IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

Megg33k

Going with the flow!
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a November thread... I saw Oct, but I won't be starting until Nov 1. Anyone else? I'll be happy to keep track of everyone in here! :hugs: and :dust: to all!

Info on different COH protocols from my clinic's website: https://www.haveababy.com/files/an_individualized_approach_to_coh.pdf

teapot - IVF #1

Consent signing Oct 11
Down Regging on Nov 8
Stimming on Dec 1
EC on Dec 15 (2 eggs - 2 embies)
ET on Dec 17 - PUPO w/ 1!

helenttc - IVF #2
(IVF #1 :angel:)

Down Regging on Oct 19
Stimming Nov 11
EC on Nov 26 (7 eggs - 4 embies)
ET on Nov 29 - PUPO w/ 2!
:bfn: :cry:

Blue12 - ICSI #2
(ICSI #1 :bfn:)

Down Regging on Nov 4
EC on Nov 28 (10 eggs - 6 embies)
ET on Dec 1 - PUPO w/ 2!
:bfp: :yipee:

Isi Buttercup - IVF #1

Down Regging on Oct 2
EC on Oct 31 (12 eggs - 9 embies)
ET on Nov 5 - PUPO w/ 2!

fluffystar - IVF #1

Down Regging on Nov 4
Stimming on Nov 23
EC on Dec 6 (3 eggs - 1 embie)
ET on Dec 8 - PUPO w/ 1!

Wallie - IVF #1

IVF in Dec 2010

Nvr2Late - IVF #2
(IVF #1 cancelled)

Waiting to start in Nov
Cancelled - Converted to IUI

caroleb73 - IVF #1

Down Regging on Oct 31
Baseline Scan on Nov 9
Cycle Cancelled but Started Again!
EC on Dec 15 (13 eggs - 7 embies)
ET on Dec 20 - PUPO w/2!
:bfp: :angel:

Kiki09 - IVF #1

Blood Work on Nov 1

MySillyGirls - ICSI #2
(ICSI #1 :bfn:)

Down Regging on Oct 20
Stimming ~Nov 20

Tory123 - FET #1

Down Regging on Oct 17
1st Scan Nov 8
FET Nov 25 - PUPO w/ 2!

Megg33k - ICSI #1

Down Regging on Nov 14
Baseline E2 on Nov 24
Stimming on Nov 27
EC on Dec 7 (4 eggs - 3 embies)
ET on Dec 10 - PUPO w/ 2!

Mamamirfy

Stimming Nov 4
EC Nov 19 (7 eggs - 5 embies)
ET on Nov 25 - PUPO w/ 2!

raf-wife - IVF #1

Short protocol shortly after Dec 25

natp18 - IVF #2
(IVF #1 :angel:)

Down Regging on Nov 11
EC on Dec 14 (14 eggs - 8 embies)
ET on Dec 17 - PUPO w/ 2!

Sammy2009 - IVF #3
(IVF #1 :angel:, FET #1 & IVF #2 :bfn:, FET #2 cancelled)

EC Nov 17 (10 eggs - 7 embies)
ET Nov 22 - PUPO w/ 2!

maxxiandniko - IVF #1

Stimming on Nov 6
EC on Nov 15 (11 eggs - 5 embies)
ET on Nov 21 - PUPO w/ 2!

rchurchlow - IVF #1

Currently Stimming
EC ~ Nov 30
ET ~ Dec 3

scomar - ICSI #1

ET on Dec 18 - PUPO w/2!

Hi Megg,

Possibly me! I've got a follow up next week. Our first attempt ended up being a chemical preg.

Will let you know next week. Best of luck!

H xx

Hi Megg & H,

Me too I think! eek! I've got my consent signing appt on 11th Oct (which will be CD 21, but got to have virus screening that day so won't be able to start til Nov cycle).

Reckon I'll start DR around 10th Nov. I'm VERY scared/spooked.

This is our first IVF (diagnosed endo which has wrecked my tubes, 1 x blocked & 1 x partially open but damaged) so I don't know much, but will do my best to be supportive where I can.

Best of luck guys :thumbup:
x

Does down regging start at the beginning of the IVF cycle? I don't know much of anything! :( My cycle is set to start Nov 1, so that's what I've put... but I haven't a clue if its correct! LOL

Hi everyone and thanks Megg for pointing me to this thread.

I've no idea how this IVF thing works either, I suppose we'll just have to figure it all out, when it happens. At least there's a few newbies going through this, so we can go through it together.

I've no problems that they've found but OH has sperm antibodies which is a pain in the ass! We've tried two IUI's and on IVF waiting list with NHS but that would be June 2011 so we're funding a cycle ourselves as otherwise I'll go off my head. We've been ttc for over 3 years now.

Glad you came by, Wallie! :)

I guess I could post my story... We've been trying off and on for 3.5 (almost 4) years. We only took breaks when my DH was ill and then I had a major hormonal imbalance that caused AF-like bleeding almost constantly for 2 years. Yes, I was stupid for letting it go that long... but that's neither here nor there. I'm unexplained... He's just at average or slightly below in some categories. We had a failed IUI this past cycle, and it broke my heart. I need something with a higher success rate and higher degree of control. So, off to IVF we go!

