IVF/FET May and June

Rachy all the best for your next cycle! My RE suggested pgd too but I said no. We only ever get one or two embyros I rather they just can transferred back with all the cost etc.

Rebecca hope your hsg goes well! So sorry that you have to wait a little longer. Waiting really sucks !

Fern my RE thinks hard exercise is no good for egg quality. Your vitamin lists looks good I take cq10 and vitamin e

Hey ladies, I am hoping that I can join. I know some of you are right in the April cycle already and I wish everyone luck.
A little about me. Ltttc for 5 years, 6 failed IUIs in the last year and now moving onto IVF.
Was undiagnosed or the dreaded "unexplained" for most of the 5 years, but now finding out hubs has fragmentation, motility and count issues which we are trying to balance with vitamins. Kinda weird since they gave is the green light on him awhile back, but oh well. Nothing we can do now eh?

Going private IVF funding in Ontario so we don't have to wait another year to start. Looks like we are stinging paper work this week and will be starting the short protocol may cycle .... So kind of freaking out.
Any suggestions on what diet to do or anything to make me feel like I am in control on something??? Lol

Welcome myshelsong,
First thing is first, you have no control! Lol! Your body is in total control. I would say to increase your protien, and just make sure your making healthy choices, and stay hydrated. But that's about all the control you have. I think that's one of the hardest things about ivf, everyones journey is different because our bodies are so different. So there is no way of knowing anything! GL!

Myshelsong, what's the private funding? I'm. In Ontario too. Did you get OHIP funding?

Sorry, what I meant to say is we are paying for the IVF out of pocket, not going through the public funded program. Our clinic has over a year wait list for health care funded.

Hi myshelsong, welcome to the party!

What's the cost of IVF in Ontario?
I definitely would do the same thing if I was in your position, a year is a long time to wait. I find a few days wait terrible. Let us know when you will be doing the cycle so I can update the list on the first page of the thread.

Afm- hysteroscopy scheduled for Wednesday. We did a pregnancy loss panel and we will have our results by Monday. I've pretty much been a basket case so eager to get the results.

Wow, that's a long wait. My clinic doesnt have that long of a wait. I guess it was left up to the clinics to manage their funding so my clinic does a max of 8 funded cycles per week, first come first serve. So I had to call them on day 1 and hope we could start that cycle. I was considered somewhat priority since I had surgery to get to that point and they didn't want to compromise me by waiting. But then someone had to cancel and that opened up a position anyways so I was in. It was great not to have to pay for it the first round but we have to pay from now on, since we have nothing left over from round 1. Had I not been able to start that week I think we were looking at a 6 to 8 week wait (from the rumours I have heard).

We will be doing ivf + icsi which costs $7500, plus meds (which was close to $4000 last time, thank goodness for drug plans), and then if there any any embryos to freeze it costs $1000 or more depending on the number to freeze and then annual storage fees after that (I think around $500)

Our clinic doesn't have any of the packages deal I see a lot of people talking, like the ones with guaranteed refunds. I assumed it was a regulation in Canada.

We are at 9000 for the icis IVF plus medication. That does include the storage fee for one year though and it is with taxes so .... I guess it is about average?
We have enough saved for two rounds but really really hoping that it takes on the first obviously.
Will let you know when we have the date for sure so I can be on the list. Will find out soon!

Good luck Rebecca on the test. I had one last year. Hoping you get your results fast Hun!

Froggy just read your signature, I am also a bfp virgin! Fingers crossed we are almost there!

I agree a year is a long time! My clinic works with a financing company called arc. We didn't purchase the refund package, but we got 2 fresh 2 frozen cycles, and added on icsi. All together is 21,500.00 and that doesn't include thousands for meds, and 5000 for genetic testing and the 500 a year for storage. We also had to pay another 650.00 for them to store some of dhs sperm, because my Dr was worried that on the day we wouldn't have any and wanted to make sure we had back up. It really is crazy how much we have to pay to get pregnant!! And that doesn't even include our iuis we paid for oop!

I'm also in the U.S., Froggyfrog and our package for 2 fresh, unlimited frozen (with ICSI and PGS) is going to be around $27,000. But you can get a 50 percent refund if it doesn't work. The same package for no rufund is $2,700 cheaper. It definitely feels like gambling to me and is hard to choose. That doesn't include meds.

For those that are in the U.S., did you do much searching around for the various pharmacies to find meds cheaper to at least help with that cost?

It is so expensive and it makes me sad that we all have to go through this.

Our insurance covers most of the cost, once we've met our deductible we get $15,000 for actual procedures (retrieval, FET, transfers) monitoring and medications are covered under regular medical

That's awesome your insurance covers so much. I feel like it should be standard and it's frustrating that it's not.

I'm still trying to figure out if medicine is. I'm assuming that since nothing else is that it won't be. That's my goal soon is to figure out all the medicine situation and what's covered, if any.

I have a question about freezing embryos.
My clinic told us to think of having any left over as a bonus, and most people don't get any. They do the freezing on day 6 if some certain development milestones are met. (I had 8 embryos fail and we're thrown out).
But I read all of these stories of people having like 10 embryos frozen. Do other clinics freeze earlier, like day 3?
Im so confused why some people have so many left over to freeze!

Timetorry My clinic freezes at day 5 and day 6. They only freeze good quality embryos. Imo it's kind of odd that your clinic says most people don't have left over embryos.

Bronte I would call your insurance and give them a list of some of the med used and see what they say. Some of our stuff was actually covered with a 100 dollar copay, and they cover nothing to do with infertility

Thanks Froggyfrog, that makes me excited at least some meds might be covered. I was really hoping something would be! That's my goal to call insurance with everything once I have a list of the meds that will be used. Because I know it can depend on what pharmacy is used as well.

Timetotry - I really hope you have better luck in your next round. It does seem to vary so much how many embryos people end up with to freeze. I'm sure a lot of it is due to reasons for needing IVF in the first place, since there's so many factors at play. Fx for you.

Thanks Froggyfrog, that makes me excited at least some meds might be covered. I was really hoping something would be! That's my goal to call insurance with everything once I have a list of the meds that will be used. Because I know it can depend on what pharmacy is used as well.

Timetotry - I really hope you have better luck in your next round. It does seem to vary so much how many embryos people end up with to freeze. I'm sure a lot of it is due to reasons for needing IVF in the first place, since there's so many factors at play. Fx for you.

My meds are only covered at 1 specific mail order pharmacy. If I were to get them filled at Walgreens or cvs they would not be covered.
Also, according to what I understand insurance companies are obligated to pay for fertility treatment up to a certain dollar amount. I'm not sure the ins and outs buts I would definitely call your insurance company. Perhaps it pays to switch to a different plan even if paying a high premium, to get the coverage. Keep in mind that deductibles can be really night but it can make sense if you crunch the numbers properly.

Timetotry- we froze 9 on day 5. I think we had 11 but they only froze 9 because 2 of them were not good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->