IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Dr said everything looks great...there were 4 20mm follicles and 12 ranging from 13mm-17mm

I go back monday for blood work again but she said ER will probably be Wednesday :happydance:

Dr said everything looks great...there were 4 20mm follicles and 12 ranging from 13mm-17mm

I go back monday for blood work again but she said ER will probably be Wednesday :happydance:

Yay! That's great news, am hoping mine will be wed too, I'm going for scan an bloods again on Monday

X

thats fantastic kristin and its lovely that you and mrssunshine are going through this together and alexa not far behind x

:wacko:my stomach hurts i wish it was af pains but think it has more to do with the chinese ive just had for dinner :blush:

Hiya
Just catching up on everyone's progress now - finding it hard to keep track as there are so many of us!
Your scan results sounds great Kirsten, not long to go now til EC. Mrs Sunshine, you must be getting excited now too - and Alexa not far behind.

As for me, AF hasn't shown up as yet but planning to start my injections when it appears - so should be early this week. Scary but exciting stuff!
Sx

Can't wait for Wednesday but I'm worried now because we are supposed to get a major snow and ice storm on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning....they will still be there but its a 30 minute drive and it wont be safe to drive and imagine if they declare a state of emergency and we aren't allowed on the road?....but I'll have to worry about that when it happens i guess, no use worrying about it now....

Rafwife: nice pic of you and hubby! Love it! Is your tummy better or was it AF?

2nd shot last night and hubby thought it a good idea to massage the Repronex (like Menopur) into my bum. It is NOT a good idea as it made my whole arse ache like someone punched it. Don't let your hubby's have the same ideas lol! Ovaries a bit achy...like AF cramps, but in ovaries...weird feeling for sure! AF on way out, day 3 of stimming and still feeling effects of Lupron (like Buselerin) with hot flashes and such.

Wednesday I go back to see what ovaries are doing.

Hope everyone is well and all is going to plan for the rest of you!

Rafwife: nice pic of you and hubby! Love it! Is your tummy better or was it AF?

2nd shot last night and hubby thought it a good idea to massage the Repronex (like Menopur) into my bum. It is NOT a good idea as it made my whole arse ache like someone punched it. Don't let your hubby's have the same ideas lol! Ovaries a bit achy...like AF cramps, but in ovaries...weird feeling for sure! AF on way out, day 3 of stimming and still feeling effects of Lupron (like Buselerin) with hot flashes and such.

Wednesday I go back to see what ovaries are doing.

Hope everyone is well and all is going to plan for the rest of you!

thanks alexa, i have slight cramping still and achey bbs so hoping its af on the way,
sorry your second shot was painful but what you wrote made my dh laugh a lot, i hope its not given him ideas :haha:x

hi lovely ladies- i am looking for some advice and thought i would ask here :flower:

my dh and i are on our 3rd and last clomid/iui cycle (beta is friday). if it is negative, then we are off to ivf....

my entire group was laid off on dec 1 but i was lucky enough to be rehired in the same company but in a different group. i started last tuesday. so i am in a new job but still have some seniority. the reason i am writing this is i am worried about the number of days off i will need for the ivf cycle and also how i will feel (and will people be able to notice that something is going on).

how many days off did you ladies take?

my re office is great, so i can do all the scans and bloods at 7am so no one will know for those. but i am thinking more about the ER and transfer (and if you feel so ill from the meds that you need time off).

thanks in advice and tons of :dust: to you all

hi there i really hope your iui is successful and you wont need our advice but we are always here and happy to help, i have not started my cycle yet but my doctor recomends 2 days bed rest after egg retrieval and embryo transfer though i am planning on taking it easy for the full 2 weeks after embryo transfer, i dont think people should notice and you need only tell people you want to tell, i have bought some new clothes a size bigger because i have been told my stomach may be a bit swollen and tender for a while, i know some people feel tired and have hot flushes but it varys from person to person and what meds your put on x

Hi again

Kristin - I have a similar worry when it comes to egg collection as we are quite far from the clinic and have had a lot of snow here too. Have decided that if I have that issue then will try and stay over the night before in a hotel somewhere close to the clinic. Is that an option for you?

Raf-wife - nice pic, good to see you!

Alexa - your post made me laugh, hubby should be pampering you to make up for that!

