IVF Buddies 2012 - all got our BFPs now awaiting the bubbas. Sticking together x

Yay congrats Babies! That is great!

Haha Boyce is already saying when can we have another? :) I'd love another one day, but right now my hands are full! :)

Oh yes I don't want another one yet, in 12-18 months getting pregnant again would be ideal. Would like to get back to work and get mat leave again.

Hello Everyone!!! :wave:
It's been awhile but it sounds like everyone is doing really well. Sorry I haven't been able to get on here but the boys, work and vacation have been keeping me really busy the past few weeks. But as I've been reading and catching up on this thread I realized how much I've miss you ladies. There's just not enough time in the day to do everything that I want to LOL.

I want to send out huge Congrats to Daisy on the birth of Charlie.
Babies congrats to you on your little bundle due in Nov.
Heather Congrats on your little bean to come. It's always great to come on here and hear good news.
And to all the ladies on here Happy Belated Mother's day!!!! I hope you all had a great one.

As for me things are moving right along. The boys had their six month check up this week and are doing great. In fact the doctor is really surprised how strong the boys are considering they were born early. Now that we are finally getting some warm weather I'm starting to take them out more, not for long periods of time just quick runs to the store. They also seem to sleep better when they have an outing during the day.

As for the question if I want to have another baby I have to say some days it's a yes and others it's a no. I think once the boys are a year old I'm going to give it a lot more consideration. As of right now dh is a big fat no with that question but I think once things settle down we'll have to have a serious discussion about it.

Anyway I hope everyone is getting ready to have a great weekend for those of you in the Northeast US is going to be a hot one so stay cool. Take care everyone and talk to you soon. :flower:

Hi buster! Glad to hear the boys are doing well! I've been talking about our "final" baby since Lexi was born literally the same day and hubby always said no but I kept reminding him he promised me that I could have 3 kids, Hannah being the exception of course, and finally yesterday when I mentioned it he turned to me and said "you do always get what you want don't you?" so that was him caving! :yipee: I just don't want the final baby for a while lol... who knows I might change my mind.

Lexi slept 9 hours and 10 mins last night and the two nights before she slept for 7.5 hours! I think a change is finally happening!

Oh wow!! That is very good stretches!!:)

Happy to hear the boys are doing well Buster!:)

Cedrik does on average 6-7hrs stretch and then another 3, but he did a 8hr the other day! He is addicted to my nipple its not even funny I cant leave him to anyone cause he will literally take a fit! Its like he already kbows im his mommy and he knows when im gone!:( yikes!! Im seeing a LC monday so i really hope she helps me! Today i managed to feed him every 2hrs but thats 2 hrs from the time i started bf to the time i start again! So i only get about an hr or an hr and a half! My nipples are very sore so i need some longer breaks! Atleast good thing i get longbstretches at night!

Hi everyone, things are well here. Going back to work a week from Monday :(. Rox, he eats so often probably because he is sleeping so long at night. He still needs his calories and he is not big enough to take large amounts yet. We are in the same boat. She does weigh 9 lbs. 8 oz. So soon she will have a tummy big enough to eat less often. She will take a bottle though and I still pump often so I do get a break.

Yeh Cedrik was 9lbs 14oz thursday so he's most likely over 10lbs now.. For some reason, he wont take the bottle!!! He was bottle fed for the first 6 weeks so its very strange!

Hey ladies! Buster I can't believe they are 6 months, and Baby I can't believe you are headed back to work already...that is crazy, time flies!

Rox and Tiff glad to hear you are having success with longer stretches of sleep at night! Though feeding every 2 hours sounds rough, yikes...Rox I hope your LC will have some ideas, how funny he won't take a bottle anymore?

