IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Its bad. I knew it would be. My E2 dropped. I'm probably losing my cycle. I'm upping my meds to 200IU for tonight and tomorrow, and I'll know 100% Friday morning if its over this time. Gutted doesn't cover it.

Trying to hold onto some hope that it can be salvaged... not optimistic... but at least we're going to give it a shot.

For anyone who HAS had a cycle abandoned... What happens? Are you left to ovulate a billion follicles on your own? How long before you can try again?

how or why does that happen?! Oh I'm so so sorry meg! I'll keep my fx crossed for you and I hope Friday brings good news.

Adanma

They don't know exactly why it happens. They know the mechanics of it, as far as it means that the ovaries aren't responding well enough to the stimulation... but they don't know WHY they aren't responding enough. They did before on the same dosage... So, not sure what's changed. She said that the body can react differently every cycle. I guess its "just one of those things." I've read some stories where cycles were salvaged doing what I'm doing... and others where they weren't. We're trying to be realistic about it, but not give up entirely just yet. Since the drop was so minor, maybe its not a total wash yet. I don't know. I'm expecting the worst, but always hoping for the best. I think I'm going to post a thread to see if anyone else has ever had this happen to them and how it turned out. I need more input...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Megg. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have my first U/S tomorrow morning (day 10 stimming) - are there any questions I'm supposed to me asking or am I just looking for all the data?

Thanks all x

Just look for the data... Lining thickness, # of follies, size of follies... I found it helpful to have my husband take notes. LOL I have a hard time listening with an u/s wand shoved where it oughtn't be shoved!

Yeah, I hear you. Hubby's gets fascinated with the US screen and seems to forget I'm there and rather uncomfortable! I'll let you know how I get on and hope for good news for you tomorrow too x

Last pop-in before the retrieval tomorrow. I swear to jeebus I am so ready to deflate my ovaries. I wanted this, but I never thought I'd feel like this!

Can't wait for you to report back! Good luck!

Aww Megg I hope that your cycle can be salvaged. My reasoning behind all your follies being the same must be total crap then eh! :dohh:

Hope it's good news on Friday for you. :hugs:

So, I had my U/S...
Lining: 13mm
Right Ovary: 1 x 7mm, 2 x 8mm, 2 x 9mm, 1 x 14mm, 1 x 15mm, 2 x 16mm, 1 x 17mm
Left Ovary: 1 x 10mm, 1 x 11mm, 2 x 13mm, 1 x 14mm, 1 x 15mm, 1 x 16mm

I wasn't given an E2 number - is that right? EC will go ahead mon or wed next week, I'll get a call tomorrow to confirm :)

Thanks, Wallie... It wasn't crap. Things looked really good that day. It just stalled shortly after. We had no way of knowing it would.

Sounds good, Poppet. Did they not test your E2? I'd be surprised if they did your EC without checking it. I mean, my follies actually look about like yours, with the exception of no 17mm's for me yet. But, my E2 was the tipoff that it wasn't time.

I must say I never had any tests done other than the ultrasound probe thing during IVF. They just went with the scans.

Maybe they tested it but didn't tell me... I didn't think to ask. I'm on an NHS cycle and I think they do skimp! My traditional Chinese medicine doctor was horrified they only did 1 scan and not until day 10. She seemed to think if I went private I'd get several from day 6. So maybe they haven't tested E2. I find the nurses all very nice and helpful, but unless you ask they don't really volunteer info. As a complete control freak, I'm not very comfortable with them looking at a screen and declaring me "ready" without any idea how they got to that conclusion! I'll ask tomorrow when they call.

On a slightly random note, they say I can take an iPod for EC. Any idea if I'll be able watch something on it? Will I have a hand free to hold it and be compus mentos enough to watch it?! I'm addicted to man men season 4 currently!

Thanks x

BTW is the E2 test done as part of the scan or separate? I only had a scan today...

Poppet, I was knocked out for EC, so maybe they are saying to bring it with you for the wait beforehand :shrug:

Hey all,

I am new but I am looking for any advice as I am going for EC tomorrow and as this is my first try I have no idea what to expect...I was fine with no worries till about an hour ago and am now getting rather nervous.

Also I injected 10,000 HCG shot at 10 PM last night(6/4/11) but when in shower I now have a red lump about the size of a 2p coin which is tender to touch, I have had no problems like that with my Supercur and Menopur injections so wandered if anyone else had that problem and if its anything to be worried about as the last thing I want is for there to be a problem now I have got this far.

Thanx everyone and good luck to everyone who is TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->