Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Aw thanks ladies. I'm a bit fed up but pretty ok surprisingly. We are having a nice meal out tonight to cheer ourselves up :) Rags, yes I know what you mean. I feel I should be drawing a line though - maybe just how I feel just now- but I'm 45 and need to focus on other things including my son! How many children do you have? Would you consider going again?
Have a great weekend girls xx

So sorry Minno I really had everything crossed for you. Maybe you could have a few days away to chill and take time as a family. Xxxxxxx

Thinking of you Minno, how are you feeling today? xx

Aw thanks ladies. I'm a bit fed up but pretty ok surprisingly. We are having a nice meal out tonight to cheer ourselves up :) Rags, yes I know what you mean. I feel I should be drawing a line though - maybe just how I feel just now- but I'm 45 and need to focus on other things including my son! How many children do you have? Would you consider going again?
Have a great weekend girls xx

I have 1 son Minno, he's just started school and loving it.
He's so amazing and has been telling me since he was 2 that he's like a brother or sister! I was already 41 when I had him as a single mum by choice, I'll be 47 at Christmas. He knows how he was conceived and I've explained all about how a women is born with all of her eggs and that eventually they run out or stop being able to work so he understands that I can't have another. I worked hard while trying to get pregnant to get my finances to a position to be able to only work part time when he was born and although the mortgage and bills are covered and we eat well there isn't much left over for more than a couple of wee holidays a year - nothing in the pot for IVF. That said if there was a lotto win tonight (although I don't play it!!!) and I knew that financially I could take the time off to try without negatively effecting DS, I'd be on the phone to a clinic on Monday - or on here asking you for details of the Prague clinic!
Hope you are having lovely weather where you are and can get out and enjoy it. All the best. X

Aw Rags I feel your pain. My son would have loved a sibling too when he was younger, but now he's 13 and I think he quite likes being the centre of our attention! We could maybe go again but it would mean putting ourselves into a difficult position financially and I'm 45, about I be 46, and don't want to do it. I've been there I've tried and the just wasn't to be and now I really just have to accept it so sad though it is. I guess we just have to thank our lucky stars that we are mummies and that sometimes life just doesn't go the way the way we want it to. Sucks huh?!
I feel tired today H - I think it's the emotional come down. But sort of ok. Me and Dh have talked about it. We're bummed but we're ready to move on. Not saying it'll be easy. I'm stopping the meds tomoro and then I'm going to get back to exercise and get my body back and we are going to focus on our life as a family of three and a very big furry baby (German shepherd)! lol
I might look to reduce hours at work after the new year - better quality of life and time together is the focus. No more tests and drugs and hopes and disappointments with IVF. Maybe even a natural miracle ha ha
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Chinese takeaway and a move tonight :)
Xxx

Lovely reading your story Rags :). Xx

Aww glad your ok Minno, I don't know how you have been so strong through all of this, you are an inspiration to all. Your focus on family time is a great idea, and reducing your hours will be nice :) concentrate on yourself for a while and enjoying your time with your husband and son and your big furbaby they are the best xx

How's everyone? Xx
Minno how are you feeling? Xx

Hey H. I'm doing ok. Everything over and done with now and almost back to normal physically. Sad not to have had a better outcome but can't do anything about it so just have to get on with it. We've booked a lovely highland lodge for Xmas and looking forward to getting away up north for a bit.
You must be away on holiday soon too? Have a great time and hope the weather is good to you xxx

Evening all xx

Just popped by to see how everyone's doing? It's quiet on here these days xx

How are you feeling Minno? Any thoughts on the NWells treatment?. Highland lodge at Christmas!! Super cosy! Lots of fizzy stuff and an open fire sounds bliss xx

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been on in a while, have been very busy, how is everyone dong? We had a lovely time away, was nice to get away for a break and the twins absolutely loved it, hope everyone is keeping well xx

Hello girls. I haven't been on in ages either, sorry about that. Trying to get on with life. Got our pack from Dundee the other day out the blue but we've decided not to go ahead. Was a hard decision but it's just been too long a journey and too emotionally draining as well as too exhausting. No more. That said, if a natural miracle occurs we'd be over the moon.
Been focusing on DS - he's getting a skate ramp half pipe built in the garden - crazy!! Fun spending time with him - and we're now off on hols together so hoping to spend some time with him doing mum and son stuff - aw :)

H, so pleased to hear you had a lovely holiday. The weather has been amazing for this time of year.
Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the sunshine xxx

Such a hard decision Minno one that I completely admire x

Wishing you and your family a cosy winter and lots of fun times ahead xxx

Hello Everyone.
Hope you are all getting on okay and had a lovely Christmas?
x

Hello ladies Happy 2016!! Its been so long since I've been on here.
Minno I have often been thinking of you but I never get the laptop switched on, what a hard decision. Spend as much time with you son now as it wont be long & he'll be moved out & just think he can bless you with grandchildren in the future your life will be hectic then.

We have talked of having another child but we are so lucky to have one & I still look at him wondering if he is real. I really couldn't put any of us through being on they drugs & hospital appointments. Saying that I'm on no birth control but rarely have time for sex haha!!

Hope everyone & toddlers are all doing well xx

Hey V! Lovely to hear from you! My two are up and about and non stop now! I love every single minute of it... How's your wee family? Bet your wee mans getting big now ☺️. We are not planning anymore, for now anyway lol.. I don't think we could go through all that again. So if it came to it and it happened naturally then great, but if not then I'm happy with my miracles :). Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->