I've been following (stalking I suppose) the ladies in the August & September threads & found it so useful for info.
That's the main way I've learnt anything is by reading posts of people going through it.

Finding it all very scary. When we were 'trying' & oblivious to any problems, the thought of PG was fine, now that it seems more planned & fixed I'm feeling quite spooked by it & questioning if I'll be a good mum/will we cope etc.
Is this normal? I'm not explaining myself very well, but I don't personally know anyone who's needed fertility treatment (as far as i'm aware anyway).

We've spoke about how far we'll take treatment & at what point we'll call it a day if it doesn't work & we're both agreed on that (I hope that's not a really naive statement).

...rambling now, just very worried & got 5lbs to lose!

Teapot. x

Hi girls

I hope you don't mind but I have been stalking this thread a little bit!

Basically, I am probably coming over here from TTC. My HSG showed that both my tubes are damaged and that IVF is our only real option going forward. I still have to have the lap and dye in mid-October to confirm but the FS expects to refer me for IVF straight afterwards :-(

I'm really upset about the whole thing - really didn't expect this would be the outcome. Am also really nervous about it, so keeping up to date on your experiences and stories as you start IVF would be really useful. Hope you girls don't mind :flower: and wish you every success with your IVF journeys xxxxx

I've been following (stalking I suppose) the ladies in the August & September threads & found it so useful for info.
That's the main way I've learnt anything is by reading posts of people going through it.

Finding it all very scary. When we were 'trying' & oblivious to any problems, the thought of PG was fine, now that it seems more planned & fixed I'm feeling quite spooked by it & questioning if I'll be a good mum/will we cope etc.
Is this normal? I'm not explaining myself very well, but I don't personally know anyone who's needed fertility treatment (as far as i'm aware anyway).

We've spoke about how far we'll take treatment & at what point we'll call it a day if it doesn't work & we're both agreed on that (I hope that's not a really naive statement).

...rambling now, just very worried & got 5lbs to lose!

Teapot. x

I feel a bit more confident about the process because I have a cousin who has done it 5 times. Granted, 2 failed, 1 loss, and 2 children... but I don't think her story is typical. I know (online) of several people who got it first try!

I'm sure you'll do just fine! And, you'll be an amazing mum!

As far as your potentially "naive statement"... My husband and I had that discussion. We said we'd give it until I was 35 (I'm turning 30 in Feb), and we would only go as far as drugs... no more treatment than that. Well, we've thrown age limits out the window... and I'm starting IVF in a month. So... :shrug:

Hi girls

I hope you don't mind but I have been stalking this thread a little bit!

Basically, I am probably coming over here from TTC. My HSG showed that both my tubes are damaged and that IVF is our only real option going forward. I still have to have the lap and dye in mid-October to confirm but the FS expects to refer me for IVF straight afterwards :-(

I'm really upset about the whole thing - really didn't expect this would be the outcome. Am also really nervous about it, so keeping up to date on your experiences and stories as you start IVF would be really useful. Hope you girls don't mind :flower: and wish you every success with your IVF journeys xxxxx

Aw.. I always wish for everyone that this wasn't where they ended up. But, I do hope that our experiences can help you if you need to go this route! :hugs:

Maybe . . . although I think it could be Dec.
Consultant said before christmas so who knows!
I'll let you know O:)

I've no idea how this IVF thing works either, I suppose we'll just have to figure it all out, when it happens. At least there's a few newbies going through this, so we can go through it together.

I've no problems that they've found but OH has sperm antibodies which is a pain in the ass! We've tried two IUI's and on IVF waiting list with NHS but that would be June 2011 so we're funding a cycle ourselves as otherwise I'll go off my head. We've been ttc for over 3 years now.

My OH has anti bodies too :(
100% 90% and 90% booo!!!!

We got told that it wasn't them that caused the problems but his count instead :shrug:

Okay... What's this anti-body thing? I don't understand! I'm not used to not knowing what things mean! LOL

We got told that it wasn't them that caused the problems but his count instead :shrug:

Really? I'm sorry but I don't know what to believe now. I just read recently that someone who had alot of problems herself and OH had antibodies, they went through 4 IVF cycles and then got pregnant naturally. FS said IVF is our only option. We have tried 2 IUI's though with no luck.

Here's a long answer if you're interested:

Normally, our bodies develop antibodies to help protect our immune system against illnesses. However, sometimes our bodies develop antibodies to the wrong thing, which can cause negative repercussions. Among infertile men, about 10% will be diagnosed with having antisperm antibodies, a condition that can significantly decrease your chances of pregnancy.

Normally, the testes contain a natural barrier, known as the blood-testes barrier. This barrier acts a protective layer that prevents immune cells from being able to access sperm within the male reproductive tract. Yet, this barrier can be broken, through injury to the reproductive tract, thereby allowing the immune cells to come into contact with the sperm.

Once the barrier is broken, immune cells are able to detect the presence of sperm due to their unique antigen surface. This triggers a response by the immune system to treat sperm as an "invader" and attack it. Antibodies then attach themselves to different parts of the sperm and interfere with male fertility in a number of ways.

