• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my anti-witch spray!

That's a shame giraffe, hold in there. I know it is hard not to plan every moment. Yes hopefully ultrasound will give you some answers, good luck :dust:

Aww giraffes Sorry 2 hear u got a bfn. Sending u hugs x x

giraffes - :hugs: sorry you got your bfn. hope your ultrasound brings you some answers.

wishin - sounds like you are having a really stressful and heavy time:hugs:. I'm with gemmy, get someone to help you with your sisters wedding, you have enough on your plate. definately going to need help when you get your bfp :) so start delegating now.

Haley - glad your ultrasound was good and showed everything healthy.

Nats - it only takes the once :)

true leia, but i got to do it at least once for that to work lol,

Ok i am learning quite alot since being on the tww forum, when trying for my other children i just babydanced when we felt like it and hoped for the best, this time i am actively trying because i've learnt about different things, but obviously still have a lot to learn so excuse my ignorance on this but i want to ask a question about cm,

when it goes like egg white does that mean ur ovulating?
i've got a scan later today because doc's think i might have a cyst or maybe bladder stones, will that show if i'm ovulating and is it possible to get a slight bleed when u ovulate?

sorry for all the questions hope someone can shed some light for me, thanks ladies xx

Hi Nats,

The egg white CM shows you're about to ovulate (you're in the fertile period), it helps to keep the sperm alive and get them where they need to be :)

Yes you can bleed slightly when you ovulate, it's meant to be a good sign of fertility too I think!

The ultrasound should show if you're about to ovulate and they can see all the follicles that are ready too. Good luck with the test, mine's next week!

G xxx

Wishn - my goodness you have had a lot on your plate in the last year. Stress can affect ttc and when DH and I were having a rough few months, I'm convinced that there was no way I could have gotten preg with how much I was stressing out. It sounds like you have different kinds of stress affecting you, but all the same I hear it's harder to conceive when you are pushing out those stress hormones that interfere with the good hormones.

Giraffes - I am so sorry honey. I have definitely been there... picking out names, imagining yourself with a big belly, thinking of how to announce it to the family. Then POAS and BFN :*( Hang in there and get it all checked out to see what is going on. Spotting for 10 days in not normal, so I'm glad you've got a scan coming up.

AFM - I dosed DH last night with the vitamins and "vitality" pills and it worked! He was ready to go by the time we got into bed. It's kind of funny though because I guess they are still working. When he went to go to sleep last night he said "oh! I uh... think they're still working," and then this morning as I was giving him a hug goodbye I said, "Honey, I think those pills are still affecting you... You're ah... poking me." So when I told him he only got them every other day until I got a +OPK he sounded disappointed! Well I'm just glad he's being a good sport about it. If I had introduced the idea at the beginning of ttc I could totally see him taking it as an insult to his manhood, but since we've been trying for 8 months now, he's a little more willing to try new things. -OPK this morning.

Linz - I'm so glad you can see the funny side of TTC, I was chuckling away at your hubby and his vitality pills - you're going to have an AMAZING honeymoon!!! ;) It is funny how they come round to things. I think hubby has his sperm analysis date int he next week (he wouldn't tell me exactly when) and I'm sure before we started this journey he'd never have agreed, but when we talked about it after our last appointment he did make the point that all he had to do was go in a cup, which was a bit embarrasing. Whereas they were planning on putting all sorts of things in places where they definitely shouldn't be going which is embarassing and painful!

I'm wiishing away the days till my ultrasound now so I can find out what's going on :)

I, too, have an appointment next week (again) at the OBGYN. My pap results came back abnormal (again :() so I have to go in for another colposcopy... which if you've never had one, it's basically a cervical biopsy. They go in with these long tongs and take a clipping (it's a tiny sample of tissue) of the abnormal area and then test it to see if it's just abnormal or if it's working it's way toward the "C" word. I believe this is my third (sigh) abnormal pap in a row, so I have to get one every six months and each time the results come back good, just abnormal tissue, nothing to worry about.

