby? Maisie always favored my left side and hubby used to think it was HILARIOUS that I was so lopsided. :haha: She'd be all smushed over to that side and there'd be NOTHING on the right, just flat.

Linz I used a genie pillow and it was great, will be getting oh up in the attic soon to get it down if this belly keeps growing! Honestly I should post a pic lol x x

Nats- HOOORAY!!! What lovely news! On BBC they have a lot of girls showing early but they all agree its mostly bloat....try drinking tonz of water to see if you can release some of the fluid you are retaining. I cant wait to see your u/s!!!

Linz- I used a body pillow too. It worked just fine. Im already having issues sleeping too since I sleep on my belly and thats gotten uncomfotable. I now lay on my sides because laying flat on my back make me feel too much pressure. I hope the jury duty thing works out. I have always wanted to be picked I love hearing the cases.

Julie- My appt is at 2! So Im leaving work right around 1:30. I always knew we'd be using formula since I cant bf but we wanted to continue giving DS the same formula he started out with at the hospital so there wouldnt be a change. So we didnt think to ask in advance to stock up. Now we know they use enfimil..so we will stick with that. I also got a great deal ordering directly from the website.

oooo yea Nats I want to see your bump!!!!

I can not wait until I can see the baby move! absolutely love that part! DS would do flips and it was the coolest thing!

Yes, nats, you should!! I want to see the baby belly!!

Well took some pics but can't upload them from phone or I pod! Rah I'll try the I pad x

I just got news that there was a shooting at my local high school. It would be the high school that DS would be going to if he were starting today. Its so sad and pathetic and worrisome...what is going on with kids these days?

It was a 17yr old boy who opened fire in the cafeteria. Not too much details yet as it just happened 2 hours ago but I was in tears watching it on the internet. Its literally 2 minutes from my home...I always knew that we wouldnt be sending DS there becasue I want him in a private catholic school but my heart still breaks that we have to worry about this shit. Its the first freaking day of school!!! Thankfully reports are saying that only one person was actually shot. The child was taken to shock trauma but it doesnt seem like he/she is in critical care.

Im so sad over this

Oh and we live in a nice area! We moved when DS was about 1 yr old from a way worse area to this one because it was "safer"....goes to show that our kids arent safe anywhere :(

Nevermind more facts are coming out..the VICTIM was a 17 yerar old male and he IS in critical condition...as I imagine one would be if shot in the back with a double barrell shotgun!

The shooter's name hasnt been released but it was a 15yr old sophomore. He is in custody

Apparently this is all over bullying...

and how the hell does a kid get a freaking shot gun into a school and NO ONE sees it?

Seriously? its not like its a small gun!

It's uneal isn't it, probably watched it on a computer game or something but not only how did he get it in school, where did he get a shot gun from anyway???
So sad :( hugs to u wishn x x

Oh gosh, Cris, that's awful!! Yeah, there's no way in hell Maisie is going to public school here if we're still here in a few years. I counted 10 shots fired at the park about 200 feet from our house yesterday morning (SUNDAY MORNING at 10:00a.m.! If the park isn't safe then, when is it ever safe?!). I'm so jaded I didn't even call the police. That's how effed up this place is.

Hate to read and run but we are battling a hurricane. We are bunkering down and boarding up!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Things are great on my end! MS has gone completely away as of now!! It's been about 2 weeks now!' yay!!

Well I still think of you ladies everyday and hope everyone is doing great!!

Keep us in your prayers as this storm is supposed to hit in about a day or so!

Thinking of you, Haley!

Good appointment baby-wise. Baby is measuring spot on 7 weeks 4 days so my EDD is indeed April 11. :happydance: HB 149 (totally a boy).

In not great news, I apparently have a HUGE cyst on my left ovary. The u/s tech went on and on about how big it is. Even panned back and forth to give me a visual comparison of the cyst and my uterus (the cyst was like 4 times the size of my pregnant uterus!!!:nope:). She commented that I must have an amazing pain threshold and that most women with cysts half that size make emergency u/s appointments they're in so much pain. I do feel discomfort but assumed it was my uterus & normal stretchy pains. Anyway, they're obviously not hugely concerned about it and she seemed hopeful it will resolve itself. She said it's normal to get a hormonal cyst on the ovary you ovulated from (but I thought I felt ovulation on the right, not the left) but that they're normally nowhere near the size of mine. I have to have another ultrasound at 12 weeks to check it. Darn. I have to see my baby again. :haha: Focusing on the silver lining. I'm pretty freaked about it, honestly, but trying to stay calm.

I guess maybe that's the extreme pain I felt from 6-8 dpo. :shrug: I'm so terrified now it's going to rupture or something and send me to the ER in agonizing pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->