ive had a gender scan but midwife said the heartbeat sounds like a boy

laura109

Reaction score
We have had two scans to confirm the sex and the midwife said it sounds like a boys heartbeat today. Do u think i have anything to worry about. Everything we have is for a girl pretty much!

No nothing to worr about it's just an old wives tale! Apparently boy heart rates are slower than girls I think. My mum and dad thought I was a boy because of how low my heart rate was but I obviously came out a girl! Don't worry heart rate changes all the time depending on their activity xx

And also changes depending on size the bigger they get the slower the heart rate gets usually x

Thanks. The heart rate was 138 today at 36 weeks. She worried me abit lol x

My baby is a girl, heartrate always 135bpm. It's a old wives tale.
Xx

I think the scans are more accurate. But my OB said she can tell a difference in tone, not just rate of the heart beats

My doctor told me there is no scientific evidence to prove this is true and when they have tried to prove it, it comes back 50/50.. So sometimes true sometimes not... So basically its an old wives tale.

My first DD was always really fast. Like 160 and above all the time.

This one... also a girl stays in the 140 - 150 zone.

No. As long as it's a healthy heart beat, you're good!

I can't believe it when I hear of medical professionals perpetuating old wives tales. There is nothing in the heartbeat theory, ignore your midwife.

Yeah i dont like old wives tales being used to guess stuff. I would of been happy with a boy or girl. We paid for a 4d to get it confirmed for decorating and buying reasons. My sisters a wind up and sent me an article saying if your bumps neat your having a boy too last night. She thinks its funny. I have got the cot bedding and everything now so i hope not.

You can trust the scan as proper evidence and take the rest with a pinch of salt.
Did the midwife perhaps not know that you already had the gender confirmed and was trying to get a guess in? If not, she was just playing with you. Naughty!

Yeah i have told her before. The main reason we booked the 4dscan was because she said to not set my heart on the 20 week scan result. X

My first DD was always 160+.

This time they take forever trying to find her because my heart rate (which is 120s+) and her heart rate are so similar. Not true at all!!

At my last midwife appointment (28 weeks) when they went to listen to the babies heart beat she asked if I knew what I was having, I said boy and she said that he's heartbeat should sound like a train for a boy and more of a knocking sound for a girl. Probably definitely another old wives tale but it did sound like a train.

I am having a girl, and she has always been in the 130s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->