I've got my anti-witch spray!

Hey firsttimer, I confirmed it this morning. I am back in the tww. 1 dpo today. Temperature shot up this morning! So much for WTT.

Thats great!!!!! Looking forward to this long wait with you...Wishing you the best :happydance:

Doodah and Linz - you just didn't want to miss out on all the fun we're having!!!

Doodah and Linz - you just didn't want to miss out on all the fun we're having!!!

Yeah, really! Although I was playing around with my chart and if I get another high temp tomorrow (which almost assuredly I will) it puts me at 2 dpo today, saying I ov on Sunday (which was only CD11, jeez!). It's hard to tell because usually I get really bad ovulation pain, but I've been on so much advil lately that the pain feels more like twinges than the low throbbing pain for a few hours, so FF may be right. IF that is the case, then I'm due for AF on Christmas.... hmmm that would be a most unwelcome gift!

Yay Linz- I was gonna miss you this month! Fingers crossed that being relaxed and WTT does the trick for you this month!

1stimmer- That would put you at about 10dpo or so on Christmas right? Ooo how exciting wishing oyu a BFP for Christmas!

Girraffe- We are one of those couples that fights all the time and it doesn effect us. We are both really stubborn and we blow up at each other then its done with...people think its crazy how much we fight but Im quite happy that we dont hold our problems in and would rather hash it out...its been working for 8 years now so I doubt we will change it. I will say that we have learned to choose our battles in those 8 years though, lol.

Nats- Sorry you are out this month, hope you and the hubs make up soon, some time apart sounds like a good idea Have fun with the girls!

As for me- Well, Im on cycle day 13. Started my OPKs on Sunday...not due to O until the 18h though so the plan is to try cd 17, cd18, and cd 19....gonna use preseed and softcups this month. The witch is due on New Year's Eve. If you all knew the kind of horrendous year my husband and I have had you would see why a new year BFP would totally change everything for us!

Hey wishn- quick question... do you ovulate on the same day every month? CD18? Mine moves around so much that I can never tell. I did get my OPKs in the mail yesterday and just for the heck of it I p'd on one. It looked +, but I think the 2nd line was ever so slightly lighter than the control, so I think I obviously missed the surge since I had already ovulated. How long do they stay positive once you get your first + of the month?

Yay Linz- I was gonna miss you this month! Fingers crossed that being relaxed and WTT does the trick for you this month!

1stimmer- That would put you at about 10dpo or so on Christmas right? Ooo how exciting wishing oyu a BFP for Christmas!

Girraffe- We are one of those couples that fights all the time and it doesn effect us. We are both really stubborn and we blow up at each other then its done with...people think its crazy how much we fight but Im quite happy that we dont hold our problems in and would rather hash it out...its been working for 8 years now so I doubt we will change it. I will say that we have learned to choose our battles in those 8 years though, lol.

Nats- Sorry you are out this month, hope you and the hubs make up soon, some time apart sounds like a good idea Have fun with the girls!

As for me- Well, Im on cycle day 13. Started my OPKs on Sunday...not due to O until the 18h though so the plan is to try cd 17, cd18, and cd 19....gonna use preseed and softcups this month. The witch is due on New Year's Eve. If you all knew the kind of horrendous year my husband and I have had you would see why a new year BFP would totally change everything for us!

Thank You!!! Christmas will be 11dpiui,(as I go tomorrow) so I'm hoping for a BFP Christmas Eve to put in my Loves Stocking..:xmas6:

Firsttimer - you're totally getting that Christmas BFP.

Linz - I think the hormones hang around for quite a bit afterwards (you always have some of it in your system but then there's a big surge for ovulation). That's why I like the digi opk I have to say, it stops me from over-analysing the lines!! In my blood tests that I have to get on day 21 of this cycle one of the many hormones they're looking for is LH, which is the one detected by the kit, so there must still be some hanging around at least a week after O. Does that make sense?

Have you read this? https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Gxxx

Linz - I think the hormones hang around for quite a bit afterwards (you always have some of it in your system but then there's a big surge for ovulation). That's why I like the digi opk I have to say, it stops me from over-analysing the lines!! In my blood tests that I have to get on day 21 of this cycle one of the many hormones they're looking for is LH, which is the one detected by the kit, so there must still be some hanging around at least a week after O. Does that make sense?

Gxxx

Ooooh no I haven't! You know how I love information. I OD on it all the time! BTW, I got my special vitamins in the mail today all the way from GB! So just took my first one.

Firsttimer - you're totally getting that Christmas BFP.

Gxxx

I sure hope so!!!!

