I've got my anti-witch spray!

I know it's not quite the same but I had such a clear dream that I got a BFP that for the first minute or so after I woke up I actually couldn't work out whether it was real or not. Was obviously disappointed that it was only a dream but then got my BFP that morning!! So fingers crossed that these dreams mean something for you!!
Hope you're all looking forward to christmas!! :xmas9:

Fingers crossed the dreams are right!

I'm gearing up for Christmas big style and have spent the last two days baking things to put in the freezer so I don't have to cook as much over the week itself. As I normally feel so crappy just before and during AF I figure if she arrives over Crimbo I'll be pleased to do less then. What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Not doing too much here. I think we're getting our tree this weekend. Then the actual week of we'll do Christmas eve with my family and Christmas day with DH's.

However, I am counting myself out this month, ladies (maybe my MIL will be right after all!). Basically DH and I have been wanting to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon (we never took one after the wedding) and found last night that if you book now for January, you can get a really great deal. So we finally booked our honeymoon for next month, and I for sure do NOT want to be pregnant for that. So I told DH there would be no BD'ing during certain times this month unless he wants to use a condom. We've booked tickets for a zip-line tour with a free fall swing for 40 ft and it specifically says "not intended for pregnant women." Not to mention the fact that I would like to drink and not worry about morning sickness, etc. And by the time the vacation rolls around, I should be in my Jan tww, so it will be nice to have a distraction from part of it!

Soooo, I will definitely be following along this month and rooting you guys on, but I'm out this month! (Will still be starting my fancy import vitamins when they get here though ;) )

linz - sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! It is getting so cold here I wish that I could book a trip some place tropical! Actually if I am wishing... I would love to go to a tropical island and BD until I get prenant lol.

Linz that sounds like an awesome trip! And a pretty amazing place to spend your next 2ww :) Fingers crossed all the sunshine and relaxing will work the magic!!

Wow Linz that really does sound amazing :thumbup: and not long to wait either...

Hopefully you'll have your perfect honeymoon and then get your BFP!! :flower:

Our plans for Christmas are pretty traditional, seeing most of the family at some point between the 23rd and 26th, and spending Christmas Eve as just me and the hubby, baking mince pies and watching A Christmas Carol. We weren't able to have much of a Christmas last year for various reasons so I'm very excited about this festive season! :xmas5:

Right that's it, I'm going to live in a cave where no-one can tell me they're pregnant, or that they've had an accident, or that it was only their first month of trying, or they only forgot to take their pill once, or that they weren't really trying. I am turning into such a horrible person, and I really can't cope with who I'm becoming but this TTC lark is slowly killing me from the inside out. It's not fair, I've had my share of health problems in the past, and that was enough of a battle for one lifetime, I really don't think I can face another. I love my husband and we have a great life and I know I should be grateful that he has a secure job and we have a nice house, but there's this big hole in our lives and my stupid body doesn't seem to want to work with me to fix it. Which means that when I open my emails to another pregnancy announcement I just crumble and am left in a puddle on the floor.

I'm sorry for such a self pity-ing rant, but we've told no-one about TTC and you're the only people I can talk to about this. Somehow I don't think calling hubby at work in floods of tears would earn me any wife of the year points.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Gxx

Good Morning ladies, I haven't been on in a while been, trying to keep busy. I am cd 8 and usually O' round cd 15 or 16 so I am ready to get started....So how is everyone else doing? Wishing you all the best of luck with lots of baby dust!!!!

Right that's it, I'm going to live in a cave where no-one can tell me they're pregnant, or that they've had an accident, or that it was only their first month of trying, or they only forgot to take their pill once, or that they weren't really trying. I am turning into such a horrible person, and I really can't cope with who I'm becoming but this TTC lark is slowly killing me from the inside out. It's not fair, I've had my share of health problems in the past, and that was enough of a battle for one lifetime, I really don't think I can face another. I love my husband and we have a great life and I know I should be grateful that he has a secure job and we have a nice house, but there's this big hole in our lives and my stupid body doesn't seem to want to work with me to fix it. Which means that when I open my emails to another pregnancy announcement I just crumble and am left in a puddle on the floor.

I'm sorry for such a self pity-ing rant, but we've told no-one about TTC and you're the only people I can talk to about this. Somehow I don't think calling hubby at work in floods of tears would earn me any wife of the year points.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Gxx

Oh Giraffes, I'm so sorry. :hugs:

You're absolutely not a horrible person at all. It's not easy to want something so badly and it be totally out of your control. I wish there was something I could say to make it a bit better, but unfortunately I don't think that there is... sometimes things just don't seem fair. In the past when OH and I had to wait to try purely because we didn't feel that we were financially stable enough, I used to feel so upset and even a bit angry when I saw people going ahead and having babies regardless and then expecting other people to support them. So know that as horrible as it is, we all have our own experiences and are here to understand and support you.

I'm sure that one day it will be you sending one of those emails, and hope that it can be really soon. :flower:

Hi Ladies, sure do miss you all! Not much going on here just waiting to O....wont even start testing with my OPK until Monday (usually O cycle day 18th which this month would be Dec 18th so I try to test a week prior just to make sure I dont miss a early surge)

Linz- Hawaii sounds amazing...ull be so releaxed I bet u get preggo haha
Giraffe- I feel the same way a lot sometimes its even hard to get on BnB because of all the BFPs even though I know the women here are going through the same journey its hard to hear about it...dont get me wrong I am happy for them and my real life freinds but it does hurt a little...hang in there it will be your turn soon **hugs**

Giraffes- I totally empathize with you. Last week on the day that AF came I was seriously upset, emotional, and vulnerable. Then I went to my Weight Watchers meeting in the evening only to find out that I'm .5 lbs up on the scale AND my meeting leader announces she's just finished her first trimester. After the meeting I couldn't hold it all in anymore and I literally walked through the door at home already in tears. So then DH of course says it's because I'm too focused on it and I need to relax. How can you possibly relax? How can you just "forget about it" for two weeks until AF comes and then when she's 2 days late for the first time since going off the pill how can you not be let down when she shows up?

