• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my anti-witch spray!

Hi ladies - thanks for the prayers Hayley, I too will keep you all in mine! May January be our month!

Thanks wishing yes it is practically gone already, no blood now. Just a bit gutted as I would have got one more BD in on the tuesday but havn't bd since monday. Really glad you have help with the celebrations, I guess it might keep you busy in a good way as long as you are not stressing!

Good luck to you all as usual, this month I:

BD around day5 to freshen up the sperm lol.

day11 BD evening
day 12 FMU digi opk negative - NO BD
day 13 FMU digi opk negative - BD evening (really felt ovulation coming!)
day 14 FMU digi opk positive - BD evening - EVENING digi opk positive
day 15 FMU digi opk negative - BD morning - BD evening - EVENING digi opk negative

day 16 wake with stinging urine and blood - so no more BD!

During BD used Preseed and propped up bum under pillow. Stayed lying down as long as possible but should have weed!!! ;)

Never mind, I'm hoping we did it somewhere along the lines!

Good luck ladies xx

Gemmy, you sound like you got it covered! lol ;)

When I second guess myself about timing, I always go back to the study done by fertility friend that says 94% of pregnancies occurred from bd that happened on the day of ovulation and the two days preceding it. Also, if you bd on more than one of those days, it increases your chance of conception.

So if you ovulated on day 15, you had a perfect schedule! You go girl! We should all be so lucky! I hope DH has it in him this month, cause that's what I'm aiming for as well!

Also, watery cm seems to have dried up today. Can only hope that means my body is finally giving into my demands to ovulate on CD 14 and no earlier. I usually have 2 full days of EWCM before ovulation and it's a no show so far, even with the mucinex.

Linz - sorry to have misinformed you but after i replied i got confused over whether it was the colposcopy i had that month or the follow up Loop treatment. I really dont remember (7 years ago). I'm sure you have asked the questions anyway or will ask but just saying dont take my word for it not affecting anything in the same month. I have just tried researching it online and looks like it has no affect. :)

Nats - how was your ultrasound yesterday? Hope it went ok :flower:

Linz - sorry to have misinformed you but after i replied i got confused over whether it was the colposcopy i had that month or the follow up Loop treatment. I really dont remember (7 years ago). I'm sure you have asked the questions anyway or will ask but just saying dont take my word for it not affecting anything in the same month. I have just tried researching it online and looks like it has no affect. :)

Either way, I'm sure it will be fine this month since I'm going in for it after ovulation. So hopefully any magic that is going to work this month will be on the other side of the procedure by then. Thank you for looking into it for me! :)

This morning's update: -opk. I'm beginning to wonder when that darn thing will turn positive! I'm definitely not ovulating early this month (I ovulate between cd 12-16) since today is CD 11 and no +. But the lines on the opks are still very light, and from what I've seen of other people's progressions is that the line slowly gets darker each day before they get the blaring + opk. Starting to wonder if this month will be a CD 16 kind of month (which has only happened once since going off BCP).

Good morning...I forget waht cd I am in...7 I think? With everything going on I havent been too focused on ttc. Which I suppose is a blessing right? Going to start using my OPK this weekend (Sunday most likely) and until then wont have much news

Whats everyone else up to?

I feel like such a biotch when I hear about other people getting their BFPs...I feel like I am a bad person. I cant help it that my heart sinks a little when I hear about someone else getting their BFP...I am genuinely happy for them...just wish it was me though :(

Oh Wishn, I SO know what you mean! It's weird because if any of the ladies on this forum were to announce their BFP, I'd genuinely be happy, because I know what they've been through. On the other hand, when I hear about someone in my family or work or whatever announce it and then say something like "gosh we weren't even trying!" it makes me want to cry.

Right now, my cousin's wife is pregnant and my sister in law is pregnant. Every week I go to Weight Watchers and my meeting leader is pregnant. All I want to do is stare at her bump for a half an hour (I'm not trying to be creepy, she just has a really cute bump). Then I made the mistake of going into the LTTTC (long term ttc) forums and after reading a few threads I started to imagine myself being one of those women posting about how they've been trying for 3 years with no medical problems but no success. I had to stop myself because I want to stay positive!

I think the worst part is seeing people get BFPs that weren't even trying and don't even want to be a mom right now. Life is never fair, but does it have to flaunt stuff like that in your face?

Hang in there. Some days are better than others, and the day you get a BFP will be the best. The other side of the coin is when I went into first tri forum and two separate ladies posted about mc'ing at 8 weeks. I'd almost rather wait for a BFP that will stick than have to go through a mc. Believe that this is why we haven't gotten a BFP yet, that's what I'm hoping for.

I know what you mean! A friend of mine just posted on facebook that she was pregnant and all I could do was think of how jealous I am. I mean I am happy for her but I just feel like why not us?

So I have some pretty messy news.

After taking a round of clomid I have started my period. AGAIN. The doctor seems to think that my light bleeding wasn't really my period. He had me stop all the medications that I am on and to have this period and then start over with the clomid and estrogen next cycle. He said it was ok to still ttc this month but that continuing the estrogen at this point would be useless so just to save them.

As much as I want a child I just want to be normal again. I haven't had a normal period since starting all of these medications. Before the doctor called me back I talked to my BFF and was like I'm about to just stop all these medications and let my body have a chance to reset. Well no sooner the nurse called me back and said the doctor just wants to let your body recoup. I am surprisingly ok with this decision. I think its a great idea. And who knows.. I may just get pregnant on my own without anything. ( I did take a complete cycle of the clomid so there is still a chance it could help me even though I took it fairly early). He did say that I can continue trying this month but not to take any of the medications. If by chance I get a positive pregnancy test then to start taking the progesterone and go in for blood work immediately.

