IVF Buddies 2012 - all got our BFPs now awaiting the bubbas. Sticking together x

Yes but birth control shuts down the ovaries to and works as a down regg technically, It's to confusing. Should just be classified by how many weeks you have before it's all done lol. I think mine was just about 4 weeks from start of meds to transfer. 2 weeks of suprefact then 10-12 days of stimms (can't remember which) then trigger then collection then transfer. So I was right then when I said I was long protocol the first time :)

So when is your first injection?

Yes but birth control shuts down the ovaries to and works as a down regg technically, It's to confusing. Should just be classified by how many weeks you have before it's all done lol. I think mine was just about 4 weeks from start of meds to transfer. 2 weeks of suprefact then 10-12 days of stimms (can't remember which) then trigger then collection then transfer. So I was right then when I said I was long protocol the first time :)

So when is your first injection?

Long protocols are like 6 weeks of injections.

My first injection will either be March 16th or April 5th - depends when my period comes. If she cooperates and comes this weekend or early next week then it will be March 16th. If she is late and has a mind of her own then it will be April 5th.

Oh so yay for starting soon! My period was a bit late with the suprefact, it was sooo hard to concentrate on anything but wanting the witch to show.

But I did suprefact with mine and it only took 4 weeks, unless you count the tww then it was 6 but I didn't do injections after 4 weeks. I think my FET will be the same length as my ICSI cycle was to cause i have to down reg with suprefact again. I was really hoping it would be shorter :( Which means I could squeak in with transfer by end of april but it might be beginning of may, close enough. That is if I'm offered treatment next cycle.

I also hate that my clinic doesn't give you a time line until you've been offered treatment. I would have liked to know how long roughly I'd be doing down reg and thickening before transfer just to have an idea of when my due date would be if it worked. I'm a bit on edge cause if it's all go next month then I'll have a Jan due date which is fine except I'm petrified that I'll deliver on my daughters birth/death day.

Why do you have to be offered treatment .... can't you dictate when you do things??

Sadly no, in Calgary there is only one clinic and they have a wait list cause they have so many patients. I think they're moving office at the end of this year to hire more people and offer more cycles but they can only do about 25 cycles a week cause its all their space will let them. Although I was surprised when I found out there was a wait list for FET cause there is no blood work and only one scan and they don't have a wait list for IUI since it's usually no monitoring and just the sperm washing procedure the day of insemination. The wait list for FET and IVF is 2-3 months, next month will be 2 months for us.

Do you guys have many clinic in Toronto?

SO many clinics here in Toronto ... especially when you consider the surrounding area which is all within a driving distance of Toronto - I can think of 12 to 15 almost off the top of my head!!!

That is a lot! I think there are only 2 in alberta, one in calgary which has some of the best success rates in canada and I think the world (I think because they've been open pretty much since the beginning) then there is the clinic in edmonton but it's newer and still establishing it's self. Lots of people come from surrounding provinces and internationally at our clinic which is annoying, people who live in alberta should have first dibs. It's very frustrating cause there is certainly enough demand for more places to open.

Hi Again...Sooo after Springy mentioned it thought I'd introduce myself. Dh and I just finished a falied cycle of IVF (transferred 2/10 - BFN 2/20) and decided to hop right back on the crazy train for back to back cycles. I did use bcp last cycle but we are going to skip that this cycle because I ovulated on it anway (crazy right?). So I am going to have CD 3 bw and u/s tomorrow...and if I am not mistaken I will start stimming tomorrow night. I started stimming Jan 22 for last cycle, stimmed 13 days. Then I triggered 2/3, retrieval 2/5. Transferred a single 1AA blast on day 5 (2/10). With so much hype by everyone in the clinic about our blast we were very disappointed to have a BFN...I guess we thought we are jumping through every hoop it has to work...I knew by 2/15. I just knew in my gut and it was right, 2/20 showed a whole lot of nothing on our beta. So now we are going to try and ride the momentum of the last cycle which yielded 16 eggs, with ICSI performed on 15. In the end we froze three but upon recommendation from the RE, we are going to save those for future use and do another fresh cycle. I will stim with a hefty does of 375 IU of Gonal and 150 IU of Menopur, next add Ganirelix and lastly trigger with Ovidrel x2. I also will use Endometrin and Vivelle dots again for progesterone and estrogen replacement. I also take some other meds for issues...and lastly the z-pak started day before retrieval and Valium for transfer. However, I had a horrible transfer last time and my RE wants to put me completely out since I have complicated anatomy and she needs me to be a wet noodle. Kind of ok with that because last time it took about 20 minutes to thread the cath for transfer and by the end I was in so much pain they had to peel me off the ceiling - and continued to cramp for two days.

So that's my story. We are a little more nervous this time. Having only told a select couple friends what we were doing last round and no family we were still devistated to have to deliver the BFN, so we have decided to not tell anyone about this one. So you ladies are it. Here goes nothing.

I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you've been through quiet a bit.

Welcome babydrms! I just met you on the other thread. So funny you OV on the BCP because I think I did too. I had heavy OV cramps for 2 days right around OV time and it was pretty unmistakable that it was OV. I just thought I was imagining things. I'm going to ask my dr if it matters...damn I should have bd just in case. :dohh:

Springy, looks like we will have EC pretty close together. I think I'm on track for 3/20 but of course it depends on AF.

Kelly...so funny about maybe asking the in-laws for a loan. I've contemplated asking my parents to help with a loan if we get a BFN on IVF. I really don't want them to know what is going on right now so I am going to extend the credit cards as far as they go and hopefully WHEN (PMA) I get my BFP, I'll see if they can help bail me out and I can start paying them back. They really want another grandchild so I think they would help me :)
DH finally went back to work today so hopefully we can get back on our feet

My parents are actually helping my husband and I out. They are willing to give us 5K towards the first and second attempts. Which is a HUGE weight lifted off our shoulders.

My parents are actually helping my husband and I out. They are willing to give us 5K towards the first and second attempts. Which is a HUGE weight lifted off our shoulders.

That is great they are helping out! It's frustrating because we had so much money saved up that would have paid for probably 3 IVFs but w/DH mostly out of work for the past 3 years + he has to pay a lot of child support and college tuition for his daughter, we blew through almost all of our money. I'm working 2 jobs and going back to school part time to get my bachelor's in accounting to make more money. I have a bachelors in psychology but it is pretty much worthless in the business world. But I don't want to put this off because we are not getting any younger. I'm sure everything will work out in the long run but the timing could not be WORSE! And on top of it, all of us going through IVFs realize that if we do get a BFP, with a baby coming your expenses are going to skyrocket so it is not an ideal time to be broke. But we're hoping the love we have for the baby will get us through the financial struggles and the ramen noodle dinners :)
Sorry for the rant...maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket and stop complaining.

I buy a lotto ticket every week and pray that I will win :) Figure I can't win unless I have a ticket!!!! LOL Wouldn't it be nice to win big????

I just found out my insurance decided to pick up 80% of the meds!!! I don't know how but I'm not going to ask. I feel like I just hit the lotto now!!!

I just found out my insurance decided to pick up 80% of the meds!!! I don't know how but I'm not going to ask. I feel like I just hit the lotto now!!!

Don't question it :) only question if they deny stuff!! LOL

Interesting the name of the thread changed after I introduce myself - way to make a girl feel welcome.

It never had the (ER April)...obviously I am not doing my ER in April. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->