IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi Key, I think you're prob right. I'll try to write out the info on my long protocol timeline. it says you ring the hosp on day 1 of period & start sniffing drugs on day 21. The only thing on the timeline between day 1 & day 21 is an appt to collect the schedule from the unit, and to give the letter with consent drug requirements to gp (or a private prescription given from unit). Then after 2 weeks of sniffing drugs (during which you should get a light period) you start stim injections, and this becomes known as day 1 (diff to day 1 of cycle). You have a scan on day 1 to check ovaries & endometrium. I have to have a scan on day 5 as have pcos, then everyone has a scan on day 9/10 to assess follicular growth. They'll tell you when to stop sniffing & injections & on day 13/15 you'll have egg retrieval. you'll start progesterone suppositories for 16 days. 2/5 days after egg retrieval you'll have egg transfer.

I hope this makes sense, it's probably clearer on the timeline than my description!

So would probably be quite easy to plan a holiday around your schedule, maybe you could ring them & discuss it if you want to book it now hon?

Hope this helps!

Oooo so excited! So PCOS sufferers get one more scan than normal? Did they tell you how many embryos they are looking to transfer? If you are under 35 can you have 2?

Hi kazza, hope you're doing good & playing about on your new ipad!

Yeah, they said they would scan me more frequently because of having pcos & the possibility of getting overstimulated ovaries. He said to come in for one on day 5 & depending on what they find I might have to come in for a few more.

LDT said they'd most likely just transfer one embryo because of my age & health (I'm 31). In the lecture they scare you off of having more than 1 put in, by telling you a lot of the risks to do with multiple births, but if you're keen to have more than 1 you might be able to request it?

How would you feel about triplets!?!

Hmm, i have thought about some of the risks, i wouldnt like to have triplets but depending on the risks, i would like twins. Firstly because i would like 2 children and i dont really want to have to go down this route again, but i wouldnt want it to be a the detrement of the babies health.

How do you feel about it?

Probably the same. If I could guarantee their health & mine then twins would be great as I wouldn't have to be pregnant twice & have all the treatment/stress again. But having heard the lecture it put me off if I'm honest. I was much more pro having twins before. I couldn't bear to lose one or both of them. But then again there are no guarantees even if you're pregnant with just one child. It's a really hard decision x

Yeah you are right, oh i dont know, maybe i will have a chat with the other half later!

I started liking the idea of twins :(

Afternoon ladies - like you both, I was thinking that having twins would be quite nice! I really would like at least a couple of children and the thought of having to go through this several times is pretty depressing.

I'm guessing if they recommend you only have one embroy transfer Serena then be the same for me - and i'm a couple of years older than you, will be 35 mid next year. That's another reason why want to get things moving, and also the thought of doing this again - i know my age is going to start going against me soon. Not sure it will help that i only feel 21!!

k xx

Key, you're still in the young bracket so feeling 21 is just an added bonus x

yeah you're right, they'll prob recommend 1 embryo transfer. They seem to be pushing the blastocyst transfers at the moment so they might advise us to do that too. I think the older you get the more embryos they will transfer at once to give you better odds of 1 (or 3!) of them sticking. The idea of triplets is terrifying, not just carrying 3 babies like a litter of kittens, but then having 3 toddlers too! Ha ha I bet that will happen to me now I've said that & cursed myself x

Evening!

Oohh well I will have a think about it after the presentation and discuss with our dr! I just don't want to do it all again!

Key did you hear anymore from guys?

Not heard anything else yet - think we'll be on the 11th Jan one, which actually might not be too bad in terms of timing for us. I'll leave it until early next week then chase them again if still not heard anything.

Your presentation date has come round quick - next Weds isn't it? How exciting you, i'll be about a month or so behind you and Serena but hopefully we'll still be able to share the highs and lows together!

k x

Yes it has come round very quickly, im really looking forward to it now!!

Yes make sure you chase them as they seem to be losing lots of things, i sent my paper work back to them recorded delivery and they still have not received it! I need to check with royal mail that it was signed for!

Im sure we will be able to share as treatment will probably tip into january, and im sure we will all be able to compare notes xxx

Me again - just wanted to give you ladies a tip: stay on top of Guys... as you're realising they're a little disorganised. I found it a lot quicker dropping off or picking up paper work in person! A bit inconvenient, but saves time and phone calls in the long run.

I've been doing lots of research about best protocol for PCOSers and it's not helped one bit! :wacko: I'm just as confused as before - I've been reading that quite a few ladies have had success on the protocol my current RE wants to put me on, so now I'm thinking I should give it a shot. But what if it doesn't work? Argh!

After losing my paperwork the first time, they seem to now be ok, i called them today and they have now received the papers that i sent back so should now be all ok!

Vesper its such a tough decision to make!! I dont know enough yet to offer you any advice but i do wish you the best of luck, let us know what you decide!

One more week and we will have had the presentation and then one week later the 1st appt!! Sooooo exited!

Not long for you serena! How are you feeling?

Vesper - must be a nightmare reviewing options in a different country. Perhaps if there have been quite a few successes you should maybe put you're trust in it - although that must be really tough. I know this will be third attempt but don't give up i just recently saw friends who have got a bouncy 8mth old baby boy from thier 4th attempt. It will happen just keep your spirits up.
When would you be starting treatment in NY?

Kazzab - think i'll give Guys another call then to make sure all progressing as should. Let me know how you get on next week

It's a new year soon and i foresee lots of positivity and little ones coming into our lives in 2012....:hugs:

k x

If I stay with NY, I'll start mid-Jan...

But my gut is telling me to do another cycle with Lister... if I go with them, I'm going to try and start cycling in a couple of weeks. eek!

Yes, I really can't wait for this year to end. It's been positively the best and worst for me!

Key deffo keep into them! After making a pest of myself it was the only thing that got things moving!

I will deffo let you know how I get on!! Role on the 5th !!

Do what your guy feeling tells you I say! Food luck xx

GOOD NEWS!! Got home last night and we had our letter from Guys (they managed to get organised in the end i guess!). We're going to the Patient Evening on the 30th too and then the appt is on the 2nd Dec.:happydance:

Can't beleive it, had myself ready for starting in New Year - but am now so excited that could be starting in December.

Kazzab - we could meet face to face on the night - i could wear a red rose or something - ha ha!!:

k x

Haha omg that's brilliant news!! I'm so excited for you!! Yes we could meet how weird would that be!!!!! Your appt is three days before mine!!!!!

I know would be quite bizarre to meet after chatting on here.

they must have had a couple of spaces left which is how come mine is a couple of days before - sorry about that, first time in my life i've been patient and it paid off!! So looks like we'll all start treatment in Dec now (fingers crossed!).

Hope we get the nice Mr Tom!!

Vesper - if you decide to go to Lister, you should also be starting at same time :thumbup:

Strength in numbers.....

kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"