Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Happy Saturday Ladies

What's everyone's plans? - I live in quite a remote area, we're down to one car, husbands working so I think it will be a house day for us. Willie Wonkas (original) is on later - one of my favourite from childhood. 8 months old too young for Willie Wonka?!! Nah!! Any excuse ��☺️

How's that for timing Minno!! I had to speak to Anne at NW the other day - oh how I've missed frosty knickers - not!. Still as warm, pleasant and direct as ever .. As long as the jobs done though eh. Fingers crossed it will all be very ironic and you'll never need see that giant sperm again! I was always fixated with the salmon picture on the corridor leading up to the ward. Funny the things we take in - how are you feeling today? X

Ha ha glitter that made me laugh! Yep frosty pants is on her usual form! Be great if I don't have to see those pictures again but I have no faith in this cycle working!
I love the original willie wonka - loads better than the Johnny depp version (although I do like him). Enjoy it! I'm at the cinema to see mission impossible. Just had a nandos for lunch. My son is out for the day with his pal so we have a free afternoon - virtually unheard of! Xx

Hey ladies,

Minno I know it's very hard but try to remain positive. I had my second cycle at Dundee in June - we decided to tell nobody! We had ICSI and got less fertilised eggs! Got two blasts put back one great quality other day behind and couldn't grade. Anyway I felt things early on and thought well here comes the witch not worked again! I even started researching adoption. Actually got to test day unlike before and it went positive as soon as wee touched it!! First ever BFP. Some how after what felt like forever got to early scan- they say 'ooh there's two in there' husband almost died. Now after even longer wait made it to 12 week scan!! Still not sunk in!! Even though have to eat every two hours to stop being sick! And I'm knackered all the time- H any hints/ tips/ insights ... Anyway Minno you never know - lots of wishes and prayers coming your way xxx

Please try to stay positive Minno, I know it's so hard but keep speaking to them little babies!! How have you been feeling? What date are you testing? Xx

A massive congratulations Roxabell :wohoo: that's fantastic news! Trust me having twins is the best thing in the world, I feel extremely lucky and they play with each other and it's the best thing to watch. To be honest don't have much help with sickness.. Mine was horrendous and nothing helped me! Anything I ate I brought back up, I got pills from doctor I was sick with them... Anytime I went in the car I had to pull over :cry: it was the hardest part of pregnancy, and feels like it goes on forever but when it eventually stopped at 14/15weeks I think it was, it was such a relief!! Xx

Ladies you are fantastic at keeping me going, thank you all so much.
Roxabell - amazing news and massive congrats to you! That must have come as a bit of a shock to find two in there lol I guess the main difference for me is I don't feel much of anyhing except last night and this morning a bit menstrually - not sure if good or bad thing. H I was going to test early on Tuesday but now I might wait until Friday as I will be working Tuesday and will just need some time to get my head round the result, whatever it is. Friday I can celebrate or lick my wounds in peace!
What day after transfer did you all test? I am now 8dp5dt but clinic say not to test until at least 14 days. Maybe they just want me to get a definite result either way.
Xxx

I'd def wait - I know it's hard tho. I was told to test 14 days after transfer and like you I felt very menstrual even on day of test and after and kept expecting the witch to come. It's so hard all the waiting xxx

I was two weeks after too, I didn't want to wait but husband made me wait ... so I did, and I'm kind of glad I did as if the result had been different I would have wound myself up. Also it was in between Christmas and new year I was to test so I didn't want to test before Christmas as if it was negative I would have been devastated for Christmas. Best doing it the Friday so it gives you a few days either way :). Keep positive... I always felt like I was away to get my period... I remember that much as I was convinced it did not work. Xx

That's reassuring that you
both had to wait two weeks as well. I see other clinics seem to say 9 or 10 days post. I can't deal with the failure while I'm having to concentrate at work so I'll just wait I think. In a weird way it's better cos I can hold on to a glimmer of hope a little longer. Definitely feeling menstrual today. Popped out and finally managed to get an frer from asda - honestly, those things are like gold dust lol xxz

That's maybe your little babies snuggling in and making you feel like that :p !! :). What is a frer? I'm guessing a pregnancy test but a better one? Is it first response? Xx

Yes first response. But I see the one I got isn't an early one,it's test from first day of missed period. Duh! I wanted the early one but I suppose it doesn't matter if I test in Friday as by then it should pick it up I would think.
Definitely feeling very menstrual tonight but tmi alert have just popped crinone in and no sign of any bleeding. Phew. H you are a tease... Babiessss snuggling in ha! Xx

Congratulations Roxabell! Twinnies! Double blessing xxx keep us updated how your getting on. Do you think you'll go for a gender scan? Or leave it as a surprise? X

How you feeling Minno? I hope works working as a good distraction. 9dp5dt? - do you think you'll hold off testing till Friday?. Ninewells give you a date / 2 weeks later to test. Then it's call them yay or nay. I never waited, patience isn't my strong point, admire those that do!. I did test too early at one point a got a negative so it's a battle of the mind now eh. Fingers crossed for you!! xxx

Yep I'm 9dt5dt today. Woke up last night needing the loo and then felt menstrual and then had a panic it hasn't worked but in the same dozy moment had a panic it was twins! Head is totally all over the place obviously! In my rational daytime moments I'm definately not feeling hopeful. Need to get on with testing so I can stop the meds and get on. Probably to Dundee next.

How early did you test glitter? X

Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts! :D... I think you may possibly be in the twinnies club! And how exciting if you are. You actually wouldn't believe the amount of twins I have heard of or now know with having twins, and feel so blessed to have them. I think feeling menstrual is a good sign :)!! They are working there magic. When you test and get your positive.. The next wait is the scan.. And all you will be wondering is.. "Is it twins" !! Ahh! Or even.... Triplets :oops: :) xx

I'm definately pre menstrual. Just ha a massive fight with dh and now sleeping in separate rooms. So furious with him! I'm very emotional. Definately pms!
No singleton, twins or triplets H but thank you for trying to keep me positive. It's a hard job. I'm naturally a pessimistic person or maybe a realistic one I dunno but definately not positive that for sure! X

Oh no.. Hope you are ok :cry: that's not good. Please try and stay calm :( sending a hug for you. Hope your both okay tomorrow :hug: xx

Aw Minno! The pre mens feeling could be something else too xxx. I was 8dp5dt when I got a faint positive but for one of my friends who got pregnant with twins she got a negative 8dp5dt so I think everyone's just a bit different. How are you feeling today? Xxxx

Back to feeling ok again today. Very slight headache which is also a pms sign for me. Still haven't tested yet and not really seeing the point other than that I have to in order to stop the meds.
I'm feeling a bit fed up but otherwise ok and will likely now look to Dundee to have a last last go!
Grrrrrrrrr so annoying it comes back to them!
Xxxx

It's not over yet Minno, don't think like that until you know for sure, I know it's easy for us to say as I was the exact same. Hope you and dh are speaking again and you have managed to relax as much as you can today xx

Well H he apologised and I have sort of accepted his apology. Man I had some rage last night . Dh is saying I've got major hormones! Yeah I wonder if it might have anything to do with the truckload of drugs I'm taking!
I'm full of the rage lol xx

Hang in there Minno ... I was the exact same and I'm sure I was pretty ragey!! Lol still am ... My poor class! Just think witch now showed yet and that's definitely a positive ( I am naturally pessimistic too and husband totally opposite - very annoying!) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->