But it's from a lingering HPV infection that my body is having trouble clearing. :( I just wish it would go away. It's not like there's any symptoms other than abnormal paps, I'm just so tired of getting that call 3 weeks after my appointment only to hear that I have to come back in so they can snip off a piece of my cervix. Supposedly this kind of stuff doesn't affect ttc, so I'm going to try not to worry about it. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to go in and my next appointment in 6 months will be a normal one.

Thank you all for listening to my very long ramble and for all your comments of support. I did delegate a lot of the work to some of the other bridesmaids but I just feel kind of dissappointed that I dont think Im making her shower special. My sister was my MOH and she did a spectacular job with everthing planning so many little details to make it special and I just wish I had the time and energy to do the same..its not for lack of wanting...itll be fine though Im sure we will pull out a beautiful party.

Linz- I have had that HPV and colposcopy once. and yes its really annoying. I had to get a pap every 6 months for what seemed like ever. That was pre-baby too so I dont think it does have an effect on ttc. Good luck and hope it clear up soon! What was that GNC pill you got hubby? Might slip that in with DH's daily meds hehe...oh im so evil the poor man is going through enough

giraffes- Im so super sorry about your BFN, I really thought that was it for you. I know what you mean about planning the big announcement and then seeing that BFN in the morning is soul crushing **big hugs** Hang in there and hope the u/s gives you some clarity

Nats- what you up to girl? how are the kiddos? Im still learning about cm and cervix positioning and temps and all that so ask away lots of us have the same question Im sure! There is no such thing as a stupid question right? Happy learning!

gemmy- hows the UTI? I am prone to them too and have never had it bleed that sounds sooo painful ouchy! hope ur feling better

afm- cd6 I think will prob start using my OPKs on sunday

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good to know I'm not the only woman in the world who's had to go through a colposcopy! I mean I've heard that up to 80% of people over 30 have contracted HPV in their lifetime, but you just don't hear people talk about it. I guess one good thing is I've always made sure I get a pap every year or however often they tell me, so if it does progress to anything besides just atypical, they will see it right away.

So the two pills I bought him was Fertile-Aid for men and VitaliKor. Of course the VitaliKor is the "enhancement" pill. When you go on the website and read the reviews, they are pretty funny. However, out of 75 reviews or so, it still has a 4.5 star rating, so I guess it really does work. For the price, it better! It's kinda expensive at $50 for 40 pills (and you take 2 at a time). However, it's less expensive than going to a FS since we don't BD enough at the right times. Also, like I said, he's not getting the pills all month, just during my fertile window.

can I just go to GNC and get them or does it have to be ordered online you think?

Oh I'm sure you can just go there. It's their #1 selling male enhancement product (according to the website and number of reviews), so I'm sure they'll stock it. I ordered mine online since the nearest GNC is 10 miles away and I didn't feel like driving there.

Hi ladies. I don't know if you all believe in prayer, but I've been praying for all of you. We all deserve to have some positivity come our way. I know for myself it's been a rough go and from the looks ya'll have each had your share in rough moments.

I just wanted to let ya'll in on something I read last night so I started today. Pomegranate juice helps build the uterine lining making it more comfy for implantation.

So this morning I started drinking 8oz of Pomegranate Juice and I will drink daily. It's actually really good. Tastes like tart grape juice to me...

What else are ya'll doing this month that may be different from past cycles?

I am drinking the juice
Using Preseed
BD'ing every other day starting cycle day 10 (Doctor says anymore is not conducive as the sperm aren't allowed time fully develop) Plus it's really exhausting :)
OPK's starting this morning
I took clomid on cycle day 3-7
Taking estrogen until I go for my next Ultrasound on Monday.
And Prenatals every night (I use Neevo-DHA)

I guess we'll see how this all goes! FX'd for all of you!!!

Well if I can get DH to BD at all we will be attempting the following:

bd every other day from cd10 and once we get + OPK every day for 3 days
preseed during fertile period
softcups during fertile period
going to make sure I take my vitamins (prenatal, folic acid etc)

Linz - i had a colposcopy at the start of the month that i concieved my son so didnt effect trying to conceive or the pregnancy (which worried me at the time).