? what are the best HPT's to take to see when the HCG is gone from my system, or should I just wait and test on christmas eve?

Linz- I am not sure if I do ovulate the same day but I have ovulated the same cycle day (cd18) the past 3 months. So I assume I do...but thats why I still use the OPK to make sure I dont go earlier or later...I also use the clearblue digital (smiley face) which just gives you a smiley if it detects a surge and a clear circle if there is no surge. The instructions tell you that once you get the smiley face you should get to BD as you will be your most firtile within the next 12-48 hours. You dont use FMU so I go around 4pm everyday.

Ill let you know if I O cd18 again this month...Im kind of expecting not to because my last cycle was 34 days long and they are usually 28 so I dont know if that will throw O day off

I really really recommend the clearblue digital OPK there is no guessing game...its more expensive but sooo worth not having to guess if the line is dark enough or not

btw that website is awesome I learned so much info there..def check it out

1sttimer- I would wait for christmas eve (if possible) but I am not sure what the trigger thing does or how it works? will you explain ? sorry if that sounds dumb

1sttimer- I would wait for christmas eve (if possible) but I am not sure what the trigger thing does or how it works? will you explain ? sorry if that sounds dumb

Not a dumb question at all....The trigger is HCG which will "trigger" ovulation 24 to 36 hrs after taken...I was on clomid cd3-7, then u/s on cd12 to check size and quanity of Follies. I had 2, one on each side.I did the trigger that night(last night) and I also have been using OPK's (started cd10) and 24 hrs after the trigger I got a positive,Which could also be due to the meds... I go in tomorrow for the IUI.....And that's exactly what I was thinking, I only done one test last month (2days before the witch was due) so I think I can hold out on this one as well, so CHRISTMAS EVE it is!!!!

Not a dumb question at all....The trigger is HCG which will "trigger" ovulation 24 to 36 hrs after taken...I was on clomid cd3-7, then u/s on cd12 to check size and quanity of Follies. I had 2, one on each side.I did the trigger that night(last night) and I also have been using OPK's (started cd10) and 24 hrs after the trigger I got a positive,Which could also be due to the meds... I go in tomorrow for the IUI.....And that's exactly what I was thinking, I only done one test last month (2days before the witch was due) so I think I can hold out on this one as well, so CHRISTMAS EVE it is!!!!

Wow things sound really promising for you! I hope you get the best xmas gift this year:happydance:

Now that I have a packet full of IC's there's no holding me back this month. I'll probably start testing around 10 dpo, which I think will be the 21st.

Firsttimer, I think if you want to obsess you can use a test every day and you should see the 2 lines fade out (as the trigger leaves your system) and then reappear as you get your positive!

Glad you all liked the website :)

Firsttimer, I think if you want to obsess you can use a test every day and you should see the 2 lines fade out (as the trigger leaves your system) and then reappear as you get your positive!

Glad you all liked the website :)

I'm going to try and not obsess and hold out until Christmas Eve, I think seeing a positive and then seeing a BFN would be awful...:cry: This is my second cycle and my RE will only do one more. So I am [-o< that this is the one..

Hey Wishn, I was just reading something on the FF website that said they analyzed over 100k pregnancy charts and found that 94% of them had bd'd during at least one of three days in each cycle. That was the day of ovulation, and the two days preceding it. So if you're looking for the best days, that would be it right there. And if an OPK goes + 12-36 hrs before ovulation, that at least gives you enough notice for one or two of those days, but if you want to be covered, definitely bd the day before it's + as well. They said each additional day you bd increases your chance of pregnancy as well.

As for me, I'm now 3 dpo, and since FF is saying that it means the one time we bd'd near ov was two days before. However, even though I am taking a positive attitude towards it this month, I'm still thinking this is not my month. I just don't "feel" it. Which would be ok, cause then I wouldn't have to be super annoyed watching DH drink on our honeymoon while I'm having to abstain. But either way, it's like we've been trying long enough for this that I wouldn't be upset going on our trip with "an extra passenger." ;)

Thanks for the explanation 1st timer I am not too familiar with the whole HCG thing so that really helped

Linz- thanks for the info as well! I will BD the day before I expect + , day of, and try for the following two days after...ugh hubby will not be pleased as this was about the same schedule we did last time and he was exhausted AHAHAH

He seems to be getting more onboard with the babything. We are bot hready for another one but I was def more into it than he was and now hes sitting there thinking up baby names...so I know hes ready!

Hehe - love that he's choosing baby names :)

I'm still waiting for my positive opk, so it looks like it might be a long cycle this time so I'm going to be behind you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->