Antibodies that are located on the tail of sperm can cause the sperm to become immobilized or clump together. When antibodies are found on the head of sperm, they can prevent the sperm from being able to efficiently make its way through a woman’s cervical mucus to the egg. However, it is also possible for a woman to develop antisperm antibodies in her cervical mucus, which will only serve to hinder attempts at conception even more. It is thought that antisperm antibodies in cervical mucus could account for as much as 40% unexplained infertility cases.

Sperm that does manage to make it to the egg can have a difficult time properly binding and fertilizing the egg due to antibodies attached to its head.

Reasons for Antisperm Antibodies
There are numerous reasons why the natural barrier between sperm and the immune system can be broken causing antisperm antibodies to form. Some of these factors include:

•Injury to the testicles
•Undescended testicles
•Twisting of the testicles
•Infection
•Testicular cancer
•Testicular biopsy
•CAVD
•Varicocele
Additionally, men who have undergone a vasectomy reversal are particularly prone to developing this fertility problem. Close to 70% of men who have had their vasectomy reversed will develop antisperm antibodies.

Treating Antisperm Antibodies
Detecting antisperm antibodies is usually fairly simple as a semen analysis should be able to identify whether the antibodies are present. It is also possible to do an individual test that looks specifically for antisperm antibodies on sperm or, in women, in cervical mucus. However, getting rid of the antibodies may not be as easy.

While the use of corticosteroids can decrease the number of antibodies, temporarily restoring fertility, it is necessary to use very high doses. These high doses often cause serious side effects, thereby making this solution less desirable. Women who have antisperm antibodies may be prescribed suffering from this problem. Some couples have found success with IUI as this involves depositing sperm directly into the uterus. This technique appears to work best in couples whose difficulties stem from the cervical mucus. Washing sperm before the procedure can also rid the sperm of most antibodies.

Overall, though,IVF has proven to be the most helpful method in helping couples with antisperm antibodies conceive. Again, washing sperm beforehand is often helpful. HOwever, in some cases, it may be necessary to incorporate ICSI into the treatment as well.

Megg there's not much more I can add to that ^^^ :haha:

Really? I'm sorry but I don't know what to believe now. I just read recently that someone who had alot of problems herself and OH had antibodies, they went through 4 IVF cycles and then got pregnant naturally. FS said IVF is our only option. We have tried 2 IUI's though with no luck.

Yeah we managed a natural pregnancy on month 16 (also with the low count), so maybe it doesn't make too much difference. . .

But then the anti bodies stop them from swimming, stop them from penetrating the egg and increase 'clustring' where they all kinda get stuck together so I can't understand how it can't be a problem. Our FS didn't even mention it until I asked :shrug:

I think they need a lot more research on them!!

Good luck ladies!! I will be praying for you all!!! This is an exciting time!:thumbup:

I understand much better now! Thank you! :)

Yeah we managed a natural pregnancy on month 16 (also with the low count), so maybe it doesn't make too much difference. . .

But then the anti bodies stop them from swimming, stop them from penetrating the egg and increase 'clustring' where they all kinda get stuck together so I can't understand how it can't be a problem. Our FS didn't even mention it until I asked :shrug:

I honestly don't know what to think but if you managed it, surely it could happen again naturally. We've tried for three years now and pretty well timed :sex: so doesn't look like it's going to work for us naturally. I was going to give up these next couple of months before IVF and have a break but you've slightly changed my mind! :thumbup:

I honestly don't know what to think but if you managed it, surely it could happen again naturally. We've tried for three years now and pretty well timed :sex: so doesn't look like it's going to work for us naturally. I was going to give up these next couple of months before IVF and have a break but you've slightly changed my mind! :thumbup:

Yeah I'm hoping that it would eventually work again. . .

We try to 'save' for at least three days (doesn't always happen though :dohh:) due to his count but as well as that my chart was different the month i got pregnant but they say my hormones and everything is fine. . . :shrug:

Hey maaybe2010 i was reading this thread and thought id pop in to see how things are going? Have you had your info evening yet? I remember when we had ours and they give you a pack with loads of different information in, i was so excited i must have read it front to back and back to front :haha:. Looks like we may end up back to icsi soon, our first iui was bfn and im now in the middle of our second one and ovulation seems to have abandoned me :wacko:. Good luck to everyone else on here also i will be keeping fingers crossed for you all and very much stalking lol xx

Hey maaybe2010 i was reading this thread and thought id pop in to see how things are going? Have you had your info evening yet? I remember when we had ours and they give you a pack with loads of different information in, i was so excited i must have read it front to back and back to front :haha:. Looks like we may end up back to icsi soon, our first iui was bfn and im now in the middle of our second one and ovulation seems to have abandoned me :wacko:. Good luck to everyone else on here also i will be keeping fingers crossed for you all and very much stalking lol xx

Hiya :hugs:

Not yet it's on teh 7th.
I'm SO excited!! :happydance:
I will probably be the same as you, reading it over and over again, OH will probably just flick through it lol

My specalist has discharged me and said that we should have it on thE way befroe christmas! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->