I've got my anti-witch spray!

Oh nats, big :hugs: hon. try and enjoy your weekend x

Linz - good on you. 17th isnt long :) so exciting.

Giraffes - how lovely, shopping for baby stuff. not sure i will get to do much this time. have some lovely bits left over just need a few basic things and if i can borrow off friends, i will do. we never got around to nurserys for any of the kids, as babies they were always in our room and only had the one extra room for the older one. everytime we moved and got a larger house, the youngest moved up and another baby came along. thought we were going to have spare room this move but we're filling it again :).

Huge hugs Nats, nothing can make this moment better but I know you will get there at some point. Hope you can enjoy your weekend.

Linz - yes a pram/pushchair is our UK word for the stroller.

Leia - you must have moved a lot! That's great if you can borrow though, it'll make it much cheaper.

ok ladies wondering What ur thoughts on this are? I've been spotting a little since sat, mostly brown with a little red blood sometimes. Still feel the same as i did so did a test and it came up What i thought was negative after about 2 mins. I put it in the drawer and accepted it was not positive. This morning i woke feeling very sick again had another look at the test from yesterday and it's reading positive??? It's quite a faint line but it's Definately there. Is this just because i left it overnite? I'm going 2 buy another test 2day and c What happens but What do u guy's think? I've never had spotting before in any of my other pregnancy's x x

Nats - I would say that the test cant be trusted and assume void and test again. As for the spotting, you know all pregnancies are different. I've only spotted quite heavily with one of my pregnancies resulting in a worrying few months and a number of scans but all was well. I'm sure you are driving yourself crazy with 'am I/aren't I' so big hugs and will be waiting to hear results of new tests, good luck hon x

Well tested again and got a very white negative, so can only assume that its obviously negative, i'm so sad and so confused obviously wasn't my month at all, just feel like its not meant to be now and its never going to happen. Thanks for bearing with me all these months, good luck to all those still ttc and wishing the rest of our preggos a very happy and healthy pregnancy xxxxxx

oh nats, huge hugs honey. I know you must feel really crap at the moment. firstly new test wasnt fmu so it could still be up in the air and just because this isnt your month doesnt mean its never going to be. see how you feel in a few days. you dont have to go anywhere. hope you're getting big hugs off your hubby xx

Nats- Im so sorry hun. I know exactly how you feel. The longer it takes to get pregnant the more dishartened you become. I totally understand and sympathize with your mentality of "its never going to happen". You start questioning whats wrong with you whas wrong with your partner..etc. I have nearly lost my sanity while on this journey but I have had to really dig into my faith for this one. I know God has a plan and he works in mysterious ways. I know when he feels it is time he will give me that miracle. Until then I am just trying to wait patiently and understand his plan for me

I hoe you can find peace in that

big hugs

My sister just got married in Mexico and I was talking to her sister in law (she already has a 15 month old) about when they would be planning on having another. She told me she was going to get off the pill the week before Mexico (we had this convo at my sister's bach party in January). Well lo and behold..shes pregnant. She was off the pill less than a month. I swear ...its like a knife to the heart

I told her during this same conversation that Ihad been trying for 5 months (at that point) and I remember typing to you guys how she had said something ignoratn so looking back on my posts to see what it was lol

:growlmad:
I wanted to share something that happened this weekend that I know only you girls will sympathize with...

So this weekend was my sisters bridal shower and bachelorette party. Her sister in law to be and I were the only ones in a group of girls (ages 26-28) that have a child. I was talking to her future SIL about the kids and then somehow the topic changed to when we would be TTC #2 and I shared with her that it had taken 9 months to conceive #1 and that we are currently on 10 months trying to conceive #2....you know what her answer was?

Really?! I got pregnant sooooo easily! I stopped taking BC the day before my wedding and told my doctor I'd see him next month because Id be pregnant...and sure enough the following month I was pregnant and having my first visit..

OMG I WANTED TO BITCH SLAP HER! How freaking insensitive of her to say something like that to someone who just told her what a hard time they were having TTC and the heartache behind it....ugh some people are so ignorant

Oh and then she later mentions that in spite of Doctor's orders to not work out as hard dring her pregnancy she did keep working out hard and the baby was 8 born premature..and shes like laughing about it like its some big joke that she felt working out was more important than her childs health. There is adiffernece between being healthy and being compulsive with working out...yea she crossed that line.

Seriously wanted to kill this girl

Oh Nats!!! So sorry but it's not over yet!! The witch hasn't shown her face yet right?? You still could be early!!!

Wishin - So sorry! I know your pain! My sis-in-law just found out she was pregnant 2 weeks after she got married and stopped the pill last month!!! So disheartening to see people around you get pregnant so easy!!

AFM, I got my + OPK this morning on 2 different brands. So as of tomorrow I'll be in my tww!!! I hope this goes really fast! I just hope this round of medicines worked the first time!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter!!!

xoxo

Nats - Sorry my dear that you are having such a crummy day. Do remember that it isn't over until the witch shows. I had pink and brown bleed at 13 dpo - 15 dpo and it was not a period, it was implantation bleeding. Hang in there honey.