Linz - i had a colposcopy at the start of the month that i concieved my son so didnt effect trying to conceive or the pregnancy (which worried me at the time).

Leia! Thank you for telling me! Good to know! Thankfully I made sure to schedule it when I am 1-3 dpo (hopefully). If I for some reason ovulate very late, I will reschedule it, as they tell you not to BD for a few days after.

Haley - So this month I am trying a bunch of new things. If one of them sticks, I won't know which it's from, but who cares?!

Baby Aspirin every morning - Supposedly it's supposed to help with blood flow to the uterus, increasing lining and helping with implantation.
Pregnacare Vitamins every morning.
Mucinex CD8-Ovulation
BD every other day starting CD 9 until I get a + OPK, then it's every day till I see a temp rise on my chart.
I bought a moonstone bracelet, but it's coming in from the UK and can take up to 3 weeks in shipping, so I probably won't get it till the beginning of my next cycle.
Using my CB Digi OPKs with FMU and my cheapies in the afternoon when I get home from work so I don't miss the surge.
Waiting 15 mins after BD to use the restroom and propping my hips up on a pillow (I know it's old fashioned and silly, but whatever!)

Leia! Thank you for telling me! Good to know! Thankfully I made sure to schedule it when I am 1-3 dpo (hopefully). If I for some reason ovulate very late, I will reschedule it, as they tell you not to BD for a few days after.

Haley - So this month I am trying a bunch of new things. If one of them sticks, I won't know which it's from, but who cares?!

Baby Aspirin every morning - Supposedly it's supposed to help with blood flow to the uterus, increasing lining and helping with implantation.
Pregnacare Vitamins every morning.
Mucinex CD8-Ovulation
BD every other day starting CD 9 until I get a + OPK, then it's every day till I see a temp rise on my chart.
I bought a moonstone bracelet, but it's coming in from the UK and can take up to 3 weeks in shipping, so I probably won't get it till the beginning of my next cycle.
Using my CB Digi OPKs with FMU and my cheapies in the afternoon when I get home from work so I don't miss the surge.
Waiting 15 mins after BD to use the restroom and propping my hips up on a pillow (I know it's old fashioned and silly, but whatever!)

Linz, I do the propping up on pillows too! LOL EXCEPT I just found out I have a tilted uterus so I should be laying on my stomach!!! haha I wonder if this affect positions also?? hmmm.. Just something else I have to research :) lol

Well if I can get DH to BD at all we will be attempting the following:

bd every other day from cd10 and once we get + OPK every day for 3 days
preseed during fertile period
softcups during fertile period
going to make sure I take my vitamins (prenatal, folic acid etc)

How do softcups work? Where do you buy them from? I've heard of them for the last few cycles from ya'll but never did any research...

Softcups are designed for your period. Its like a ring with a little plastic cup on it...sorry Im bad at explaining. You put it in after BD and the idea is to keep the spermies close to the cervix so the journey is shorter/closer I dunno...I read a lot of people had luck with it so thought what the hell. I bought it at Walgreens in the tampon/pad aisle. It was easy to insert and I oculdnt feel it at all. So Il ltry it again this month. Here is a thread https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/770598-preseed-soft-cups-sucesss-stories.html

Haley - I totally believe in the power of prayer so thank you, you are all on my list too. As a specific example, I was once in high dependency after one of my surgeries in a complete mess with huge pain. I was prayed for in my local church and I was out of HDU and walking around in the evening. Hubby couldn't believe I was the same person he'd left earlier in the day! So I know not everyone believes, but I totally am sold :D

Softcups (I believe) are like disposable mooncups that you put up there to stop the swimmers swimming the wrong way!

Wishin - glad to hear you're delegating. Just because you won't do it the same as your sister did for you doesn't mean it won't be special. And she loves you so she'll kow what you're going through.

Thanks everyone for your support, I'm still spotting so there's definitely something funny going on, hopefully the ultrasound will explain.

G xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->