IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Gah. I meant 9 pm not am! I take my shots at night too. Just a little too excited I guess. Off to the RE now!

I wondered!!! LOL I'd never heard of someone doing them in the AM... but I figured that every clinic was different! :haha: I understand... I get overly excited too! Good luck!!! :hugs:

Do you mean the stim shots? I do mine in the morning! Is that bad? They said any time, and morning is much easier for me. This trigger shot - when do I take that? Is it by any chance a big needle? I have a single big needle in my pack, and whilst i'm now ok with my dailies, that one is still making me nervous!

Also bloated and sore =\[/QUOTE]

Its not bad... I was just told I had to do mine between 7-9pm. I'd never heard of doing them in the morning. I don't know why it always seems to be at night.

The trigger shot is likely a 25-27g 1" needle. You might have an 18g or 22g needle that you use to draw up the trigger shot though and the smaller one to inject. Its hard to say.

what. the. eff.

It's 4:30p and I still haven't heard from the RE's office.

The latest they've ever called was 3:30p, so I'm getting a little pissed. Their office closes at 5p, so they'd better call before then, or I'm going to end up being a royal ***** to their answering service when I have to call.

It's not like I'm doing an expensive IVF cycle and getting ready to trigger or anything...

:cry: can you call them?

I can. I'm going to give them 15 more minutes and then call. I'm not very happy about this. You don't pump someone full of hormones to the point they're about to bust and then ignore them.

OMG! You sound SO MUCH like me today! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OK, I called them. I guess the RE had a long day in the OR and was late in reviewing everyone's lab results from this morning. No biggie - I'm just hopped up on hormones and very moody.

So, here are the numbers:
Estradiol: 2132
LH: 1.23
Follicles -->
Right: 19.16, 7.56, 8.11, 14.06, 10.88, 14.3
Left: 9.66, 12.5, 17.54, 18.52, 13.32, 15.22, 15.31, 11.78

Uterine lining: 8.85mm triple

I'm going to stim for one more night and go back in the morning. My appt is at 6am. Most likely will trigger tomorrow and retrieval on Thursday!

Looking good, girly! :) Yay!

Okay... My E2 is only 336 today. So, I guess my 14mm follies still have some growing time left? I don't know. It was much higher (584) last cycle... but I also didn't have such consistency in follicle size and it started higher (74 vs 34) before my stims. I'm thinking the slower rise might be better for my overall outcome? Perhaps this will allow more than just a few follicles to mature properly? I dunno... Any insight?

Sizes are very consistent Megg, best I've heard of infact! Good luck.

So, consistent is good? I like the sound of that! LOL Thank you!

(What makes consistent good? Is it because there should be more follicles that are all equally mature at egg collection? Last cycle they were all over the board on size... between 11-15mm)

Had my follow-up appt this morning..... Looks like I'm ready to trigger!

Tons of 18-22mm follicles (I forget the actual numbers), so there's no reason not to trigger :)

I will get the official word & numbers & instructions this afternoon, but I'm relieved that I can lose the 5-10 pounds I've gained in the last couple days! Cheese and rice!

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear how many eggies you get! :)

(What makes consistent good? Is it because there should be more follicles that are all equally mature at egg collection? Last cycle they were all over the board on size... between 11-15mm)

I have no other reason Megg than assuming if they are around about the same size it'll mean that all the same sized ones will be mature and that's good. I suppose I'm only summising because I had three decent sized eggs and loads of other wee ones, hence 3 good eggs and 3 immature. So I think all the same size are very good.

Anyway good luck. Hoping and praying this works for you this time and you get that baby.:hugs:

Got the official call, of course, when I was in with a patient myself! LOL

Called back and YES, TONIGHT IS TRIGGER NIGHT!!!!!!

Official numbers are:

Estradiol: 3194
LH: 1.42
Follicles:
Right: 22.46, 19, 17.93
Left: 19.9, 16.9, 16.66, 22.21, 15.66, 16.31, 12.62
< 10mm - 2-4 on the left and 5-10 on the right (so some could potentially be included in the count on Thursday).

I trigger tonight with 450iu Follistim, 20,000iu bHCG (I have to take more because my BMI is hovering just under 35. Boo.) at 7PM SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also take my first doxycycline pill tonight before bed with food, and will take 2 tomorrow with food (breakfast/dinner) and after the procedure Thursday when I can eat. Continue with baby aspirin + vitamin.

BD tonight!!!!!!

NPO after 11pm tomorrow and before the surgery Thursday morning.

I have to arrive at the surgical center, downtown Chicago at 6AM, retrieval at 7AM. DH will give his sample before I retrieve.

