IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Key, that is such amazing news, absolutely brilliant. I am really excited for you. If we all start in December that would be really good. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Dr Tom too *

What will you do about skiing now? Christmas on the slopes?

S x

Thanks Serena - not sure what we're gonna do about skiing now, may just be a weekend at some point early Jan or maybe not at all. It's a shame but obviously this is much more important!!

Will try and find out more about timings when we go on Weds...

Hi I'm new 2 the forum and hope u don't mind if I join this thread.
I'm am from Bromley and are currently waiting for the funding to be approved from the PCT. We sent our letter and the paperwork the PCT sent us for last approval approx 2 weeks and was hoping someone may be able to give me an idea how long it took to get an answer that it was approved.
I have read some of your posts and its seems like very exciting times for you all with the 1st apt this week. Good luck with it all and thanks
:flower:

Not for IVF/ICSI (at least not yet) but we have recently been reffered to Guy's ACU.
Had our first appointment this past Wednesday, at the moment we have forms for day 21 & 3 blood tests, Hycosy scan and SA for OH which will all be done within the next month and today recieved a letter for our next appointment but it's not until 29th Feb :shock: I can't believe we have to wait another 3 months before we even go back and get our test results, the waiting and not knowing will drive me insane.

Hi ladies!!

Age - I gas to wait four weeks to hear back from the pct you get ma letter confirming funding then they send everything to the guys! Keep onto guys tho as they lost our paperwork!!

Tinkerbell - 3 months for results that' seems along time!! I've heard from other ladies that had that issue and when they phoned to complain they moved the appt! My motto is if you don't ask you dont get!! No harm in asking?

Key - not long now!!

Serena. How's you hun? Xxxx

Hi ladies!!

Age - I gas to wait four weeks to hear back from the pct you get ma letter confirming funding then they send everything to the guys! Keep onto guys tho as they lost our paperwork!!

Tinkerbell - 3 months for results that' seems along time!! I've heard from other ladies that had that issue and when they phoned to complain they moved the appt! My motto is if you don't ask you dont get!! No harm in asking?

Key - not long now!!

Serena. How's you hun? Xxxx

When I got the appointment letter on saturday I couldn't believe how far away the next appointment was, I wondered if it was made so far to give us enough time to get tests done but I'll be ringing them next week to try and bring it forward. I expected mid-late Jan maybe but never late Feb :growlmad:

Yeah deffo call them! One good thing is that I'm hoping because december is a busy month it will fly by!! Then if they can't move the appt your into the new year and not as long to wait! If you see my logic!!

Age - i would suggest you give Bromley PCT a quick call to make sure they received everything back from you. Once they receive it, i think they send it over in batches to Guys every 2 weeks. We must have been lucky because we sent our forms back on Weds 26th Oct (next day delivery) and our referral got sent to Guys on Friday 28th Oct - as we got the copy letter on Tuesday 1st.

We did have to chase up referral from Princess Royal as never arrived at Bromley PCT and i did email contact at bromley quite a bit to make sure they had everything - info at https://www.bromley.nhs.uk/www.bromley.nhs.uk/your-health/exceptional-treatment/index.html

From there we also had to chase up Guys after a couple of weeks and turned out they hadn't received our docs either (thanks to Kazza for the heads up) so i had to fax over our funding approval. From there we are now on the Patient info evening on 30th - so has all moved pretty quickly. Think the main tip is to keep on top of them! I think where you are now, you'll probably be on patient evening & consultatio in Jan, so not long at all!!

Tinkerbell- sorry to hear you've got to wait so long for next appt - like Kazza said just try keeping on top of Guys to see if they can move you forward. We started our investigations in Feb and didn't get referred until end of September, so that whole beginning investigation thing can take a while i think. But good luck - and fingers crossed it can be speeded up.

Kazza - looking forward to Wednesday????

Serena - aer you kicking off treatment in a couple of weeks? Hope all is well with you?

kxx

Kay & Kazza - I’m good thanks – really looking forward to both of you having your meeting on Wednesday and seeing what you think about it. And even more excited about your consultations to find out what kind of protocol and treatment you’ll be having. I hope it goes well for you both – you both def seem more clued up than I was when we went to the lecture. Since being referred to Guys in May I had deliberately had a few months off of thinking about TTC stuff and hadn’t looked on any websites or forums, and when the lecture appt came round I was dreading it as I really didn’t want to have to go to a lecture with 200 people and discuss something that feels so private. But it was absolutely fine and really informative so hopefully you’ll end up quite enjoying it too. It also feels like the first step in the right direction which is also exciting.

Life is going very slowly, just counting down the days until mid-December, but even then it’ll still be another 3 weeks until any real treatment starts. I am impatient & wish I could have started in November rather than wait because of the lab cleaning. But luckily I have lots of other things going on so they are welcome distractions. And it’s given both me and my husband longer to try to cut down on the amount of alcohol which is good, as I think for the man they need to have cut down for at least 70 days for it to have an effect. And it means we’ll most likely be doing it at the same time as both of you which will be great x

Hope you’re both well, let me know how it goes on Wed x

Age – I didn’t chase anyone at all and it took 6 months between my last appt at Princess Trust Hospital and the Patient information evening at Guys. So prob a good idea to chase it as all the other girls have and it seems to work!

