IVF and accupuncture

fluffystar

3rd tri
Reaction score
I was just wondering for those of you that had accupuncture through the IVF process, how often you had it? I have been having it once a month for the last 4 months and it has definited regulated my cycles. I am about to start with IVF in three weeks. Any reccomendation or thoughts as to how you may do it differently?

Any advice much appreciated. Im going on monday and wanted to have an understanding of what the plan should be to give me the best support throughout.

Thanks,
fluffy xx

Hi fluffy! I was doing it every other week to regulate cycles also. When I began the IVF process, I continued to go and kept them posted on where I was in my cycle. When it got close to my egg collection, I scheduled an appointment for just before the transfer and directly after. It really calmed me and I'm so glad I did it. I have still been going every other week since the transfer to help sustain the pregnancy. HTH!

Hi fluffy,

I had sessions fortnightly up until I started down regging, then changed to weekly during the down reg and stims. One on day before EC, and then two on day of ET - one before and one after. Your acupunturist should be able to devise a programme for you if you give her dates.

Hope that helps, and wishing you luck for your cycle. :flower:

Thanks both, thats really helpful. I see you are both pregnant too!!! Congratulations, I do hope thats a good sign for me that you both did accupuncture too!!!! Do you mind me asking if you were both lucky first time or whether you did IVF on any previous attempts?

I thought that my accupuncturist would be able to help plan a programme but wanted to be prepared beforehand so that I knew whether it was reasonable or not.

I will see what she says tomorrow when I see her but am thinking weekly from now as I start down regging in 3 weeks and then also just prior to egg collection and eitherside of egg transfer.

I'll post on here what she reccommends after I see her tomorrow. Thanks again for your help xx

You're welcome. My first cycle of IVF was successful. Hoping the same for you! xx

I was lucky enough to get my BFP on my first cycle too. Wishing you the same for your cycle. :hugs:

I don't have any experience in this area but I hope it all works for you and you get your bfp!

Thanks Ladies,

I have just got back from seeing my accupuncturist after work today. We had a lot of catching up to do as since I saw her a month a go I have been to the FS, had an HSG, been referred for IVF and already had my first consultation ready to start this month!

I am going to see her weekly but will form a proper plan when we have more time next week. I feel so much more positive now I have seen her and actually said out loud to her that I will be pregnant by christmas - I sounded almost believable!!!

Good luck Fluffy!!! I've heard so many great things about accupunture that I really do believe it works. My mother even uses it for her back pains. She loves it!

I KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Before Christmas!!!!! We will get our BFP!!!!

Thanks PR for the positive thoughts. I do hope we both get that BFP x

Heya ladies :flower:
i hope you don't mind me dropping in, but i've been searching for this thread as i wanted to offer you my story if it may help?

As most of you know, I've been trying for 5 years, lived in this section for nearly 3 years, and have just had my second round of IVF. With this cycle, i had acupuncture, albeit only twice before ET, but i do feel it helped me. I have great trust in my acupuncturist, and the relaxation alone the acupuncture gave was incredible. I will be continuing with her once i have had my 8 week scan in order to help sustain a healthy pregnancy.

Just wanted to really wish you luck on your journey. I would recommend acupuncture a million times over.

x x x x x

Thanks MrsF, its lovely to hear success stories, its very inspiring. Congratulations too!!

fluffy xx

I have not been recommended for IVF yet I'm having IUI's but this has inspired me to go ahead and make an appt with an accupuncuturist .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->