IVF/FET May and June

Had my appointment today.

The baby is doing great. Measuring on track. Strong healthy heartbeat. She said the position of the sac is perfect. All is perfectly well right now. So normally I'd be on cloud 9.

But that second embryo that didn't implant properly is still there. Not sure if it got bigger or what but it is either going to pass through me or get absorbed by my body. Doc said again it shouldn't affect my sticky bean. I pressed her on it though bc I'm concerned. She said it really shouldn't affect it but that she can't say it could never affect it. She said it's possible that when it comes out it could push this one out. But do to the location of the sac, she really does not think that would happen. She told me not to worry bc it's pointless as it could just get absorbed. she also warned me that if it does pass through it will likely scare me. I guess cause of the blood and all. I'm nervous and now am wondering at what point will I not worry about this.

Does anyone know anything about this type of scenario?

Star I would tell you to try not to think about it too much. It's a great sign that sticky bean has a nice heartbeat. Try to stay focused on that instead of thinking about the embryo that didnt make it.

Hang in there!

Star, big congratulations! I know it is hard but I agree with Rebecca. Try to stay positive for your LO. Seeing the HB is always such a relief.

Hiker, not sure if you check this thead anymore, but I saw on another thread the ER went smashing. Congrats!

So far I am going along well. 7w6d and baby is spot on with a HB of 151. Cannot wait to get past the
10 week mark (last mmc) and then hopefully I can relax a tad. Hope everyone is doing well.

Aahh such good news everyone!

Star I'm sorry to hear that you are stressed about that second embie. I hope the matter resolves itself quickly so that you can get on to enjoying your pregnancy!

Star that must be stressful, I hope your body absorbs it! Do you have more follow up appts?

I have another appointment on Thursday and if all is well then I graduate from the fertility clinic. then two weeks later I'll have my first OB appointment.

Time - how are you doing? Any scans coming up?

Mdc - congrats on the scan! So glad everything is going well!

Anyone else have an update?

It's so great to hear how well you girls are doing. I love this thread, it's been so positive!

My update is that I had my 20 week scan last week and... we are having a baby boy!

Ellie - congrats on having a boy!!

Star - that does sound scary and I'm sure it's hard not to be worried. But I think normally everything passes and works out fine. Really hope that's the case.

Bronte - Congrats on your weight loss. Great Job!!

Ellie congrats on the news that you're having a baby boy!!!

Bronte - Congrats on your weight loss. Great Job!!
Thanks. I actually lost most of it before my first IVF but I put some on during the process and relost that. Now I've been stalled for awhile, but still hoping to make progress before our next cycle in January.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Hi all!

How's everyone doing?

Things are going well over here. Just had the NT scan and everything looks good with the LO. It's so nice to get the chance to see the baby!

Quick question - when did you all come off of progesterone and estrogen? Im 11 weeks now and docs office said its okay to stop now. Initially I thought they had said to take it through 11 weeks, but when i called to double check they said to stop at 11 weeks.

I was thinking about this thread last night!
Doing well over here. 12 weeks today!
I stopped all meds (prometrium, estrace, metformin, aspirin) at 10 weeks. Cold turkey. I was nervous that I'd have some spotting but nothing happened.
I bought a fetal Doppler and baby's heartbeat is consistently around 170bpm!

That's great news time! So happy your LO is doing well! And thanks for sharing about when you stopped progesterone and estrogen. I got a little concerned because I was wondering how long I should take it but it's good to hear that you also stopped around the same time. I'm going to by a Doppler. When were you able to first pick up the heartbeat?

I stopped my meds around 11 weeks.
Happy to hear that your babies are both doing well.
Any morning sickness for you gals?

I have a chronic nausea. Today it's been stronger than usual. Fatigue for sure.

Congrats both on all going well.

Star, I found Finlo's heartbeat at about 9.5 weeks, but it was sometimes really hard to find and took up to an hour until after 12 weeks. From 12 weeks, I think he popped out from behind my pubis and I could find it much quicker.

Hi Ladies. Glad to hear everything is well.

I think I stopped my meds somewhere between week 9 and 10. I never bought or used a home Doppler. I have twins and didn't want to stress myself out.

Wishing you both a healthy 6+ more months!

Thank you all for your responses. I have another question.

What position do you sleep in? Have read not to sleep on back and to sleep on left side. Sleeping on left side all night is really hard bc I wake up and really want to move. Is right side okay too?

Also Ellie - at 12 weeks how long would it take you to find heartbeat?

I made a couple of videos of the hb for DH with how long it took to find, so I can answer that precisely!

On 27th August (11+1) it took me 26 minutes.
On 30th August (11+4) it took me 4 minutes and it was usually quite quick after that.
I think it does depend when the uterus emerges from behind the pubic bone.

It's fine to lie on your right side. If I stay too long on one side, I get terrible hip ache. The best thing I ever bought was my maternity pillow, like a great big upside down U shape you can lie in and put between your legs. My backache is so much better since I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->