IVF First Round Buddies? April/May!

222excited, my next u/s is tomorrow to hear the HB! :)
And thats awesome ur triggers already out! Many women test theirs out 6-8 days after the trigger. Looks like ur one of them! At least now when its your OTD, you'll know for sure that its not the trigger. Yay! ;) How are u feeling? Have you had any cramping or anything that pops out to you? I know u can't actually symptom spot, as the trigger/progesterone will def cause plenty of pregnancy symptoms on their own but I know I had a couple very dif things that stuck out to me. Dont feel out if u haven't tho! Sooo many women feel nothing what so ever after IVF and have extra sticky beans. :) FX for you!!!

Good luck at the U/s tomorrow, aidens!!!! So exciting!!!!

Thanks Wish2BMom...and congrats on your bfp..wish you a happy and healty pregnancy.
Aidens, how exciting that you will hear hb tomorrow. Will wait for your updates

Good luck with appointment today :)))))

Good luck with your cycle 222 :)))

Hi only been prescibed 15 days of cyclogest pessaries. (Progesterone)
Reading around on the UK forum I'm on this seems standard practice .
Guess all clinics hospitals have different protocols.
I feel in good safe hands the clinic has amazing results, so guess they know what they are doing, we are all different individuals on different treatments for such reasons. ;)))
Hubby doesn't want to test early because of false readings.
I feel torn to know but so scared to know :/
Just feels to early to test this weekend.
Also reading so many mixed messages on this forum and fertility friends UK. :/
Take care :))

Hmm, ive never heard of stopping so early! I'm going to ask my doctor if I can stop mine! lol. They make me feel sicker and I didn't have any progesterone issues before IVF or anything like that so if in the UK, the docs only have ladies taking them for 15 days, I dont see why it would work there and not here in the US, u know? No matter where we live, that's one part of the IVF protocol that ive always known to be the same at every clinic (in the US anyway) so I'm def interested in asking my RE about it today. As u said, ur in good hands and from what u told me, it seems normal there. I just personally have never heard of stopping it so soon. Maybe the docs here are too scared to let us stop :haha: I'll get my answer today! I'll let u know what my REs "opinion" is after I mention it ;). You have me a little excited that MAYBE I can safely stop the progesterone.. But my nurse was very adamant about me doing them every a.m & p.m after my positive beta & everytime I talk to her she says "its very important to remember the progesterone at this stage." soo I have a feeling they'll make me stay on :-\. Awe well.. I guess ill be able to stop soon enough! (I bet they're just chickens here and dont want to risk taking us off! Lol!)

And I'm sorry you feel scared about your end result. Thats 100% natural though. Although I was extremely positive during my whole cycle, I did get the same feelings ur describing at one point in my TWW. I remember saying to dh... "I'm so scared this didn't work. I'm so anxious to find out if it did work but I'm also terrified of bad news as well." What your feeling is natural after such a big treatment. I'm the type of person who has to know as soon as possible though. I actually admired women like you who were able to hold out on testing.. I just couldn't do it...My POAS addiction got the best of me..lol. Your doing the smarter thing by waiting. ;)

Anyway, ill update as soon as I'm back from my appt. 4 hrs to go! :happydance:

Thanks optimistic13. Good luck to you too.I guess you are only a week behind me in terms of OTD ( Mine is 16th June and I am going to wait till then ). The anxiety is killing me. But am very nervous with the probability of seeing BFN.

Aidens, I am also on progesterone oil shots daily and boy does it hurt ! I have also been told to continue if and after I get BFP . I have almost got lumps because of those shots and it pains. But anything for a sticky bean .

I had my u/s and although we didn't get to HEAR the HB, we saw it beating beautifully! It was a perfect 134bpm. This u/s tech wasn't as good.. She hurt me and she didn't get even close to as clear of pics as the girl did at 5w2d but we can still see where the head and arm buds are. She was just rushing WAY too much compared to every other tech I've seen. But all went amazing still! We met with our RE as well and he prescribed me safe meds for nausea, migraines, and some b-6 for the nausea as well. I am now upgrading to my regular OB! :dance: I do still have to stay on the progesterone until July 1st, at 10wks. He said with IVF, this is VERY important. He said he just recently had a patient who didn't get her progesterone re-ordered when she was supposed to and she miscarried :( ... That was enough said to make me more than happy to stay on them!
Overall, it was a great appt and I'm so happy to have nausea meds now!! :happydance:

222excited, I'm on the progesterone suppository's. Maybe after pregnancy is confirmed, you could ask about those instead of the PIO..? Its def much less painful! I had to have the PIO shots on retrieval and transfer day but none at home, thankfully! lol

222excited, I'm on the progesterone suppository's. Maybe after pregnancy is confirmed, you could ask about those instead of the PIO..? Its def much less painful! I had to have the PIO shots on retrieval and transfer day but none at home, thankfully! lol

Woww...so awesome that you could see the baby on ultrasound and also the perfect heartbeat . You hav crossed one important step in the pregnancy :thumbup:

I will ask my RE about suppositories. But what are those exactly (too lazy to google as i am on my phone)?

