IVF/FET May and June

Hello new ladies. Welcome.

Iloveme; I've done 2 fresh cycles, one short one long protocol. One with lots of issues, one perfectly straightforward.

Beneathmywing; be nice if you fell naturally in the 3 months. Wishing you lots of luck.

AFM: I have surgery a week Thursday. Starting to feel very nervous about it even though I've had 3 before!

Hello new ladies. Welcome.

Iloveme; I've done 2 fresh cycles, one short one long protocol. One with lots of issues, one perfectly straightforward.

Beneathmywing; be nice if you fell naturally in the 3 months. Wishing you lots of luck.

AFM: I have surgery a week Thursday. Starting to feel very nervous about it even though I've had 3 before!

Thanks! I have a baseline scan today.. even though I am ttc naturally I will still be monitored fx!

Good luck on the surgery!!!!

MrsB- after almost a year of TTC we met with an RE. He suspected MF. After an SA he told us to try an IUI. After the sperm wash we were told the numbers were way to low and IUI's are a waste of time and money.
So, the next month we did IVF/ICSI. We got about 20 eggs and then ended up with 11 fertilized 5 day embryos. We transferred 2 and I got pregnant with a singleton and then miscarried at 9 weeks.
How many IUI's to do? I guess it would depend on your diagnoses.

Beneath- although it's hard to have a diagnoses and have a "real problem" it's nice that there is a reason for the troubles. I was so relieved when we were diagnosed with MF. I knew that there is something that could B done for us! I really hope you can conceive naturally and don't need to deal with treatments!

Iloveme-wow 6 IUI's that is a lot!! I've only done 2 real rounds of treatment (iui and IVF) and I found them so stressful especially with the monitoring appointments!
I'm sorry for your miss, I had one too just recently. They're a real bummer especially since it's so hard to get pregnant in he first place!

@Rebecca im sorry for your loss as well, it just doesn't get easier month after month of stress, and mentally plus physically draining. I would have never done 6 if it wasn't covered. I have unlimited iui coverage but im not doing anymore. I rather take me chance and do iui because of the success rates.

MrsB- after almost a year of TTC we met with an RE. He suspected MF. After an SA he told us to try an IUI. After the sperm wash we were told the numbers were way to low and IUI's are a waste of time and money.
So, the next month we did IVF/ICSI. We got about 20 eggs and then ended up with 11 fertilized 5 day embryos. We transferred 2 and I got pregnant with a singleton and then miscarried at 9 weeks.
How many IUI's to do? I guess it would depend on your diagnoses.

Beneath- although it's hard to have a diagnoses and have a "real problem" it's nice that there is a reason for the troubles. I was so relieved when we were diagnosed with MF. I knew that there is something that could B done for us! I really hope you can conceive naturally and don't need to deal with treatments!

Iloveme-wow 6 IUI's that is a lot!! I've only done 2 real rounds of treatment (iui and IVF) and I found them so stressful especially with the monitoring appointments!
I'm sorry for your miss, I had one too just recently. They're a real bummer especially since it's so hard to get pregnant in he first place!

I agree! I am so sorry for your loss as well Hun :(

Hi ladies, I've had a crazy week! So my period never arrived, I am not sure why. They did tests and it shows my period will arrive any day. But so far nothing since my D&C over 2 months ago.
On a side note, we decided to see a urologist to diagnose the cause of DH's very low numbers. Turns out that his hormone levels are low and they put him on Clomid. Well, I was through the moon that things would end up normal. But, based on what I've been hearing, with counts as low as his there's a good chance that the count will barely increase. He's already in the single digits and even if they rise slightly well stil need IVF.
So... That was my crazy week :)

How are you all doing?

@Rebecca ive heard clomid working for sperm count, hopefully it can get at least over 10mil and you will be okay. one lady in my other forum husband had 5 mil and it worked for her. so there is always still hope.