Wishin - you know how I feel about people like that! I totally agree with you! But it did make me feel better yesterday when I was sitting at the table with my cousins and the topics of kids came up (there's 5 little kids in my family right now). Each of them was saying that their first took forever to conceive, so I didn't feel bad that it took us 10 months. However, I didn't tell them I was pregnant, am waiting till 12 weeks.

Haley! YAAAYYYY!!! Can't wait to see your result in 2 weeks! Hope you are making "the most" of your + opk! lol! ;)

Wishin - Big hugs hon x

Haley - great to have you back, got everything crossed for you, hope your tww goes quick x

I should be gearing up to O sometime this week but dh is still not well so not holding my breath

Question for you ladies.. Have any of you gotten multiple days of positive OPK's?

I got a + OPK at 3:30am yesterday then again at 9:00am yesterday morning, again at 10:00pm last night and still showing positive this morning...

I normally just stop testing after my first positive but I have to start progesterone tonight so I was hoping it would turn back negative before I started taking it...

Also I am wondering when I actually should ovulate... 12-36 hours from the first positive???

Can any of you shed any light on this?

you should ovulate 12-36 hours after your FIRST positive....

yes I have had multiple days of +...thats why they tell you to stop testing once you get a positive. Lol but of ocurse we like to pee on stuff so we dont listen

you should ovulate 12-36 hours after your FIRST positive....

yes I have had multiple days of +...thats why they tell you to stop testing once you get a positive. Lol but of ocurse we like to pee on stuff so we dont listen

LOL!!!! Maybe that's why I keep doing it... I normally don't but for some reason I just like seeing the smiley so I kept doing it. hahaha OK so I should be good to start taking my progesterone as scheduled! PHEW!!! Big relief! :) Thanks for the info!

I second what Wishin said. Basically, if I was diligently testing on the OPK and I caught the surge right away, I'd ovulate a day and a half later. But when I was not up on it and just testing once a day I'd ovulate between 12-24 hours later. But definitely stop testing! I got ones that looked nearly positive even at 3 dpo.

AFM - got my first prenatal class tonight. They make you take it before you can get in for your first scan, but it goes over a lot of info about pregnancy, I guess. When my best friend took this class, she ran out of the room crying because they made it sound like everyone was going to get an ectopic... so I guess this will be interesting...

Haley - woop woop! Hope this 2ww doesn't drag and results in a wonderful BFP.

Nats - are you ok? Hope you managed to enjoy your holiday.

AFM - I made a complete fool of myself yesterday. I had a hospital appointment (with my gut team not the obstetrician) and I've been quite worried because my chronic gut issues had been getting a lot worse in the last few weeks. It's quite tricky, because in order to keep me well I have to take antibiotics all the time, which obviously isn't ideal for baby. Anyway my regular doc was away so I saw his junior and she got the fright of her life when she started talking to me and I just burst into tears. And could not stop. 45 minutes, and a lot of tissues later I finally left the room, having caused a huge clinic backlog!! It's so silly but I got myself in such a tizz and then burst into tears whenever hubby was nice to me / tried to talk about it for the rest of the day. Hormones!!!! Still in the cold light of day I'm feeling much better and the medicines advisory people have given their go ahead that we can up my dose and baby should still be fine which is great.

lol sorry G but thats kinda funny! haha...oh the joys of ppregnancy!

Nats- You are worrying me are you ok??? please check in with us

Linz- lol we dont have to do that here...weird....you are a no nonsense kinda girl I doubt the class will freak you out! Let us know how it goes

I only tested with OPK today because started seeing some ewcm and yup got my smiley face this morning. Not really too enthused as things have been tense around hte house but still gonna try to BD today and tomorrow for the hell of it.

no matter what though I still love seeing that smiley face :)

Giraffes - I know what you mean about the crying thing! The other day I cried because I took a bite out of a burrito. I was feeling so sick but not anywhere near crying, but that one bite just made me turn into a sobbing mess.

Wishin - The class is only required for Northern California Kaiser members. Even the people in the southern half of the state don't have to do it. It's weird, but I guess it makes sure that everyone is on the same page as far as what to expect from appointments and screenings. Then at the end you watch a video that shows fetal development from conception to birth. Which was good since I brought DH. That's not something I could force him to watch at home, so at least he is more well informed.

And congrats on the +OPK! I love seeing that smiley face too. I should send you all my leftover OPK strips. I bought a box of 20 for the CB digi and now they are just sitting under my counter collecting dust.

AFM - The morning sickness is getting worse in the evenings. But it's still only nausea, but to the point where I feel like I could get sick at any moment, and that feeling can last for up to 2 hours. My doctor recommended taking Benadryl + B6, but it doesn't seem to help with the nausea, it just knocks me out. I've basically been bed ridden after 5 pm every evening because of it since March 31st. I'm just so over it at this point but there's nothing I can do to make it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->