IVF/FET May and June

Hi all, just popping in to let you know we got 4 eggs yesterday. Drank tons of gatorade and lived on the couch. It was a nice day to spend with my hubby. Unfortunately they called today to tell me only 1 fertilized. 3 were injected via ICSI (I guess 1 was immature) but only 1 of the 3 made it so far. I really want to stay positive for it to stick around until day 5 but I know the odds are likely not in our favor, so I'm just feeling pretty bummed. DOR sucks.

Hiker - will they not consider doing a day 3 transfer? I know some clinics only do day 5 transfers (my clinic was one of those)

Hiker - will they not consider doing a day 3 transfer? I know some clinics only do day 5 transfers (my clinic was one of those)

I don't think they're opposed to 3 day, but they say that 3 day doesn't improve success rates, and if the embryo won't make it to 5 day, it won't likely to make it in the body anyway. I'll hopefully know more once the nurse calls me this afternoon and we see how this one grows or doesn't to decide what to do.

Well I got the call on day 2 and only 2 were going strong so they put them both back in that same day. I was told that they do stand a better chance back inside you than being left to develop. If I were you, if push to have them back in asap if possible.

Well I got the call on day 2 and only 2 were going strong so they put them both back in that same day. I was told that they do stand a better chance back inside you than being left to develop. If I were you, if push to have them back in asap if possible.

I hear you Ellie, but mine clinic doesn't do it that way, and they won't be pulled from incubation to be checked again until Saturday (day 3) anyway. It's likely that your 2 would have made it to day 5 in the incubator. They just keep telling me, there is no increase in success to transfer earlier, and if they have issues after day 3, they would have in the body too. Don't think I have much of a choice here unfortunately.

I'll be thinking of you over the next few days. You only need 1 and this one is going to be so strong and make a beautiful blast.

Hiker thinking of you! It's so very annoying that these things are never straight forward but as Ellie said it only takes one I hope this is your 'one' will they do a 3 day transfer or is it 5 or nothing? That's really strict if it is as I have seen quite a few ladies with 3 day transfers getting positives :( fingers crossed for you! When will they next call you?

Fx that your 1 turns into a strong blast and then into a healthy baby Hiker! Xxxx

Hiker best of luck. Keep praying! It could definitely still happen for you and I sending positive thoughts your way.

Sending you lots of positive vibes hiker! Got everything crossed that your little embie stays strong xxx

Thanks all! I'll be hearing tomorrow how things are or are not developing.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!

Hiker, I agree that it only takes 1 to make it to day 5. Keeping everything crossed that this 1 is strong.

I received a call from my nurse yesterday and she advised that out of the 23 follies retrieved, 19 were mature and 13 fertilized. If they continue to grow, I am scheduled for a transfer on 8/1. Nurse will call me tomorrow to let me know how they are progressing. If all goes well, we plan to transfer 2 and freeze the rest. Although I would love to have twins (assuming they both will stick) to not have to go through this stressful process again, I was diagnosed with a short and incompetent cervix when I got pregnant with my daughter and was hospitalized for 6 months so I am afraid my body may not be able to carry 2.

Hi all - I would very much like to join your thread. I know some of you from other threads. and have learned so much from you and from the bnb community.

i started my first ivf cycle a few days ago. been ttc #1 since january. due to pcos I only Oed once since then. it was a failed iui cycle. im currently on a low gonal-f dose b/c doc says pcos is tricky to control. i was really overwhelmed a few days ago b/c i knew very little about ivf and it was just a big decision to go for it due to the cost (my insurance does not cover ivf). i've calmed down since then and am taking one day at a time. learning a little bit more each day and hoping for the best.

sending everyone still trying the warmest wishes for a bfp. and congrats to those expecting.

Welcome to the group star. You're in the right place :) IVF is a fast learning curve, but you will be fine. Ask as many questions as you need to and make sure you have a reliable contact person at your clinic. I had the mobile number and email address of my amazing nurse and she was such a source of strength and advice for me.

I was on very low dose gonal-f too, due to PCO. In the end, I needed to stim for 17 days and didn't get a massive number of eggs and only 2 embies. Don't worry if you don't get the progress you might hope for... eyes on the final outcome :) xx

Just got word that my one is still progressing normally! I cant believe it! Although last round, my 2 were fine on day 3 and then on transfer day they told us they both slowed and obviously that ended in a BFN. Still I'm going to stay positive until there's a reason to not be. Transfer has been scheduled for Monday.

1more, that is a great fertilization! We must be on the exact schedule. Let us know how they are progressing today. I'll be thinking of you Monday and take comfort that I'm not alone.

Star e, welcome to this thread! These gals are the ivf experts so it's a great place to hang out and get your questions answered.

thank you elliecaine! and congrats on your bfp! so glad to be able to have a place to ask questions, learn and share.

so far i have been stimming for 9 days. as of the 8th day i had no growth on a dose of gonal-f 75. so doc increased dose to 100 and i took that last night and will do that through the weekend. next appointment is on monday. hopefully i'll have some growth by then.

we decided not to do the icsi b/c DH's sperm came back normal and it costs a lot more to do it. we are not doing pgs either b/c of cost. doc is also not giving me any other drug other than gonal-f.

hiker fx for you!

I didn't get much growth on 75iu either. It took a couple of increases (150iu from stim day 11 then 225iu from stim day 14) to see proper growth. The lower dose started them off, but there were so many that they were nervous to overstim. I've read a lot recently about slow, gradual growth creating better quality eggs, so you're doing fine.
DH's sperm came back fine until a last minute SA showed antibodies, hence the ICSI. Probably why we struggled to conceive all that time. Combined with my natural killer cells, it was always going to be assisted conception for us. I'm so glad I decided to do it when I did, even though we had to pay the whole cost out of pocket. I know my body and I knew something wasn't working.

Anyway, hopefully Monday will show great growth for your follies. Drink plenty of water, eat lots of protein and, if you like them, now's the time for an avocado a day! I'm hooked and still doing it now. Think they might be my first craving. Oh, and nerds, after my ticker told me all last week that my baby was the size of a nerd!

Welcome star!! I know this journey can be long and frustrating however we are all here
for you!

Yay hiker!!! Fingers crossed that your embie continue to progress in the right direction. It's fantastic to know that we are cycle buddies! We can support each other during the dreadful 2ww. I am hoping 8/1 will be a magical day for the both of us and we will both have bfps at our next appointments!

I received a call from my nurse today advising my embies are continuing to grow and I am scheduled for transfer on 8/1 at 10:30am. Apparently I was supposed to go in for blood work this morning to determine how my body is responding to the vivelle patches and progesterone however, someone forgot to deliver that message so I am going in tomorrow for blood work and am hoping my body is responding the way it should as there is really no time for adjustments since I am scheduled for transfer the very next day.

thanks elliecaine - an avocado a day sound great to me :) i'll start to drink more water. i don't drink the 8 cups a day, but i'll make it a point to try harder to get them in. im pretty sure that i'll be doing a slow, gradual growth protocol, so i am glad to know that you've read good things about it.

1morechance - congrats on the news your embies are progressing. fx for your transfer. how many embies will you transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->