I've got my anti-witch spray!

Hey Nats- how you holding up hun? Thinking of you....

AFM- I am debating being put on antidepressant and am really scared to commit to it. Also, I figured out the whole missing money situation...I was basically over "paying" the winner by $200. He is supposed to win $1300 and I was giving him $1500...which account for my missing $200. So glad I worked it out but I feel really stupid now. Thankfully I didnt accuse anyone (to their face at least haha).

I now can pay the painter and have all but $28 to cover the crib cost. I actually went online and traded in our credit card points for a $100 babies r us card so thats going towards the crib and nursery set also

I am not online much over the weekend but I hope everyone has a restful weekend!

Linz- Forgot to ask...hows going back to work been? Update us!

Cris - that is fantastic about the money! This means you don't have to worry about the cost of the painter or crib! Yaaay!

AFM - Back to work is going great. Tyler did fabulous yesterday, and I went home on my lunch to make sure he and Quinn got fed. After I got home at 5, I relieved him from duty until the following morning. I'm happy to be back at work, as I really needed some mental stimulation. While I love making faces and spending time with Quinn, she's not quite up to my level in conversation yet, and while she sleeps all I do is watch tv. Pumping at work is actually easier than at home! At home I pump and she sits in her swing and tolerates being out of my arms about 50% of the time. The other 50 % she starts screaming and I just have to finish pumping through the screams or cut the session short and pick her up. At work I can rest the bottles on my keyboard tray and keep working through the pumping since I have an office with blinds and a door that closes. My coworker even made me a little sign letting people know to absolutely not enter under any circumstances for the door.

Also, I had given up on swaddling after she was 1 week since she seemed to hate it and would fuss until she freed her arms, but last night I decided to try it again (she's been startling herself awake all night) and she slept IN HER OWN BED for 7 hours!!! 3 out of the last 4 nights she's given up her 3-4 am feed! So I am actually getting quite a bit of sleep! Also, my little chunker is now 12 lbs at 5 weeks!! Yikes!

Linz- thats fantastic!!! Seems like you are adjusting really well! Sometimes it is nice to get away from the LO and have "normal" adult time. I remember the most frustrating part of having a baby for me was that I didnt know what he wanted. When he started talking life got sooo much better. I also was the first of my friends to get pregnant and felt really alone. This time around I have lots of mommy friends and I am looking forward to maternity leave so I can just "play" with the other moms. Most of them are SAHM and its always hard to coordinate our schedules.

Julie- I dont have anything constructive to say about the whole breastfeeding thing, except that I am sorry people arent trying to be more helpful. I have never been one of those moms that feels ashamed to ahve formula fed, but in my case I really had no other option..it kind of makes it easier that it wasnt a choice I made I suppose. Hopefully you will have it easier this time around! **HUGS**

PS Linz- Brayden HATED HATED HATED being swaddled from day 1. He never liked it and all my special swaddling blankets were given away unused for the most part. To this day he doesnt really like being covered so I have to make sure he has warm pjs.

I hope baby girl (yea still nameless) enjoys being swaddled because I have heard it helps so much with the sleeping through the night! WISH ME LUCK!

Well, that's the thing, Cris, I think it's harder for me that I don't have a choice. Yours don't work but you know why. I don't know why mine don't and no doctor I've seen has been willing to help me find out why and see if there is a solution. I know mine work better than some in the same boat with me, so at least I have that, I guess. Imagine if a doctor had the same response to a man with erectile dysfunction -- "Oh well, pleasure your partner/self in other ways and get over it! Use a sperm doner to artificially inseminate your wife if you want kids. Whatever." :haha: Sooooo glad you figured out that money situation!

Linz -- So glad back to work is going well so far! Pumping at work was definitely easier for me, too! And If your one month old starts sleeping through the night on a regular basis, I'm going to be really jealous.

Julie- there are quite a few Violets popping up on my BBC birth board!

One of my friends named her daughter Violetta, which is pretty, but a bit much for my taste. Definitely like Violet better!

Cris- no progress on Samantha with DH? Has he had any other suggestions?

DH and I are just not getting along right now. I spent the entire day Saturday locked up in our bedroom and today I'm leaving to stay with a friend all day. I just can't stand him right now. A lot of it may just be my hormones going crazy but he's also been a real duck lately. Just really selfish, inconsiderate, and not even tryingto be understanding. I am trying to keep my distance before I say something ill regret later.

No progress with the name. I have been trying to think of other names to try on him but haven't come up with any. We will end up
Having to each come up with 5 and the
Hope one matches... I doubt I could come up with 5 though

The nursery looks great. It's a darker purple than I imagined but I think it will work really well with the nursery set I'm getting.

And no DH hasn't come up with any serious suggestions of his own. U think the last
One was Brandina or something stupid like that

That's what was driving me nuts about my hubby, Cris. He would hem and haw about my suggestions but wouldn't have and of his own that he felt strongly about. I know Violet is going to be more popular than I'd like but I'm trying to get past it because I love it, hubby says it's his favorite now, and I'm so done agonizing over names!! Not to mention Violet and Isobel are both characters on Downton Abbey. Lord help us with the comments we are going to get when we announce her name (which, I think won't be until she is born).

Well there are over 10,000 women in the birh board ad I saw it come up maybe 3 times so its not that common! I also saw one lady mention Imogen (sp?) and I thi k she might have been one of the ones considering Violet... I was like Julie?!

Ack! Im still an eggplant! I was hoping being in the 3rd tri and 28 weeks Id get to be something different!

Linz when does it change? I know you looked into it haha

Hows everyone?

