• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF and exercise?

steph1607

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I start injections tomorrow for my first IVF cycle and as of yet, I haven't asked my doctor or nurse what the deal is with IVF and exercise.

I'm trying to do some research today to prepare myself for the possibility of them telling me to chill out... I don't want it to be a shock to me to be told not to exercise and then come across like a sulky teenager :haha:

I'm a runner - I do a couple of endurance runs every week, but my main thing is track sprinting. Even as I'm writing I'm realising that they are probably going to tell me not to run, but I still have a slight hope!

Anyone been in a similar position or know what my doctor's response might be?

:)

Keep it to light exercise. With stims there is a risk of ovarian torsion with heavy exercise which is very dangerous. You also shouldn't do any heavy lifting before or after transfer (like even vacuuming could be considered heavy lifting). If you wanted to go for light walks that should be fine. Take it easy! This is a major medical procedure!

Oh hey Belle! Thanks for the follow info. I knew around transfer I would be doing nothing, but wasn't sure about the build up. I've just looked up ovarian torsion, how horrendous. I'm sure they will tell me everything tomorrow and in the meantime I should probably tell my coach that I'm out of action for a good month, if not 9! Thank you 😊

I was told walking for exercise only during stims. I did a freeze all and had the same rule after FET in addition to 10 lb lifting restriction.

I think there’s a certain amount of inflammation with exercise that gets you sweating. It also uses energy where you want all energies from your body going into fertility rather than repairing torn muscles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->