I don't think that men will ever understand. I don't think it even crosses their mind through the course of the day while we are sitting here and the first cramp or bout of nausea causes us to start to wonder and it plays with our minds all day (all tww, really). So I don't think they could possibly understand. Especially when it's been months or maybe a year of TTC, each month you place more stress on it than the last since you figure it HAS to happen eventually....

I would say that if you DON'T sit there and obsess over every symptom during the tww wait you must be one of 3 things: 1) A man, 2) New to TTC, or 3) Not REALLY trying, more like you don't care if it happens now or in 5 years.

So just know that it's totally normal and we are all here with you, girl. I know EXACTLY how you feel. But yes, crying to DH seems to make matters worse rather than better, but only because there's really no way they could possibly feel what we're going through.

i dont remember having any symptoms with my first...it was the day before my 25th bday and I had a dream that I was pregnant and my child came out all deformed because I drank while pregnant. Of course since my birthday was the following day I had big plans to go out on the town and get plastered but thought after my dream i should probably test just in case I was preggo and sure enough BFP...the only glaring symptom I got after my BFP was extremely sore breasts it even hurt to get into shower they were so sensitive...besides that nothing! so im a total believer in dreams telling you something

Linz - you are 100 % right!!! I was trying to hold it together last night but ended up blubbing on hubby for almost an hour, who was quite good about it really, but he did keep saying things like "if we can't have children then that's ok". No it's not, it's what I've wanted for years and am genetically programmed to want!!! And "I think you should relax about it, getting stressed isn't going to help us conceive". Bleurgh.

So thank you ladies for being here so that I have someone to talk to that understands. And a place to share this craziness with.

Love Gxxxx

it does make you go crazy doesnt it? I am not looking forward to another tww

I actually have a lot going on in the beginnig of the year..my sister is getting marreid in Mexico (all inclusive) and I have 2 concerts Im going to ...Id like to be able to drink during all that...haha maybe since I have all that stuff planned Ill finally get my BFP?

Oh ladies, the things we go thru aye? sorry to all of you who are feeling sad right now :cry:

I've got the family coming to me again this year, 3rd year running!! mum and brother coming christmas eve and staying till 28th, brothers girlfriend coming christmas day evening and staying over. dad and his wife coming on the 29th for the day so all in all will be pretty busy! due for af on the 28th so hoping obviously for a bfp and no af!!!

Fingers crossed for all of us girls, glad to be doing the tww with all of you xxx

Went in yesterday for my regular "lady" exam. Of course the last time I was there was when I was on the pill and my Dr asked me if I had any changes and how was the pill still working for me. I told her I'd gone off it the last week of April since we are TTC now. When she asked if I had any questions I asked her how long it normally takes since this is our 8th month trying. Her response was that typically it takes 6 months to a year, and then if at a year still nothing then they do infertility testing. However, she said what she's seen over and over is that you come in at a year to do the infertility testing and then you get pregnant right after that. So it eased my mind a little bit to know that she wasn't concerned at this point.

Also, I told her that I've been charting and she said she generally doesn't recommend that since it only shows you after you ovulate so it's not really that great at predicting when to bd. She recommended OPKs as a better indicator of your fertile time. I think I'll still keep temping just so I can pinpoint my cycles, but maybe next month I'll throw in an OPK or two to see how it works.

Does anyone here use OPKs? Any advice or explanation of how they work?

Linz- I use the clearblue digital OPK. I love it! It tell you when to test depending on how long your cycle is. I think I started at about cycle day 8 or 9? So basically with the clearblue digital they say to try to hold your urine and POAS around the sae time every day. If it detects a surge you get a smiley face and if it doest detect a surge then you get a plain circle. When you get your smiley face you are supposedly going to Ovulate within the next 12-48 hours so you get to BD as much as possible.

My understanding about the non-digital ones is that the test line should be as dark or darker than the control line. When its dark it means you are Oing and sohuld get to BD. I like the easiness of not trying to guess if the line is the right color...love seeing that smiley face its almost as good as a BFP! HAAH

Anywyas, been reading some posts and was reading up on the soft cups...any one use those? Im thinking about using that and putting preseed in it this month...

Thanks, wishn! From what I've read about softcups is that some women swear by them, but on the other hand, I've heard that if the swimmers aren't making their way up the, uh... canal? within 30 seconds or so that most likely they aren't going to make it through the entire journey anyway. Somewhere I read that only like a certain % are viable and mobile and those will get to where they need to go without use of a softcup. That using one only holds the immobile ones there and they don't have a chance anyway.

DH asked me once when we first started TTC if me using the restroom after we bd was going to keep me from getting pregnant. I get UTI's pretty easily so it's not like I can just wait an hour or two after bd'ng to go. I told him if that were the case, don't you think that just using the restroom after bd would be an effective form of birth control? He laughed and said, yeah I suppose so.

In conclusion... I don't think that soft cups could hurt to use. Who knows, maybe they do help. I know there are women on these forums that say they got their BFP due to them. On the other hand I've read stuff saying they don't really help that much. Sooo... idk? :D

lol thanks Linz. I loled at your husband asking about going to the bathroom. Last month We bd and I didnt use the toilet afterwards trying to keep the swimmers in there and ended up with a nasty UTI (Im prone to them too) so now I still wait a bit but still go...not going through that again!

Ill use the soft cups this month and let you all know what i think...ill prb use pressed with it...what the hell ..ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->