As for us, Eli is just over a month old and is a little porker! At his dr appointment yesterday he was 9lbs 15oz, so basically 10lbs at one month! He is also 23 inches...he is quite the eater. We have generally kept him on a 3-hr feeding schedule during the day (this was what they suggested at the hospital and we've just kept it up), though sometimes he is hungry earlier and I just feed him earlier. Lately he's dropped to one night feeding which is soooo nice! Boyce gives him a bottle at 10pm, then he goes down until sometime between 3AM and 5AM, then up again at 7AM to start the day. Sleeping through the night will be great when it happens, but we are pretty happy with the current arrangement, it could be much worse! We've been spending a bunch of time at the park, and I've been cleared to lift the stroller and carseat so I am looking forward to being a bit more active with him (as much as we can in this heat!).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
x
Emma

Emma, wow that is a very good weight!! Good job!!:)
Thats pretty good that he only wakes up once at night at only a month!!:)

Great weight Emma! He's growing like a champ :) Lexi didn't start packing on the cute chub till about 1.5 months but she's 12.5 lbs now maybe a little more possibly close to 13 lbs. but it took her nearly a month to get back up to birth weight.

Rox I hope the lc can help you with getting a longer break between feeds. Lexi eats every 3 or so hours in the day sometimes a little earlier but at night now she's doing good. I still pump after she feeds a few times in the day. Now that she's sttn I wake up so engorged that I get up and pump after that early morning feed and can usually get 4-5 oz after feeding her which is good for my freezing goal. I'd like to stop pumping soon but I want to get so many bags frozen just in case and I can't help but think every extra oz I make means 20 more calories burned lol.

Really 20calories every ounce? Drink up Cedrik! Lol
I dont ever pump anymore! This morning though I wanted to pump cause I was full and I find when Im so full Cedrik spits up alot more.. Probly cause it comes in too fast! But then he woke up when I was about to pump so I didnt have time! I just made him burp more often and it helped!
He's been sleeping alot today which is not his normal but ill take it! Probly a growth spurt!

Really 20calories every ounce? Drink up Cedrik! Lol
I dont ever pump anymore! This morning though I wanted to pump cause I was full and I find when Im so full Cedrik spits up alot more.. Probly cause it comes in too fast! But then he woke up when I was about to pump so I didnt have time! I just made him burp more often and it helped!
He's been sleeping alot today which is not his normal but ill take it! Probly a growth spurt!

Yup 20 calories an ounce so ill keep pumping for a while yet since there is no gym for me to go to. Must do yoga tonight or something oh except we're going 4 wheeling. Not sue if ill go or not yet.

Man I need to add in some extra pumping then!!!! I really don't care for pumping, and have dropped down to 15 minutes a day, which gives us enough for one feeding each day plus enough to freeze every 2 days...but I also found out on friday I have 10 lbs to lose yet! I gained 36, have lost 26, but have a ways to go. If pumping can help, maybe we'll start bulking up our freezer stash...! :)

You must be getting a lot when you pump Emma! I usually freeze everyday to every two days about 7 ounces in a bag most of that comes from my first morning pump of the day. I only pump after Lexi eats though. I've debated pumping at night now that I know she's sleeping so long that way I can avoid the engorgement and pumping at 5am. It's 4:40 and I've only pumped once so far so lexi's next two feeds ill have to pump. I'm also not on any more supplements for my milk which is nice. I hated swallowing so many yucky tasting pills a day.

I just brought back the hospital grade pump, should of kept it but in a month i used it once! I have the medela swing but its a single so urghh itll take longer!
How long do you pump for?

Wow when I hear the weights of your babies I feel like my boys are a little bit behind at six months. LOL Alejandro is 14lbs 6oz. and Adrian is 12lbs 10oz. But their adjusted age is about 4 1/2 months so I guess their right on track. And I didn't know that pumping burned so many calories, if I would have known this I might have tried doing it.

Buster they sound fine. Your doc would ler you know if there is an issue. Bug was 9 lb. 8 oz at the doctor on Friday, so almost ten weeks - and she was a term singleton. So they are doing great for twinkies which were a bit early.

I have a lot of frozen milk so I been pumpinh more lately to ramp up my supply as I have heard it can take a dive when I go back to work. Thank goodness I am only going back two days a week.

I pump usually for 5-15 mins each time depending on how long it takes for my let down to occur I usually aim to pump 3 times a day. I've also started pumping off the midnight feed since Lexi is sttn now last night that was 6 oz so I froze two bags yesterday :) if I can keep pumping off that feed to freeze ill hit my goal in no time. As much as I don't want to bring my pump on vacation with me I will. I like the extra calorie burning as well as the extra frozen milk.

Hey ladies, I finally started a journal, not sure how much I'll use it but I thought I'd let you know! Better late than never I guess...! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->