AFM went to see RE and we discussed trying to finance IVF, which I will do by the end of this month. if I don't get that she wants to try iui with injections starting with the lowest dosage. I explained to her I will be moving within the next month or so and don't want to risk moving and TTC not a good mix. I will however still try naturally if it happens it happens if not ill be okay. but I will still be here for updates. I have to say this months break is an actual relief, those hormones drive me crazy.

@iloveme the finance part is tricky. IVF +moving sounds difficult! Will you be moving housing or to a new city?

Over 10mil can we conceive naturally or do we still need some form of ART? I think his number was 1 when he had a wash by our last cycle. So a jump from 1 to 10 seems like a big jump.
I guess we'll see what happens when he goes for a repeat SA in May.

@Rebecca so ive heard. my insurance pays about 4,000$ of it so I wont need the full coverage for IVF just the meds and a few other things. I will be doing the 2 for 1 price with ARC. if I don't get it I will have DH try as well as they don't let ppl co-sign. but ill give it a try if not back to iui for me I get unlimited of them. I pray everything can go as planned. im moving just in a new apartment. but as far as decorating and getting new furniture and things I don't want to do it and TTC. I know myself I like full control when it comes to decorating lol, DH just helps

I would still use Assistance even if it rises just to increase your chances. fx for you on your next SA

Hi Ladies!

How are we all doing?

@4magpies how was your surgery? I hope you are doing well!

Afm- nothing going on. Waiting waiting waiting.

Surgery was fine. Had both of what was left of my tubes clipped. Fully recovered now and had my stitches out. 8 days of the pill left then my bleed and off we go!

@4mag Glad to hear that the surgery went well. and soon back to TTC.

@Rebecca same boat, just the waiting game. its not as bad as a TTW I have to say.

AFM- scheduled to see a new RE as my mother in law insists she doesn't want us to do iVF due to the cost. But im wiling to do it. Appointment is for April 18th depending on what this RE says will help me determine my next steps.

side note: Am I the only one counting down the days on the calendar and future due dates? lol

@becca happy to hear that you're healing nicely. Sounds very unpleasant! What's your next step?
@iloveme I would be pissed if my mother in law got involved, happy to know that you're more open minded than me!
Afm- I'm going to the re tomorrow for monitoring since I still haven't had my period since my December 1 D&C. My assumption is that they will give me medication to bring on a period.
I think we're aiming for April or May for an FET.
I agree. Tww is way worse than this!!

@Rebecca she has suffered with infertility for 8 years herself, and the doctor who helped her is who she just wants me to consult with. she's actually very supportive being that she's been through the same as me. but she respects my decisions. how was you scan?

@iloveme oh, that makes more sense. You're lucky to have her!!
Well my mother in law went through about 5-6 years of infertility after she had 3 children. She once told me sister in law that she felt like what she had was worthless because we didn't have more kids. Since she knew we've been doing treatments she has not been empathetic or supportive at all.
My scan was uneventful. They want to me check progesterone again on Tuesday and then have a saline sonogram. Never a dull moment with If :)

@Rebecca wow that's very insensitive sorry to hear that. very uneventful I just hope this year we all get our beautiful angels.

Rebecca - I stop the pill Wednesday then have a bleed and start DR CD21!

Thanks Rebecca for starting this thread. I will be doing my sixth ivf once I lose 5.8 kg. This will probably be my last ivf cycle either way.

I am happy to say after five ivf I have one daughter but my fertility is so low it would be a miracle to get lucky again!

My problem is endometriosis and extremely low reserve. Last Successful cycle only had two eggs one is my daughter and the other one turned into a blastocyst. We transferred it last month unsuccessful!

Looking forward to reading all the stories. Don't think we will be cycling until May!

@Unlucky I wish you all the best with your iVF and hope God blesses you with another angel. may I ask what meds did you take during your iVF cycles? have you tried different meds to see how your body reacts to them? and hopefully we will be iVF buddies in MAy if everything goes as planned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->