IVF/FET May and June

Thanks Star! We plan to transfer two as we are hoping for twins and not have to go through this process again. We will freeze the rest if they are a good quality in case my fiancé does not get a boy this round. I could care less about the sex, I jus want a beautiful healthy child.

Is anyone else hoping for a particular sex?

1more chance fx you get twins. Keep us updated. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the support ladies!!

Hiker, how did it go? You have been in my thoughts all morning. I hope everything went well.

My transfer went well. We transferred 2 embies. My doc said that we had 5 that were excellent quality and to be prepared for twins. He froze 3 and said he will be checking the quality of the other 9 and is pretty sure he will get a few more with excellent quality to freeze.

I go in for blood work on 8/5 and for pregnancy test on 8/10. So now it's the waiting game.

I must admit that although we said we wanted twins to not have to go thru this process again, the reality and possibility of it all has us very nervous. 1 step at a time though. First step is for them to stick and then I can worry about everything else after.

Thanks for all of the support ladies! My transfer went well. We transferred 2 embies. My doc said that we had 5 that were excellent quality and to be prepared for twins. He froze 3 and said he will be checking the quality of the other 9 and is pretty sure he will get a few more with excellent quality to freeze.

I go in for blood work on 8/5 and for pregnancy test on 8/10. So now it's the waiting game.

I must admit that although we said we wanted twins to not have to go thru this process again, the reality and possibility of it all has us very nervous. 1 step at a time though. First step is for them to stick and then I can worry about everything else after.

The waiting is by far the hardest part for me.
Good luck!! Can't wait to hear about your beta on 8/10.
Will you poas earlier?

1 more. Those are great results and sounds like you have a really good chance of success. Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Great news 1more! Keep your feet warm :) hope they both stick!

Hiker- thinking of you x

wow 1morechance! that is such excellent news! fx! keep us updated! good luck, good luck!

afm - went in for an appointment. still no growth. but estrogen level did go up a little bit. she said there are about 20 follicles that look nice (not sure what nice means though), but they are all <10mm. we are upping the dose to 125iu. as of today, i have been stimulated for 10 days (7 of those days i was on 75 iu and 3 of those days were 100iu). my next appointment is wednesday and she says she really thinks we will start to see some in the 10-12mm range. its hard to tell when retrieval will be, but i guess if she had to guess, she thinks it would be by the end of next week.

is it unusual to not have any growth at all after 10 days of stimulation? i mean my dose has been very low. she didn't seem worried. but i am.

So our embryo slowed just like last time. It was only a 10 cell and we transferred it. So I am stunned and just going to wait for AF to come so we can just get this over with.

Star, that sounds just like my experience. It's really hard not to compare with people who are retrieving by now, but look how my slow growth has worked out.
These are my scan results:

Stim day 8 (alternating 75iu and 150iu gonal-f)
Lining: "perfect" (forgot to ask for numbers).
Left and right ovaries each have 3 measuring 8-9mm and another ten on each measuring around 6mm.
No dose increase.

Stim day 11
Lining: 8.4
Left ovary: 10, 10, 10, 9, 8x6mm
Right ovary: 10, 10, 9, 7, 15x6mm
Dose increased to 150iu daily.

Stim day 14 (150iu)
Lining: 11mm.
Follies - 1x15mm, 7ishx10-13mm and 20+ x6mm
Dose upped to 225iu and next scan on Sunday.

Stim day 17 (225iu)
Lining 13.3mm
Left ovary: 10.9, 11.2, 11.2, 15.2, 17.6.
Right ovary: 9.1, 11.2, 12.5, 13.1, 14.9, 17.7, 18.9.
Trigger tonight!

Hiker, I'm sorry the growth slowed, but I'm praying your embie sticks. Try to have some hope if you can. It's so hard to, I know, but try to relax and trust that your embie still has a chance.

:dust:

Hiker I'm sorry it slowed but I really hope it rallies inside you and you get a much deserved surprise bfp! Thinking of you.

Star I'm sure they will just adjust your dose and they will start growing - perhaps call them and explain your worry...

Hiker don't count yourself out quite yet. There's still a chance!

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I know it has only been a day but I have a good feeling about this transfer. I will update you all as soon as I receive the beta results on 8/10.

Rebecca822 - I plan to wait until the beta and not test before then (unless anxiety gets the best of me :)

Hiker - I am so sorry that your embie slowed growth however I think it was a great idea to transfer anyway as you are giving it a chance to continue to grow in your body. Hoping and wishing with all of my heart for your miracle. When is your beta?

Star - I agree with elliecain. You cannot compare your experience to anyone else as we all respond differently. I am sure your doctor will find the right dose to get your follies growing. Keep us posted :)

Did anyone with a bfp know they were pregnant (symptoms/feelings) prior to their beta?

Hiker - I hope the embie being in your uterus helps it along. I'll send positive thoughts your way.

Star - I think that is a little slow stimming, but like everyone said you can't compare yourself to others. Besides, they might take off like crazy here in the next few days. 20 follies sounds like a good start - best of luck.

1more - The only thing I experienced early with my BFP was pressure in my abdomen. The only way I can describe it was like a full bladder feeling (without the full bladder). It was actually bothersome off and on (esp at night) for a few days and then got better. It was the strangest thing and I have never before had a feeling like that. Other than that, I didn't have anything else. No sore boobs, etc.

1more, my Beta is 8/10 for me as well. Hoping at least you get a bfp!

Hi gals!
I just got back from vacation. I hope everyone is doing well.
Right now, I don't know how to feel. I think we will be taking an extra month off before FET, for 3 months instead of 2. Our FET was supposed to start the end of this month. There's a part of me that wonders if I should take another month more even, and work on myself physical and mentally. I'm not comfortable in my skin anymore, would like to lose some of the weight I've gained during all of these treatments, and frankly, just try to mend the relationship with my body and myself. I don't trust 'her' anymore, she's let me down so much.
But at the same time, I don't want to lose anymore precious time. I hate wasting time.
I'm can't seem to find the right word for how I'm feeling. Jaded... Apathetic?? Found out someone else is expecting, one of the announcements I've been dreading, but my response was nothing. Not even a muscle flinch in my face. I think I told my husband 'see, I told you that would happen'. Obviously I found out third hand and didnt react like this to the couple.... I will feign some sort of happiness and excitement and interest when they tell me themselves. I'm glad for the heads up though.
I feel like this whole infertility thing has robbed so much of myself. I feel like I'm a pretty miserable bitch more often then I would like to be, and have no patience for anything anymore. Poor hubby.
I don't know how to get to a happier place while still chasing this fleeting dream.

We meet with our RE to chat about the next steps, in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->