IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. My consent signing appointment is almost here (Mon) & I've got constant butterflies, I'm so nervous.

I know I can't start until next cycle, 'cos I'll be CD21 at the appt & we still need to get our virus screening done.

...I'm really worried about my weight. My BMI on the NHS calculator is 30.8, so I need to either lose 7lbs or grow an inch :haha: to get it under 30!! I've been trying so hard, I've lost 2 stone in the last two years, but my weight has now stuck.

To give it a boost, for the last few months, I've been boxing 2 x week & either Powerplates x 1 & swimming x 1 each week, I'm not eating rubbish, barely drinking any alcohol. All our food at home is prepared from scratch & I just don't know what else to do! It's so frustrating. I met up with friends at the weekend & they ALL said I'd lost loads of weight, but on the scales, I haven't changed a jot in months! :nope: Rrraaaahhh!

...They don't know about the IVF, & were all saying Ignore the scales, you look amazing, muscle weighs heavier than fat etc..., but the flaming NHS won't let me take into account that I'm much smaller than I was, 'cos the frigging pin on the scale still says FAT!!

I'm hoping I don't get sent away on Monday. Do you think they'll just tell me to make sure those few pounds are gone by start of DR? Or do you think I'll have to come back again to have weight checked before they give the goahead?

I hate all this uncertainty & this is just the start!

No clue, teapot! I know very little about the NHS. I'm glad my doctor doesn't seem to care one bit about BMI/weight! I'd be screwed if he did! LOL

Think I might work on growing an inch - seems like it might be easier!!

Ladies I'm hoping I can achieve a natural pregnancy before IVF.
My chart is getting me excited but I'm too scared to get excited because I know AF will only turn up to wreck the party :dohh:

If anyone wants to take a look let me explain two things O:)

On the dip 6DPO I woke up freezing and only half covered by the blanket so that could be the dip explained.

This morning I woke up and went the toilet BEOFRE taking my temp. . . I don't know if it was a few hours, an hour or twenty minutes before I took it cos I didn't check the time! So yeah I dunno if that will have given me that much of a temp rise or not O:)

:flower: x x x

Chart looks great, maaybe! Hoping you get your BFP this month and never have to bother with IVF!

Chart looks great, maaybe! Hoping you get your BFP this month and never have to bother with IVF!

Thanks hun, you think even though I went the toilet? lol

If my temp is still good in the morning I'm gona test, infact I'll probably test anyway :dohh: :haha:
But if it's similar to todays I will be convinced I'm pregnant. . .

:flower: x x x x

Thanks hun, you think even though I went the toilet? lol

If my temp is still good in the morning I'm gona test, infact I'll probably test anyway :dohh: :haha:
But if it's similar to todays I will be convinced I'm pregnant. . .

:flower: x x x x

Getting up first has never made much difference for me! :hugs: Definitely TEST!

Really? :)
I'm dead excted but know I shouldn't work myself up lol

:flower:

Really? :)
I'm dead excted but know I shouldn't work myself up lol

:flower:

Well, I think it looks quite promising! I mean, no way to know until you test! But, I think you're definitely in with a good chance! :hugs:

Goodness megg, we really do seem to follow parallel journeys sometimes!!

I had my first consultation at the fertility clinic ready to start IUI and he said there was nothing wrong with DH sperm in his opinion (morph 8%, 8%, 4%) and we probably therefore wouldnt benefit from IUI. He therefore said IVF was the way forward!! Im still in shock!!

We have an appointment to learn how to do the injections etc in 3 weeks which is timed to be around day 21 so we can start with the down regging! That means we will be officially starting around 27th October!!!!!

Though, I was told I would have to have a scan first to check all ok seeing that my cycles are 28-34 days long. He said ideally you want to start downregging 7 days before AF is due but seeing as im unpredictable I should have a scan around day 20-24 to check I have ovulated and there arent any cysts. It will be day day22 on the 27th so hoping my body doent let me down and Os on time so we can get going!!

Im so excited but my head is spinning with questions as its soooo much to take in.

xx

Goodness megg, we really do seem to follow parallel journeys sometimes!!