So excited you got to see the little heartbeat today!!! Did it make it more real? Awwww, swoon!! Can't wait!
I'm in progesterone gel inserts as well, until 10 weeks. Though I think I did have a problem with that before IVF, as my LP was only 10-11 days long on avg and I'd typically spot a bit before AF arrived. So I'm fine being on it!!
Can't wait for everyone to get their results!!

Thank you! :) And my RE said today that whether someone had great progesterone or low, its still recommended to go to 10 weeks because "we didn't actually ovulate. Our eggs were retrieved which makes progesterone production different than in natural conception.." those were his words about it, which I already knew but I just wanted to double check today because I was hoping id get lucky w stopping early, lol, but since he gave me the nausea meds, everything should be better anyway!...I hope! lol.
I need to call my regular OBs office tomorrow to set up our first appt with them. I'm actually going to miss my RE tho! He has helped us so much and he's just soo much more educated than my regular OBs, u know? I just feel more comfortable with him but I do love my OB that I had while pregnant with my son, as well, so It wont be a bad transition :).

I cant wait for your scan, Wish!!

2excited, they're just molded bullet type things that you use vaginally. Its def worth a shot at asking ur RE if this is something that would be good for you :) Alot less painless and in my opinion easier, although they can be messier but I just use a panty liner during the day and that takes care of any mess.

I am on board with that rationale! It's not a huge deal, except the gross stuff I have to manually remove myself. Do you have that with the suppositories? I have a gel insert - like with a plunger and stuff. It's very easy.
I've never had an OB, so I hope I like him or her!! My guess is if all goes well on Monday, I'll be released to mine as well.
Have you allowed yourself to do anything new yet? I'm thinking of ordering 'The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy' - I've heard it's funny and realistic.

You dont have to remove anything after doing the suppositories. They're almost like a wax bullet, lol. They'll just leak out through the day. Mostly all within the first couple of hrs. Kinda gross but def worth it!

As for new things... I would LOVE to get something baby related! Ive just been too sick still :-\. I haven't even gone to pick up my meds yet because I dont want to go to the pharm. Ugh. I'm going to go tonight so I can hopefullyyy get out tomorrow.
Oh wait, I have dont something new.. I announced on FB! :) Everyone who isn't aware of the IVF were so excited! Most of the people who knew about IVF were already aware of our pregnancy from the very start but those were just a few close friends a family members. I couldn't hold back anymore after seeing a strong healthy heartbeat! :haha:

I really want a pregnancy book. I want to find something that has some humor to it. And we def need to get a name book--with the meanings of each name. We haven't even started looking at names because we didn't want to jinks ourselves. Lol. This is all finally feeling so real tho!

oh yay for the announcement!! we're still going to keep quiet for some time. I don't know when my 2nd u/s will be, but we'll probably wait until after 10 weeks, I think. Mayyyyybe tell our parents and siblings after this first u/s, but we'll see how it goes. DH is SO cautiously aware about how many things can happen between then and now and I'm pretty sure if we lost it, he wouldn't want people to know it happened and pity us or something.
We just found out my sister and her husband are separating, though, so I'd love to give my parents some GOOD news. They are really close to my BIL.

yeah....I'm definitely going to order that book!! I want to get it on a Nook, though, so it's undercover!! :haha:

Pity, if something were to happen, is one thing I don't want either. I feel really good about this pregnancy (knock on wood!!) so hopefully that won't be happening! M/c is like unheard of in my family and making it past 7wks is a big step for us so I feel good about it. I'm trying to think as positive as possible. Ive always been someone to avoid any m/c threads or info online. Just adds unnecessary worry, u know? Your LO will be just fine! But I completely understand why you want to wait. Everyone does it in their own time ;)

And I'm sorry to hear about your sister and BIL :-\. Thats never fun news, at all.
Your parents will be so happy when they find out about your pregnancy! :)

Optimistic, how are things going your way? Good I hope! Test time is coming very soon, right?! FX!!

thanks!
yeah, I actually feel really good about this LO too. I have no idea why and I've never been pregnant before so I wouldn't know any other way. I think b/c I keep getting reminded there are things going on down there, even though it might be the slightest thing. Like when I go for a biiiiiig stretch and I feel the little tug in my belly. The fact that I KNOW I'm eating more calories and still haven't gained a pound. Stuff like that, I love it! :)

FX'ed for everyone! I'm heading up to Maine this weekend so the next time I can check in will be Monday after my u/s! :)

Lol that's how I feel! And omg, where are u from?! Maine is an hr away from me! I'm in New Hampshire. That'd be crazy if we are both NH girls! lol. Maine is where we like to go on our little 3-5 day long family vacations. :) I LOVE it there! What are u doing there?

Oh and I get those same tugs when I stretch out and can def feel my uterus growing and due to mining sickness, I've LOST weight! The RE said this is common in early pregnancy tho and that my belly will def grow soon! :) All of the feelings I keep getting def are reassuring, I just wish the a.m sickness would at least be actual MORNING sickness and not all day sickness, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->