IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

are you really nervous i am and very excited im wondering how quickly things will start after the appointment

I'm terrified tbh :(

OH thinks I'm being too negative about it all but two shoots at 40% just isn't good enough for me, not to mention IF I do manage to get pregnant I'm worried about miscarriage again. OH has extremley high levels of anti-bodies so our MC rate is higher than average :(

I'm trying to research into donor sperm but OH isn't having any of it, he's worried the baby wouldn't look like him and has said he will only do that if we use his brothers sperm which I'm not very comfortable with at all. . . . not to mention his brother is 14 so we would probably have to wait until he's 18 :dohh:

I'm hoping my dates will fall right so we can get in during December rather than having to wait until Jan (when our angel would have been due) because they close over christmas.

We got a flow chart at our information evening and after our appointment on Monday the next step is to ring with next period and AF is due around Monday so hopefully she'll come Sunday - Tuesday but not much before that cos then then EC and ET may clash with christmas :wacko: That's if they even let me go on a period that started that day or a few days before :shrug:

Anyway point is from next period it should be 23 before DR so it should only be 7 weeks max depending on where you are in your cycle :thumbup:

:flower: x x x x

its such a lot to take in isnt it the past couple of days i have gone from bouncing off the walls to worrying and not sleeping and now im worrying because my af has dissappeared so im wondering what they will do, oh well guess il find out tommorrow lol

its such a lot to take in isnt it the past couple of days i have gone from bouncing off the walls to worrying and not sleeping and now im worrying because my af has dissappeared so im wondering what they will do, oh well guess il find out tommorrow lol

Really? :(
Aw bless you :hugs:
I'm trying to just ignore it :dohh:
Probably not the best thing to do but I like to keep myself busy so I'm not thinking about it.

Hmm. . she's probably missing from the stresss of it all!
Although always best to test as well lol Do you know if you ovualted late and that is the cause?

My last couple of periods have come early which has been good cos I haven't been brewing over 'is she going to show up this month?' but I want her to stay away for a few more days just so I can use this cycle lol

:hugs: :kiss:

my bloods this month indicated i didnt ovulate so im not sure, ive just started getting a few cramps though so maybe its on its way

AF has arrived for me, a 26 day cycle and I normally ov CD16 or 17 :wacko:
My cycles have been getting shorter since the MC!

maybe they will start you this cycle then if there starting you on day 23 that would be fantastic x

have you had your infection screening bloods done yet ?

I hooope so!

We had them done about two/three weeks ago and we'll get the results Monday but they should be absolutley fine :)

sounds like you could be all set to go now then woo hoo

Aww I do hope so, I'll be gutted if they say to wait for my NEXT period!

Hi Ladies,

Mind if I join you?

My fiance & I are thinking about starting IVF in the New Year. We have been ttc since April 2009. We have both undergone all of the tests. My hormones are fine, I don't have PCOS or Endo, lap & dye showed everything is in working order, pelvic ultrasounds all fine. My fiances SA was above average but a little on the low side, but he made some lifestyle changes and since then it has improved so we're unexplained.

My next appointment with the NHS FS is on the 29th which will mean I will have had 3 cycles since my lap & dye. I was told by the FS that many women get pregnant after the lap & dye because they relax knowing that there is nothing wrong with them. I am on CD 11 of my 3rd cycle, so last chance. Not sure what the next steps are for me, I assume FS will try chlomid but not sure how much longer we can keep trying so we have already started investigating possible clinics and visiting a couple next week with a view to start in the New Year. We have enough for 2 attempts at the moment and will keep saving.

I too go from being excited and then really down about the whole having to pay for something that should happen naturally. As we are unexplained I also get my hopes up each cycle and think that this cycle it will happen for us only to be let down again.

Just seems so unfair that you grow up thinking that you will get pregnant when you decide to get pregnat. Who knew that it could be this difficult.

Anyway, enough about me. Hopefully we can all support one another through this.

Have any of you read any good books to help you understand the process etc? My fiance and I have both just read a book called "The Complete Guide To IVF" which has given us a basic understanding of the whole process. Was really good for my fiance to read it because I don't think he quite knew that it involved so much for the woman.

Hope x

hi your more than welcome to join us
i havent read any books just lots of leaflets and hours and hours scouring the net lol

I've read half of that whilst sat in Waterstones! haha
Are you self funding or NHS. . . just sounded as if you meant your paying yourselfs

O:)

Yes we're self funding. I've been told that the waiting list for the Surrey PCT is a long time! Currently seeing a NHS FS, but we'll go private for the IVF. We had money saved for a blow out holiday next year but have decided to spend it on IVF instead.

Where are you both based? I am looking at clinics in London. My mum's boss had 2 successful IVF attempts at the ARGC (pregnant first time both cycles, second time with twins) and they have good success rates so that is top of our list at the moment.

I am trying to limit my searching on the internet now because I drive myself mad with self diagnosing etc.

Do you mind me asking why your going private rather than NHS? O:)

I'm based in Liverpool so Liverpool Women's Hospital it is for us :thumbup:

:kiss: x x x

i am self funded too and im going to wessex fertility in southampton and using there clinic bmi hampshire for all scans etc

raf-wife, I'm guessing your self funded because you already have a child? O:)

Hey, hope you don't mind me joining your thread!

I will be starting my first IVF cycle soon, not sure exactly when, but I know I've to phone the clinic with next af, then I've to take metformin on day 21 until another af arrives, then I start the injections with EC probably in January sometime!

I can't wait to start, we've already done 2 failed IUI cycles so I'm really impatient!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->