IVF Buddies 2012 - all got our BFPs now awaiting the bubbas. Sticking together x

ER in april was always there, I'm not even having egg retrieval so you're more then welcome.

My MIL was going to pay for our first cycle a few years ago when we were first on the wait list without us paying her back, it would have been the only way we could do it but then we conceived naturally. This time we were able to scrounge the money together but it was tough and now we have nothing left. We can afford the 1100 for FET but thats using all the overtime my DH has saved up and our credit line for anything extra.

Looks like we're in the same boat kelly! Thank god for credit cards!

Springy - looks like we'll be taking the same meds, mine should be coming today.

I'm happy for b&b bc on another thread, someone mentioned they ov on the bcp, i had ov cramps the day before but thought i was hallucinating since i'm on bcp. I did a opk yesterday and it came out positive. I told my dr and he is thankful i told him bc it may affect my stim start day. I wouldn't have done a thing if i hadn't heard it happened to someone else. Just another benefit of b&b :)

Looks like we're in the same boat kelly! Thank god for credit cards!

Springy - looks like we'll be taking the same meds, mine should be coming today.

I'm happy for b&b bc on another thread, someone mentioned they ov on the bcp, i had ov cramps the day before but thought i was hallucinating since i'm on bcp. I did a opk yesterday and it came out positive. I told my dr and he is thankful i told him bc it may affect my stim start day. I wouldn't have done a thing if i hadn't heard it happened to someone else. Just another benefit of b&b :)

Wow, that was me that ov'd on bcp. It really makes you wonder why we can't get pregnant - doesn't it?? Mine was only slightly delayed by it, so don't get too concerned. I mean, it sucked at the time but ended up working much better for my work schedule. :shrug:

Did you guys both take bcp at the beginning of your cycle or did you just randomly start part way through? I can see someone ovulating if they started it part way through maybe? But thats still crazy cause you just don't think it's possible.

I'm cd8 today I think... still a long way to go before I can call the clinic. The waiting is the hardest part.

Im starting BCP on CD3 once the witch shows up ...

Did you guys both take bcp at the beginning of your cycle or did you just randomly start part way through? I can see someone ovulating if they started it part way through maybe? But thats still crazy cause you just don't think it's possible.

I'm cd8 today I think... still a long way to go before I can call the clinic. The waiting is the hardest part.

I started bcp on cd4 after cd3 bw came back ok. I don't think it is very common to ov on bcp. I'm going to ask my dr more about it monday. Maybe all the clomid i had the last 3 months had something to do with it.
GL with the wait! It will be here b4 u know it!

Thanks babydrms for the info, i hope it only delays it a day or 2 bc i have no patience as it is! I'm taking this as a divine sign that my body is ready to get pg :)

Marie I don't think it's common either! Maybe the clomid did affect it... I'd be curious to know what you find out from the doc so keep us updated.

Babydrms did you take clomid prior to ovulating on bcp?

Nope, no clomid - nothing. Just ovulated. To be honost, people get pregnant on bc all the time (I know this because I deliver them and I always think they are full of sh!%), and I usually I have nothing but hatred for them :( Even my doc had to laugh when I told her that we hate people like that (she has had IVF herself). BCP fail 1% of the time, and result in pregnancy...so how many more times do people ovulate and it not result in pregnancy? It also changes vaginal secretions to make it inhospitable to sperm and also changes hormones to prevent implantation. It doesn't only work by stopping ovulation...this is just one part. :shrug:

^ I agree. Are you a nurse? I'm an RN and I hate it when people get knocked up on bc too.

Babydrmrs - can't wait for the update on your scan today!!

As for me ... well I'm officially on an April cycle. I apparently need to be on BCP for at least two weeks and then one week off before starting stimulation meds. So I am out for March. Was rather bummed to hear this today, but April will be my month!!!!

Springy I'm happy to have you do it in April with me (if I start), but sad you have to wait of course.

Thanks Kelly! I was pretty upset this evening ... I think part of that was because I am sick too but even DH was upset that they lead us to believe that March was an option.

I have sent an email and asked them to confirm for sure that the April start will be slotted / reserved for me as I know :witch: is going to show up this week at some point.

I'm very happy to have you, I haven't really found anyone who was going to be close to when I went through it and I guess I may still not cycle with you if they make us wait another month. I hate the not knowing when! I think it's better for you to go through IVF healthy though, your body is going to go through a lot, you don't want to deal with all that and be sick. Sending you lots of healthy vibes to get better.

Babydrmrs - can't wait for the update on your scan today!!

As for me ... well I'm officially on an April cycle. I apparently need to be on BCP for at least two weeks and then one week off before starting stimulation meds. So I am out for March. Was rather bummed to hear this today, but April will be my month!!!!

Boo! Sorry you have to wait!

Things are looking good. E2 153 and lead follies is 8 mm...more in my journal.

P.S. Kelly - just realized I never answered - yes, I am a labor and delivery nurse.

Nope, no clomid - nothing. Just ovulated. To be honost, people get pregnant on bc all the time (I know this because I deliver them and I always think they are full of sh!%), and I usually I have nothing but hatred for them :( Even my doc had to laugh when I told her that we hate people like that (she has had IVF herself). BCP fail 1% of the time, and result in pregnancy...so how many more times do people ovulate and it not result in pregnancy? It also changes vaginal secretions to make it inhospitable to sperm and also changes hormones to prevent implantation. It doesn't only work by stopping ovulation...this is just one part. :shrug:

You're right about the bcp, it must be more like 5-10% ov on the bcp if 1% get pg. My nurse said she sees it all the time. My friend just had her 2nd baby on the bcp. We all secretly thought she was lying about not missing a day of her bcp since she is the forgetful type but now I know she was telling the truth. I wish I was using the bcp instead of condoms all these years, I'd probably have a LO right now. lol

My period just showed up after a 10 day cycle, I'm loosing hope of anything ever going right again. FML.

You're right about the bcp, it must be more like 5-10% ov on the bcp if 1% get pg. My nurse said she sees it all the time. My friend just had her 2nd baby on the bcp. We all secretly thought she was lying about not missing a day of her bcp since she is the forgetful type but now I know she was telling the truth. I wish I was using the bcp instead of condoms all these years, I'd probably have a LO right now. lol

lol, your probably right! I just want my money back for all the bc I have ever bought! Clearly, I didn't need it.

My period just showed up after a 10 day cycle, I'm loosing hope of anything ever going right again. FML.

It is still hasn't been that long since your loss, things may take some time to level off with your hormones. :hugs: Don't give up hope.

I agree your body needs some time and is all out of whack. You may find that this next cycle is more normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->