Progesterone starts the evening of the retrieval day --> crinone 2x/day until I've used the last of my stash, then switch to endometrium 3x/d.

Transfer at 7:30am a week from today (Tuesday 4/12).

Pregnancy test (bhCG) 2 weeks from today.

Holy crap, this is happening!!!!!!!

Official numbers are:

Follicles:
< 10mm - 2-4 on the left and 5-10 on the right (so some could potentially be included in the count on Thursday).

I trigger tonight with 450iu Follistim, 20,000iu bHCG (I have to take more because my BMI is hovering just under 35. Boo.) at 7PM SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also take my first doxycycline pill tonight before bed with food, and will take 2 tomorrow with food (breakfast/dinner) and after the procedure Thursday when I can eat. Continue with baby aspirin + vitamin.

BD tonight!!!!!!

I have to arrive at the surgical center, downtown Chicago at 6AM, retrieval at 7AM. DH will give his sample before I retrieve.

Progesterone starts the evening of the retrieval day --> crinone 2x/day until I've used the last of my stash, then switch to endometrium 3x/d.

OMG that has all just made me panic for my appointment on Monday - it's all so confusing! But I'm very excited for you :) you'll be PUPO in no time (never heard that before this forum, but love it!) Good luck x

I have no other reason Megg than assuming if they are around about the same size it'll mean that all the same sized ones will be mature and that's good. I suppose I'm only summising because I had three decent sized eggs and loads of other wee ones, hence 3 good eggs and 3 immature. So I think all the same size are very good.

Anyway good luck. Hoping and praying this works for you this time and you get that baby.:hugs:

Well, I love that logic. So, I'm happy with it! :) Thank you!!!

Official numbers are:

Follicles:

BD tonight!!!!!!

Sounds fantastic! Makes me wonder why I'm not on 20,000 HCG for trigger though... Mine is only 10,000 still! Hmph! :/

Anyway, loads and loads and loads of luck for ET!!! :kiss:

Sounds fantastic! Makes me wonder why I'm not on 20,000 HCG for trigger though... Mine is only 10,000 still! Hmph! :/

Anyway, loads and loads and loads of luck for ET!!! :kiss:

Well, technically I should be taking a 15,000 iu dose since I lost some weight, but I'm close enough to the cut off that 20,000iu was fine too.

Med school turned me into a fatty LOL. Ok not necessarily a fatty fatty but I chubbed up LOL

I am learning so much from this forum. I feel like a clueless idiot sometimes! Well that's very exciting beau! Good luck to you. Can't wait to be there myself! I start meds on the 20th. Not sure how much of each yet as they are waiting on my lab results from my lab here, but should know soon. Excited, but nervous!

Adanma

I am learning so much from this forum. I feel like a clueless idiot sometimes! Well that's very exciting beau! Good luck to you. Can't wait to be there myself! I start meds on the 20th. Not sure how much of each yet as they are waiting on my lab results from my lab here, but should know soon. Excited, but nervous!

Adanma

Join the club, I have no idea either! Roll on the 20th :)

Off to the clinic again! Reporting back with #'s soon! :)

6th Day of Stims **2 days ago**

Apr 4 (1st U/S & E2)
Lining: 11.6mm
Right Ovary: 7 x 14mm
Left Ovary: 6 x 14mm & 1 x 15mm
E2: 336
Repeat U/S & E2: Apr 6 @ 8am

8th Day of Stims **TODAY**

Apr 6 (2nd U/S & E2)
Lining: 14.32mm
Right Ovary: 4 x 14mm, 3 x 15mm, 1 x 16mm
Left Ovary: 7 x 13mm
E2: Waiting on results
Repeat U/S & E2: Apr 7 @ 8am

Not so happy! Hoping he measured wrong... didn't get a good pic of my left ovary. So, really hoping that he was off by 1-2mm's, at least. I don't know what to think. Still waiting on E2. Still stimming tonight and hoping for better results in the morning.

It is rather odd Megg, eggs should be increasing 2mm over a couple of days. Yip, lets hope he just measured incorrectly and he's gets on better tomorrow (or get someone else to do it, stupid man).

hrm. fx for you meg. hopefully it was just an error

Adanma

It is rather odd Megg, eggs should be increasing 2mm over a couple of days. Yip, lets hope he just measured incorrectly and he's gets on better tomorrow (or get someone else to do it, stupid man).

Right? I dunno. And, no one else will do it... He's the FS... He does all the ultrasounds himself!

Up until my 2nd to last day of stims, my egg sizes were all over the place!

I can't wait to see what's going on today for you Megg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->