I had my first consultation at the fertility clinic ready to start IUI and he said there was nothing wrong with DH sperm in his opinion (morph 8%, 8%, 4%) and we probably therefore wouldnt benefit from IUI. He therefore said IVF was the way forward!! Im still in shock!!

We have an appointment to learn how to do the injections etc in 3 weeks which is timed to be around day 21 so we can start with the down regging! That means we will be officially starting around 27th October!!!!!

Though, I was told I would have to have a scan first to check all ok seeing that my cycles are 28-34 days long. He said ideally you want to start downregging 7 days before AF is due but seeing as im unpredictable I should have a scan around day 20-24 to check I have ovulated and there arent any cysts. It will be day day22 on the 27th so hoping my body doent let me down and Os on time so we can get going!!

Im so excited but my head is spinning with questions as its soooo much to take in.

xx

That's just bizarre! Wow! Very cool to have you here though! I'll start Nov 1... So, you'll only be 4 days ahead of me! Crazy! :hugs: Glad you joined up!

Thanks Megg,

Do you feel quite overwhelmed with everything? Our consultant ran through everything on monday but my head was spinning as I thought we were having IUI not IVF and didnt take everything in. I really didnt realise it was 4 weeks of daily injections! I feel so naive!

Thanks Megg,

Do you feel quite overwhelmed with everything? Our consultant ran through everything on monday but my head was spinning as I thought we were having IUI not IVF and didnt take everything in. I really didnt realise it was 4 weeks of daily injections! I feel so naive!

SO overwhelmed! My clinic's site has a great rundown of what it takes! This is very detailed and left my head in a mess... but it was good to read!!!

I did IUI, failed, and then decided I had no desire to bother with a 2nd one. So, I jumped straight into the IVF and know NOTHING about it! :dohh:

Hi ladies, There appears to be a lot of first timers in this thread so far so I guess we wil all learn together!! :happydance:

Ok the, here is the first of my silly questions... I keep reading that some ladies are on BCP prior to starting down regging. I havent been told anything about that so dont think they use that approach at my clinic. However, my question is: if we start down regging around cd21 are we meant to make sure we dont try that month? Or is that our last chance? If we did miraculously get a BFP what about the injections we start taking towards the end of the cycle?

I feel soooo in the dark! I have an treatment information appointment on 27th which is arranged to coincide with cd22 so I can start but I have so many questions before that!!

Hi ladies, There appears to be a lot of first timers in this thread so far so I guess we wil all learn together!! :happydance:

Ok the, here is the first of my silly questions... I keep reading that some ladies are on BCP prior to starting down regging. I havent been told anything about that so dont think they use that approach at my clinic. However, my question is: if we start down regging around cd21 are we meant to make sure we dont try that month? Or is that our last chance? If we did miraculously get a BFP what about the injections we start taking towards the end of the cycle?

I feel soooo in the dark! I have an treatment information appointment on 27th which is arranged to coincide with cd22 so I can start but I have so many questions before that!!

The birth control is to rest the ovaries prior to the rigor they'll be put through. I would say you are NOT meant to try that month. Since many of us are on BCP that month prior, I don't think they intend for there to be even the slightest of chances given the drugs you'll be using.

You should have a coordinator that you can call with questions. But, I'd be happy to try and find out the info for you if you post any questions you might have. My clinic's website answers tons of questions by giving a very detailed explanation of the process. I've linked to that on the first post. Maybe it could help you out, since it should be sort of similar to your clinic's process!

I didn't know you had to pay for the drugs! :dohh: :haha:

And can someone explain how 'the process' is 7 - 8 weeks :shrug:

I didn't know you had to pay for the drugs! :dohh: :haha:

And can someone explain how 'the process' is 7 - 8 weeks :shrug:

Well, for me it is. My process "starts" with the birth control... It starts on CD1 of your cycle PRIOR to the IVF cycle, iykwim?

Yeah, the drugs are super expensive unless they're covered by insurance or however it works in other countries!

The long protocol process (what most people follow)

starts on cd 21 - DR injections to shut the ovaries down (temporary menopause)
(continue for a week or a week and a half)
af arrives
cd 1 - cd 14 stim injections (2 weeks)
(3-4 weeks at this point)

approx cd 16 EC ET 2-5 days later (3-5 days)
Then the 2ww (2 weeks)

Total approx 7 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"