I've got my anti-witch spray!

Has anyone read about the Ramzi theory? It says it's 97% accurate if done between 6-8 weeks

Essentially it says if the baby implants on the right it's a boy and on the left a girl

I don't trust these things but just fun to speculate... Also for those of u who have had early scans and now know the sex u can tell us of it worked!

At my 8 week scan baby and yolk sac were on the right. So no, it wasn't true for me!

I would think the implantation spot would have more to do with which ovary the egg came from. ??? Some of these gender predictors are so weird. :haha: Looks like boy for me from what I can tell, though. So add that to the long list of things pointing to boy.

Never heard of Ramzi theory and we were never told which side egg had implanted when went for early scan :(. Have tried all the old wives tales since and it has come up 50/50. :dohh: We are leaning towards a boy and bump gets referred to as 'he'. I had dream the other night that it was a little boy. Not sure if it is all wishful thinking as boy would be lovely (obviously any healthy baby will be perfect but...) A boy would make us even :) . If we manage to find somewhere to get another scan before we might find out - just me and OH and you girls :) . just so I can avoid feeling disappointed / let down if girl - I dont know if I will but bit worried now.

Thought I would try to post some pics. Bump pic from 2 weeks ago, and as i'm showing off baby, wanted to show off other 3 too :)

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 8
YaY - giving myself quick pat on back. A+ for managing to put photos up:haha: Shame I'm on my side but... x

Beautiful Leia, both you and the wee ones xxx

Nats - how are you feeling today? Xxx

Leia- you and your family are beautiful! You look great! Looove the bump!

I kinda suck at looking at u/s pics but mine looks like its on the right and Im pretty sure thats because I ovulated from my right ovary...chinese predictor says girl. lol any more fun gender predicting crap i can do? im not peeing on anything...like baking soda or cabbage

Actually g I'm feeling terrible :cry: I can't stop crying, my oldest kids seem to be taking the mick a bit as well, u know seeing how much they can get away with as they know I'm a bit vulnerable, so now I feel like a terrible mother! :cry:
And the pains started this morning so I guess any hope of baby being ok is slowly fading away. I will be all right soon it's just the fact that technically I'm still pregnant but I know the life I was carrying is now death! I'm so sorry to be so blunt but that's how it feels! Like I'm carrying death! It's so horrible I just wish I could change it, I wish I had a healthy bean, I wish I worked properly, I wish I wasn't going thru this again!
I'm just so upset, sorry x x x

Leia - Beautiful bump pic and all those adorable smiling faces! I love it!

Wishin - I think the ONLY one that even worked for me was the Chinese gender predictor. Everything else said boy! Now if I could only find something that will tell me when I'll go into labor!

So I went to a late pregnancy class the other night with DH at the hospital I'll be giving birth in. It was a really great class that went over when to call them, what to bring, and what kind of laboring options you have. I feel pretty lucky that this hospital (Kaiser for those of you in the US) actually WANTS you to write a birth plan so they can try to stick to it if possible. They provide birthing balls, squat bars, anything you might want during labor. They even said don't bring anything for baby except an outfit to go home in and a car seat. Everything else they provide. They let you labor and give birth in any position and don't cut episiotomies (sp?). And after L&D in a private room, you are then transferred to another private room for postpartum recovery.

On top of all this they have all the meds if you want them, but all deliveries are done by midwives unless something goes wrong.

From what I hear, a hospital like this is pretty rare in the states. I guess it's because I'm in CA, where things are a little more updated. It made me feel pretty good!

Also, DH has agreed to start on an electronic cigarette rather than the regular ones so he doesn't stink and get all the chemicals that settle on your clothes after smoking on the baby. I told him if he can't quit, I don't want him going back to the regular cigarettes. It's not as good as quitting entirely, but no tar, ash, and added chemicals (only nicotine) seems a LOT healthier than what he has been sucking down.

Nats- I cant even imagine...I feel pretty helpless in saying or doing the right things to make you feel better. I know nothing will though...YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER...you are just grieving right now and thats ok.

Linz- I started smoking again shortly after my son was born and i used to change shirts after smoking figuring he'd get less of the smell and cheicals etc...I know I was just fooling myself though. My son had severe respiratory issues from 6 months until he had surgery at 2.5yrs old. I dont think my smoking is entirely to blame but I have no doubt it played a part in it. I never smoked in the house or around him but I did smoke in the car when he wasnt in it and anyone who has been in a smokers car knows that even when there is no one smoking in it the smell is horrible and the chemicals just linger in the air. I am so lucky that ds didnt develop asthma...I am pretty sure he was close to it, but I was addicted to ciggs and made every possible excuse in the book that it wasnt my smoking causing his issues...

I really look forward to having a healthier baby this time. I will NOT go back to smoking this time around

As for the hospital that sounds really nice! I also get a birthing/labor room and then a postpartum room. DH stayed with me last time but this time he will stay home with DS. They provided diapers, wipes, and even formula! Yup all I really needed was a car seat and take home clothes...I totally over packed.

I am so crazy when it comes to planning stuff I swear I had my hospital bag packed shortly after I found out we were having a boy...im a little crazy when it comes to being "ready"

Cris -- You can do it!! It was honestly hard for at least the first year after I quit, but I don't even miss smoking anymore. Like ever, even if I'm drinking, which is always what would get me started back again the several times I tried to quit before I was pregnant with Maisie. It takes a looonnnnnnggggg time to break any addiction, I think.

My father smoked in the house when I was little and I didn't develop serious issues until I was 4 or 5. :nope: I used to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to breathe AT ALL. It was so, so, so, so scary. I had a nebulizer and even though my mom is an RN, I ended up in the ER more than once. :nope: I was also diagnosed with chronic sinusitis at age 6. Seriously? A 6 year old with chronic sinusitis? Dumbass father. Dumbass mother. Effing RN allows her husband to smoke in the house. It's not like I was born in 1920. It was the mid 80s. They knew WAY better than that. :growlmad: Then I developed asthma when I was 15. And, of course, I started smoking like an idiot. Asthma is all but gone now that I haven't smoked at all in nearly 2 years. Imagine that. :dohh:

Linz -- That does sound like an awesome hospital! Of course in SC we're not that progressive. In fact, my insurance won't even cover a CNMW or delivery in a birthing center rather than a hospital. :dohh: I don't mind being in a hospital because I'm well aware things can go wrong, but I did consider a CNMW instead of an OB this time only to find out it wasn't even an option.

After delivery my sister bought cheesecake from the chessecake factory and gave it to the nurses...and to me because I kept saying I wanted freaking cheesecake the entire time I was pushing..lol

sorry that was random but just wanted me some cheesecake all of a sudden

Oh great, now I want it, too! My friend used to work at the Cheesecake Factory so whenever we'd have a dinner party he'd bring a selection of cheesecake slices and we'd share them all. Then one day we looked up the calories on the red velvet cake that we all loved so much and it was 1600 calories a slice!! At that point we decided to figure out something else for desert... lol

LMAO! Considering that I am getting very little calories per day i dont think id mind that...but yea im going to go check the calories on my favorite one right now...the plain with the strawberries and whipped cream on top

My fav one is the godiva cheesecake, which I think clocks in at about 1300 calories. However, it's so rich that I can never finish my own slice. DH on the other hand can finish his own and then the rest of mine so nothing goes to waste, lol. Then again, DH puts down about 3000 calories a day and never gains a lb. Some people, huh? Must be nice to have the metabolism of the Flash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->