Im ok...painting in the nursery is completed. the purple i chose is a tad brighter and darker than i had anticipated but i still love it. I think it will complement the green in the nursery set i chose. The plan is to get the furniture i already have in place then wait for my gift card to come in so i can put the crib together. After that im pretty much wiating on my shower before buying anything else my self. i keep getting yelled at for buying stuff off my registry but they dont understand that my original reason for making a registry is so that i knew what i needed to get! i will prob end up buying the nursery set myself since its over $100...since this will be my second baby shower i really want to keep the gifts under $50 tops. My registry is mostly nursery items (decor) and sheets.

Once I put the crib together my plan is to start putting my hospital bag together. i want to keep it minimal this time around since i had waaay too much last time

Cris -- Seriously? I'm an eggplant for at least 2 more weeks? BOOO!!!

I hit some major nesting mode at like 9pm last night (after having absolutely no motivation all weekend. Great). Got a lot of our laundry room and bedroom cleaned and gathered a box full of stuff to donate. I even unpacked my suitcase from our last trip (in October...) so now it's empty and ready to be packed for the hospital. I laughed because I JUST had to unpack the remaining stuff from the hospital from having Maisie in order to pack for our trip in October. :haha::blush: I obviously don't use that suitcase very often.

I'm working on revamping a toy box for Maisie. And aside from that, my big project this week is to totally clean our bedroom (it's so, so bad. Clothes/sheets/towels everywhere). Then once that's done, we'll get the crib and side car it to our bed and I'll get new bedding for Maisie and that'll pretty much be it, I guess. I'm waffling on painting the nursery. It's so much work and although it may be better for selling the house to have a lighter more gender neutral color, the buyer is probably just going to paint over it anyway. :shrug:

Im still moving little tid bits that used to be my stepson's from the room. He will now share a room with Brayden (bunk beds) and the baby will have her own room. It will most likely be like that forever. I dont want the boy/girl sharing to occur espcially since Id want to move brayden out of the room when he hits puberty anyways...so might as well jsut let the boys share now. Plus we get stepson every other weekend so he isnt in there much. Long term...like when stepson hits puberty which is prob soon I might consider moving him into the basement so he can have some "teenage space". Hes only 11 right now but I know those 'changes' are coming sooner rather than later. So sad :(

Besides building the crib and moving odds and ends to the boys room I dont have much to do so Im thinking that I should finally start and finish Brayden's baby book...lol opsie...I suck at that stuff

I sometimes still think Im pregnant with a boy....weird

Nats- havent heard from you...are you ok? Still thinking of you **HUG**

I seem to have a hard time wrapping my head around a girl, too. :shrug: But she has quite obviously been one both times they've looked.

So.... my family sucks. It's not like a brand new revelation for me, but has definitely been reinforced. They have no problem supporting and enabling alcoholic drug addicts but when it comes to following through with the help they offered us so that I could go back to school and stay home mostly with the girls, they've let me down. I think the part that upsets me most is that I ever believed the were going to actually help in the first place. How many times am I going to allow them to even put me in a position to be able to disappoint me? :dohh: So, the new determination, which is similar to the old one, is that my mother is the only family member I have who actually gives a shit about me. And that's fine. Because now I know for sure and I don't have to feel guilty about not coming around as much as they claim they'd like. Eff 'em.

Julie- sorry your family is being like that again :( although Im happy your mom seems to be stepping up, I know you have had problems with her being there before. Are you still going to go to school and do the whole lactation thing?

AFM- Kind of bored at work today and tried to look for a cute outfit to bring baby girl in and i didnt see anything i like...blargh...i dont think im being overly picky! I want a one piece preferably cotton...is that too much to ask for?

It's the Cris and Julie show! (Can you believe I just spelled my own name wrong? I typed "July." :wacko: OMG)

I'm still planning to continue my education but we're just back to what we were doing in the first place which is figuring out how to make it happen on our own. Which I was stressed out about but okay with. My family were the ones who started offering help... and then backtracked. Whatever.

I still don't want my mom like... up in my business at the hospital or spending lots of nights with us when we get home as soon as baby is born. She cares, but she's also a drama queen and still clashes with me on a personal level and drives me nuts. :haha:

I haven't even thought about what to bring baby home in. I brought Maisie home in a cute little bright green cotton dress. But I feel like it was a pain to get on her and was pretty silly and pointless. So this one's probably coming home in a comfy snap-up cotton sleep and play. :haha:

I honestly have no idea what Brayden came home in....I know that for him my most exciting purchase was his steelers onesie..that was his first outfit at the hospital! yay!

I have just been bored at work and didnt really know what to do with myself so I started looking. I think I did already buy a sleeper thats cotton..end of March is still chilly here but I think fleece is a tad too much. Eh..whatever...

Hi ladies,

Wishin - not sure if i already said but glad you sorted the money and your nursery is looking good.

Little - sorry your family is being crap. :( . There is nothing like family to build up your hopes only to crush them again. Good luck sorting it out yourselves. it will happen if you want it to.

Linz - glad going back to work has worked out for you and that Quinn is sleeping well - not too jealous!!!

AFM - a year ago today i was having a quickie in the woods leading to the beautiful baby thats sleeping in my arms :).
Feel like i'm not getting much sleep at all. so tired. feeding lying down but now seems like my nipple is being used as a dummy and i wake up aching as i've slept in funny position.
baby wearing so i can get things done is killing my back although we are now getting more time where he is happy in his bouncy chair or in his door bouncer.
Starting to get excited about starting weaning although he has only just reached 4 months (3 months adjusted) but want to hold off till 6 months. its going to be hard waiting.
He is so smiley and getting very chatty now. Cant wait till he wants to play. not really interested in toys. loves watching us and his sisters and brother and loves the flashing lights of the tv (so bad). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->