So I am considering today as CD 1 so I'll be a bit behind you gals now! At least I can staalk ya'll to see how ya'll are faring through the tww.

I hope you don't mind that I stick with you gals even though our cycles are a bit farther apart :)

Wishin - I know exactly what you mean, it's so so so hard. Although I'm with Linz - that I really want to see BFPs for you all, because I know you're really trying too. And I know how much you want it. I've been struggling this week with my best friend. She's the only one who knows we've been TTC and she's now 8 weeks pregnant after it happening "much quicker than I thought" on her first month off BCP. Now obviously I'm happy for her and I know she'll make a great mum. But I am currently getting daily updates at length on how horrible her morning sickness is, down to the detail on every thing she has managed to eat. I've written an email in my head that I'm debating sending to say that I don't want her pregnancy to come between us but that it has the potential to. I'm maybe going to drop into conversation that I have to go for this ultrasound next week and see what happens after that. I have cried a lot. And I'm sure I will some more. But I also can't believe that I could want to be a parent so much and then it not happen. Big hugs to you all.

Haley - Sorry to hear your cycle has gone to pot, you have my complete sympathy. I am still spotting 12 days on, so I couldn't tell you where I am in my cycle!! I think we should all stick together irrespective of cycle days and support each other throughout the difficult stages.

G xxx

Girls - you are a lovely bunch, it is lovely keeping up to date with each other. It is only natural that you get sinking feelings as much as you are happy for people sometimes. Even on here, if someone posts a positive result you still get a strange feeling ad voice saying "oh I want that" and then comes the "wow that is great for them". That is only natural. I get that all the time but I have to remind myself how lucky I am already and to just be patient as I have my son especially when i read about all the struggles and bad experiences many experience esp. on this thread. Truely want you all to get a BFP very soon x take care x

Haley, that's awful what's going on with your cycle :( Who knows, maybe your body is rejecting the meds and will work on it's own. You have been able to conceive before without the meds, just needed the progesterone to hang on to it, right? Knowing that, test early and test often so you can start them if need be.

And don't you dare think about leaving us whether your cycles line up with us or not! You're our buddy and I will be upset if you stop hanging out with us!

Giraffes, have you thought about being vulnerable and emotional while your friend is telling you about every last detail of her pregnancy? I don't mean like be manipulative and throw it in her face, but there is something to be said for not holding everything in. Look at it this way.... if you write an email detailing everything, it may hit your friend like a ton of bricks and because she's already hormonal from the pregnancy she may become defensive and make it seem like this is your fault. After all, she has no idea what kind of stress ttc is. Did any of us ever think that ttc could be so heart wrenching before we started? I was convinced it would take me exactly one cycle, and DH said he didn't understand why people did IVF, "maybe they shouldn't have kids." (YEAH... he's since changed his mind)

What I'm getting at is... next time you're on the phone with her and she's going into details and you feel like crying, do it. An emotional reaction to her overly sharing ways followed up by a tearful explanation about how lucky she is and how happy you are for her but wish you could have the same should push the sympathy buttons on her heart, not the defensive ones. Going forward she won't want to make you cry, so she should let up on the baby talk (if she's smart) and will keep you from having to type an email where emotion is hard to discern in text and it's easy to get offended even if that was not the intention.

Ok, so maybe it's a little manipulative, but the point is to get from point A to point B with minimal feelings hurt and to save the friendship. It's what I'd try first. Then if she doesn't react the way I think she will. Follow it up with a good stern email.

Attention ladies! I have an important announcement! EWCM spotted! Ov incoming!

That is all. Over and out.

(thought I'd liven up the place ;))

lol linz, glad you can see ovulation coming!!! And great advise in the previous post! And girls please stay in one thread!!!! It's hard chasing you around!!! You don't need to keep moving lol

Well I think the reason we move around is so that we're not still posting in the tww when none of us are in the tww. I also like the idea of starting a new thread every month when we're all past ovulation. I know when I look at a thread and see 100+ pages, I won't even bother reading or posting there. However, when we start the tww thread new every month, it gives us a chance to bring more people into our group. Then slowly, as we get AF and fall off the tww we come back here to post. I kind of like how this is our main thread, and then each month we have a spin off tww thread.

fair enough just keep it like that, i can see what you mean, just you can lose people looking for buddies. only noticed as notifications coming from both groups with same peeps. really i am 2ww but looking 4 buddies x

Well I'll catch up and be in the tww with you in just a couple days, then I think it may be a few more before anyone else joins us.

Really this thread was started mid-November because we were all testing close to Thanksgiving. A few with BFPs dropped out right away, but the rest of us wanted to stick together even though we were no longer in the tww. Thus, this buddies thread was born.

The longer we stick together, the less close everyone will be date wise (testing/tww/AF) but I still want to be buddies with everyone we have here since you all are so great and the things you've posted have made me laugh and cry and not feel so alone or dumb or crazy. So one is allowed to leave without a BFP, got it?!

Linz - your O announcement made me laugh. I hope you are dtd often and catching that egg : )

Gemmy - will keep my fingers crossed for you that the 2 ww goes fast. I ended up doing silly things like online quizzes and always poas too early. Hope you are more sane!

Giraffes - I am so sorry that you are going through this situation with the bf. My two other girlfriends and I started TTC at the same time. One just had her baby and the other is 5 months pregnant so I know how it feels. Thanks goodness they both had the decency to spare me the details. I think that a heart to heart with your bf is in order. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she probably does not know how much this hurts you. I truly believe that people who get pregnant easily just.... in a way take it for granted. Hang in there and I hope you feel better. *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->