IVF/FET May and June

Thanks Rebecca. The on call doc suggested a couple options #1-estrogen inj...but both my regular doc and myself think I just do not respond to exogenous estrogen so I vetoed that idea #2 could do a light stim cycle, trigger and waste the eggs and transfer. This one is an option as it is cheaper, but I think I am leaning to option 3 #3 just do another fresh IVF, transfer the frostie and maybe get an egg or two for freezing. I know the last option kind of leaves me in limbo bc if that is the only thing that works (fresh IVF) then in order to get a sibling I have to get more frosties. However, that bridge is so far away so we will cross that one when we get there. Luckily this next month should work for a IVF cycle with minimal work travel. I will likely have to miss one meeting but the person running it went through 4 IVF cycles with his wife so he will understand.

Wow Mdc, best of luck in your journey. I'm sorry that you couldn't transfer again....how frustrating!

Mdc, so sorry you were cancelled. Sounds like you were all pumped up and ready to go!! Well at least you still have your frostie and can bank some more the next round and get your lining exactly where it needs to be. What a letdown though. :(

For me, my egg retrieval on Wednesday! Today's stats: E2: 1951, Follicles: 22,19,18,16,14,14. I think things are looking good! Fingers crossed!

Mdc - so sorry you had to end up cancelling. Hoping it will turn out for the best. Totally just curious why they will likely transfer the frozen during the fresh cycle and not the fresh embryos?

Hiker - so happy for you and keeping my fingers super tight. I got a good feeling for you!

Thanks everyone.

Bronte, the frozen is pgs normal so we have the best shot. Although I guess I should also think about what if we for some reason need to transfer fresh. We do not have 24hr pgs at my clinic, but guess I could do what froggy did. More pondering is needed I guess.

Oh, makes sense then. I think I'm doing what Froggy did for my next round as well. She's a PGS trend setter :)

Mdc, seems like you have a good option. Would you consider transferring two so you don't need to worry about a sibling down the line?

Mdc, you know I'm right by your side, feeling your pain. You have been so patient and that patience will be rewarded. This is the last hurdle, then it's your turn.

Hiker, those are great numbers, hopefully you will get 6 good eggs. I got 6 eggs and look where I am now! I'm crossing everything for you!

:dust: to everyone.

Rebecca I would do two embryos! I kind of wanted to initially. The only problem is only one on ice now. Silly insurance will only pay for a fresh if the frozen is used, so unless something happens one it is. Maybe since it is already hatching it will split anyways :haha:

Good luck Bronte and you have this next cycle. When are you starting again?

Hiker, are you getting excited about your retrieval?

I feel as if this thread has been so lucky and everyone is getting knocked up. Which is so great! Am I forgetting anyone else that is still stimming or waiting to stim?

Mdc you're right it has been a super lucky thread :) I hope the luck continues for the rest of you.
Is it possible to do 1 fresh with 1 frozen?

Mdc - whatever you decide to do. I really hope it works for you!

I'm not sure when I will start the next cycle. I'm not talking to my doc until Aug. 10. My goal was to start at my next period which should be end of August. But I'd rather it be a good cycle with good results. So if I have to wait to try several things to improve egg quality, I will. I just wish I knew what to do for sure. I'm impatient, but I want results as well. I really wish I had more answers from this cycle to help with the next one.

I have an appointment to talk with the doctor that oversaw my care for this cycle tomorrow, so hopefully I have more answers at least so know what is the most likely way I will proceed.

Mdc, yes very excited! Any last tips about what I can do today...and tomorrow before/after retrieval? I had acupuncture this morning. Debating whether to do yoga tonight. I got lots of gatorade!

The best tip I was given was to smile. For the next few days, you need to picture your womb as one big smile. You will feel anxious and stressed at times and that is ok, but try to do things that make you happy to counteract the stress. You'll do fine, I quite enjoyed the retrieval/transfer time. Good luck xxx

Best of luck Hiker! The only other thing I did was a heating pad, lots of good binge worthy tv, I have also heard salty French fries to help with the bloat. Days after make sure to keep up on the protein to also help.

Cannot wait to hear your numbers!

Hi all good luck hiker!! Can't wait to hear your news. I ate lots of protein and drank lots of water - I couldn't really rest as had to go back to work the next day. I think just do what feels right for you :)

Good luck today hiker!!

And to you too mdc... hope with my whole heart that the doctors find the magic mix to thicken your lining enough.

Xx

Hi all - hoping I can join your thread. After 3 failed iuis this year, my doctor, fiancé and I decided to move on to ivf. I had a retrieval of 23 follies this morning and am awaiting a call from the nurse tomorrow to advise how many fertilized. If all goes well I will have my first ivf transfer on 8/1/16. I am very nervous and excited and thought it would be a good idea to talk to others who are going thru similar/same experience.

I recognize a few names from previous threads and am very happy to hear they are expecting.

Congrats myshelsong and rq120 as well as everyone with bfps and good luck and baby dust to everyone else still trying!!

Welcome 1more. IVF is exciting and daunting and pretty cool. 23 is a great number, I hope you got a great fert rate and can transfer a good blast. From my recent experience, you'll be glad of a support forum during the turbo 2ww that's coming up!

Hi all - hoping I can join your thread. After 3 failed iuis this year, my doctor, fiancé and I decided to move on to ivf. I had a retrieval of 23 follies this morning and am awaiting a call from the nurse tomorrow to advise how many fertilized. If all goes well I will have my first ivf transfer on 8/1/16. I am very nervous and excited and thought it would be a good idea to talk to others who are going thru similar/same experience.

I recognize a few names from previous threads and am very happy to hear they are expecting.

Congrats myshelsong and rq120 as well as everyone with bfps and good luck and baby dust to everyone else still trying!!

Welcome!! Thanks for the note of congrats.

That is a great number for retrieval. I hope you have success in your cycle! I'm looking forward to updates.

Hiker - really hope it went well.

1more - welcome. Sounds like you had a great retrieval. Hope you get a good fertilization report and some good embryos that develop well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->