Managed to change our appointment from Feb 29th to Jan 18th :happydance: much better, just hope I have know problems getting booked in for the Hycosy or the appointment might have to be put back.

Hope you don't mind me ask but are you all at Guy's on the NHS or private? we are NHS. Did any of you get sent for a Hycosy from you first appointment? did you have any trouble getting an appointment for one? I've been told to call to book on the first day of my next cycle.

Also need to call my GP to book a smear before we go back, never had one before and i'm really nervous about it.

Thanks guys for the advise!!! Once I read your replies I called the PCT the next second and spoke to Amanda Easter.
She was lovely and ever so helpful! She couldnt find our paperwork and had to call us back (which in the meantime I was stressing) but she called back very quickly once she found it. She was very open to me about it and we will have a catch up at the end of the week.

She advised me that our treatment have been funded which is amazing news however we have requested funding to a different clinic other than Guys.

My husband has Cystic Fibrosis and has recently had a Double Lung Transplant and before his surgery we had his sperm frozen

So now we wait some more, which really is killing me!!!!!!

Thanks guys for the advise!!! Once I read your replies I called the PCT the next second and spoke to Amanda Easter.
She was lovely and ever so helpful! She couldnt find our paperwork and had to call us back (which in the meantime I was stressing) but she called back very quickly once she found it. She was very open to me about it and we will have a catch up at the end of the week.

She advised me that our treatment have been funded which is amazing news however we have requested funding to a different clinic other than Guys.

My husband has Cystic Fibrosis and has recently had a Double Lung Transplant and before his surgery we had his sperm frozen

So now we wait some more, which really is killing me!!!!!!

Great news your treatment has been funded.
Small world, I have CF myself. Is your husband under Lewisham? hope he is doing well after the transplant.

Do you mind me asking why you have requested funding at a different clinic to Guy's?

Hi ladies!!

Tinker bell I'm really pleased you managed to get that appt changed!! I have to say dispute losing my paperwork I have found the pct and the hospital very accommodating!!

Age I have spoken to Amanda Easter a few times she is lovely but must be sick of me now!!!! Lol

Serena!! Not long now!! It's good you have things to focus on make the time pass quickly that's what I'm hoping!!

Key- not long now and we could end up bumping into each other!!!

AFM really excited about Wednesday and I didn't realise that our first appt is exactly a weeks time!! I no this is totally irrational and ridiculas but I went to my local sexual health clinic and had a free HIV test where you get the result there and then!! I felt like such an idiot but I kept thinking about it so I needed to put my mind at rest!!!!! What a silly cow!!!!! It's not like I've had loads of boyfriends and I've been with My fella for 5 years but I just had to get it off my mind!!!

We are on the nhs sorry I forgot who asked!! Typing on my iPhone so sorry for typos and hard work flicking back to the post X

Glad everyone is moving forward re appt dates and confirmed funding - that's brillant news :thumbup:

We are also getting treatment on NHS - and have to say so far it's all been pretty good (apart from paperwork never arriving where it's meant to!).

Kazza - i'll look out for you tomorrow and then you know how we get on with our consultation on Friday!

k x

Great!! I'm a brunette with a really tall fella!! Hehe not that it narrows it down!!

Hi Tinkerbell.

Yes what a small world!!! My husband was with The brompton hospital (Kennsington) but now with the new lungs we go to Herefield hospital (we are actually in now as he has an infection)
Did you see the show last night on BBC3 regardingCF and transplant list?
How are you going with it all?

We had his sperm frozen at another clinic as it was rushed as he deteriorated quite quickly and we had to get it done before he got put on the list. So we are asking if we can stay at the same clinic where its frozen rather than get it transferred to Guys.

Hi Tinkerbell.

Yes what a small world!!! My husband was with The brompton hospital (Kennsington) but now with the new lungs we go to Herefield hospital (we are actually in now as he has an infection)
Did you see the show last night on BBC3 regardingCF and transplant list?
How are you going with it all?

We had his sperm frozen at another clinic as it was rushed as he deteriorated quite quickly and we had to get it done before he got put on the list. So we are asking if we can stay at the same clinic where its frozen rather than get it transferred to Guys.

Ah as you mentioned Bromley PCT I thought he may have been under Lewisham (pre transplant) as it's local.
Hope the stay is a short one and the infection gets cleared up. Yes, I watched the programme with Kirstie (had been following her story on facebook) quite scary to watch to be honest but hopefully it will make people realise how important organ donation is.
My health is quite good atm thankfully (I'm almost 28 with lung function usually between 85-90%)

I got a bit worried that you weren't happy with Guy's or something and that's why you want to switch clinics, but understand now.

Fingerscrossed all goes well for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->