As for me, AF has started so will be off to the clinic tomorrow for my baseline scan and first injection. Can't quite believe its happening really, hope can try and take it as it comes. Had been feeling relatively calm about things lately until got a text from one of my best friends saying that she is 3 months pregnant - conceived on her first month of trying. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh. Has just brought me back into my old habits of getting annoyed at how easy it is for everyone else (none of my friends have had problems and the vast majority have conceived in the first few months) and wallowing in self pity as to why it has to be so difficult for us, worrying about never being able to have a baby etc etc. What also annoys me is the way that people like my friend (who knows that we are having difficulties) don't seem to give a second thought to the possibility that their news might be upsetting for me. Anyways have said my congratulations and am now trying not to think about it. I need to try and snap out of this and get back to positive thoughts before tomorrow...

Px

:happydance: woo hoo polly thats great , can you send the :witch: my way and tell her she can then take a year off :rofl:

Raf-wife, I will try my best - sending AF thoughts in your direction!

Px

thank you lol, i had a really hot bath tonight and im going to do some ab crunches to try and get things moving along :haha:
you must be so excited about tommorrow be sure to let us know how you get on :hugs:

Hi again

Kristin - I have a similar worry when it comes to egg collection as we are quite far from the clinic and have had a lot of snow here too. Have decided that if I have that issue then will try and stay over the night before in a hotel somewhere close to the clinic. Is that an option for you?

Raf-wife - nice pic, good to see you!

Alexa - your post made me laugh, hubby should be pampering you to make up for that!

As for me, AF has started so will be off to the clinic tomorrow for my baseline scan and first injection. Can't quite believe its happening really, hope can try and take it as it comes. Had been feeling relatively calm about things lately until got a text from one of my best friends saying that she is 3 months pregnant - conceived on her first month of trying. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh. Has just brought me back into my old habits of getting annoyed at how easy it is for everyone else (none of my friends have had problems and the vast majority have conceived in the first few months) and wallowing in self pity as to why it has to be so difficult for us, worrying about never being able to have a baby etc etc. What also annoys me is the way that people like my friend (who knows that we are having difficulties) don't seem to give a second thought to the possibility that their news might be upsetting for me. Anyways have said my congratulations and am now trying not to think about it. I need to try and snap out of this and get back to positive thoughts before tomorrow...

Px

Hubby has told me not to worry and that he will get me there no matter what...i have 4 wheel drive on my car so it shouldn't be too bad, and the clinic is on a main road so it'll be plowed...i am just a very anxious person that worries about everything before it happens..lol I know i shouldn't worry, it will all be fine!

hi lovely ladies- i am looking for some advice and thought i would ask here :flower:

my dh and i are on our 3rd and last clomid/iui cycle (beta is friday). if it is negative, then we are off to ivf....

my entire group was laid off on dec 1 but i was lucky enough to be rehired in the same company but in a different group. i started last tuesday. so i am in a new job but still have some seniority. the reason i am writing this is i am worried about the number of days off i will need for the ivf cycle and also how i will feel (and will people be able to notice that something is going on).

my re office is great, so i can do all the scans and bloods at 7am so no one will know for those. but i am thinking more about the ER and transfer (and if you feel so ill from the meds that you need time off).

good luck with IUI!

hubby and i went straight to IVf and everything moved along really fast (found out Oct. 4 and started shots Dec. 16th)

Everything with me was find up until I started the stimulation part. I didnt have any side effects from the beginning meds...the side effects I have felt, discomfort and slight pain, is normal for what is going on. i have worked through the whole thing, a few days I've left a little early due to slight discomfort.

I am taking off a week between when they do the egg retrieval and transfer them back, but I have vacation time to use. my work has been amazing about the whole thing and the people that I have told about it have been very supportive...I told people mostly because I was advised not to lift at all during the stimulation part and it was easier to explain to people that I work with regularly what was going on then just saying it was a medical issue or something...but I don't think anyone would be able to tell if i didn't tell them..

I wish you luck with everything :flower:

Anyone else who has been there want to chime in?

I saved up for 2 weeks, but am taking 3 weeks leave. I felt not a bit different for DRing. However, the last few days I def have been with hot flashes and such. Not only that, with the stimming part you cannot do anything strenuous that could twist an ovary or "pop an egg from a follicle" as my doc put it. I think 2 weeks for the stimming and transfer part minimally. You may be able to skip the first 2 days of stimming as I didn't feel much. I know it gets worse from here on out and uncomfortable for most people (IM on day 3).....Then a few days post transfer minimally.

I am glad my bum is entertaining ha ha It still hurts. Tonight will be different.

Yay Kristin for ER soon!

Also to polly for starting tomorrow!

Boy oh boy am I having hot flashes!

Yay! That's great news, am hoping mine will be wed too, I'm going for scan an bloods again on Monday

X

Good luck tomorrow mrssunshine! Hopefully we both get good news tomorrow and they are definitely doing the ER wednesday! I can't wait to see how much more the follicles have grown since Saturday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->