IVF/ICSI/FET OCTOBER "4 LEAF CLOVER" CYCLE-Anyone joining me?*** UPDATES ON PAGE 1***

Maxxi - you are going to be in the 2WW with moi! :hugs:

Good luck with the trigger.....

How's everyone doing? Anything exciting going on? I'm still waiting to here back from the doctor. They usually don't call till the afternoon though. I'll be doing the trigger shot either tonight or tommorrow. Shouldn't be later than that.

Ooh! Yay! That sounds great, honey! :hugs: Can't wait for you to be PUPO soon!

Nothing much happening with me... my ovaries are starting to feel heavy and its making me feel a bit sick! I am dreading tomorrow beyond belief..... really really crapping myself. I hope i manage to contain myself and not break down because then they wont do it. I am starting to flap already.

OH rang the hospital today and they said there should not be a problem doing ICSI (we already have IVF/ICSI on the protocol) so just to tell them when i get there... after all that pain I should be allowed to have whatever i freaking like! I am apprehensive about tomorrow. this is the biggest hurdle for me because I now have a huge fear of EC after the last two experiences. ET is something i quite like, the 2WW is a nightmare but nothing is worse for me than EC! :cry:

Oh, sweetie! I can't blame you for being terrified! I mean, that's just awful! But, it shouldn't be bad with the drugs. If they say it would tranquilize a horse, I'm sure you'll be so out of it that you won't know where you are all day. Just take a deep breath and tell yourself that this time will be different! :hugs:

I'm glad to know they'll do ICSI for you. That should be some relief to hear! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! All my love, honey!

Sammy - you'll be fine with the meds. Trust me. I had my D&E last year and a LEEP procedure in 1999 and had sedation for both. I was terrified before the procedures but once the medication hit I didn't have a care in the world!

Isi - glad to hear from you!! You're testing in a couple of days right? Or do you know something we don't? :winkwink:

Still no word from the office. But I did get a call from the pharmacy that they may have to send over another Ganirelix for tonight so maybe that's my answer! She's waiting to hear back from me.

Good luck, Sammy!!! Can't wait to hear good things when you get back!

Yay, Maxxi, almost at EC! Sooo exciting.

Isi -- have you caved in & tested early? :winkwink:

Mercy - are you still testing positive?

I got the call. I'm doing the trigger shot tonight with EC on Thursday at 10. I'm starting to get nervous but the info hasn't settled in yet!

Mercy - are you testing BFP?????? Pics pics pics!!!! Wanna see PICS! OOh good luck hun... when is OTD?

Maxxi - All systems go! Only one day apart!!! Good luck for EC on Thursday hun!!!

Megg - Thanks hun, im really scared but starting to feel a bit better after reading everyones comments. I was I was having local anaesthetic and was put out all together though!!! I think they will do ICSI for us if we want it. Might as well try something new for a change! ha ha ha. I know it doesnt guarantee fertilization but hey ho!

Mercy - are you testing BFP?????? Pics pics pics!!!! Wanna see PICS! OOh good luck hun... when is OTD?

Maxxi - All systems go! Only one day apart!!! Good luck for EC on Thursday hun!!!

Megg - Thanks hun, im really scared but starting to feel a bit better after reading everyones comments. I was I was having local anaesthetic and was put out all together though!!! I think they will do ICSI for us if we want it. Might as well try something new for a change! ha ha ha. I know it doesnt guarantee fertilization but hey ho!

We'll be 3 days apart I think because they transfer on Day 5 for me. Why they're so sure that my embryos will want to hang around for a 5 day transfer I don't know but that's what they tell me.

We'll be 3 days apart I think because they transfer on Day 5 for me. Why they're so sure that my embryos will want to hang around for a 5 day transfer I don't know but that's what they tell me.

I dont know what i will do yet... if i get 6 eggs or more then i will probably ask them to take them to blast and risk it since I am not bothered about having frosties (mine always arrest anyway!) but if i get a low number of eggs then I will probably ask them to do a 3 day transfer and get 2 good ones back in there asap since I dont want to risk ending up with nothing... I got BFP with my first IVF and 3 day transfer so its perfectly achievable although never guaranteed of course!!!!

Ooh! That's SO exciting, Maxxi!!! :hugs:

Sammy - It *almost* guarantees fertilization. Its the most they can possibly do! :thumbup:

Sammy - It *almost* guarantees fertilization. Its the most they can possibly do! :thumbup:

Oh right... well that sounds positive! Which only makes me ask the question "why did they ever risk IVF?" Our insurance is paying not us so its not like they care about the money or anything!

I dont think OH's sample will be that brilliant this time so its probably best for us.... Cant believe i never thought of doing this before! :dohh:

Oh right... well that sounds positive! Which only makes me ask the question "why did they ever risk IVF?" Our insurance is paying not us so its not like they care about the money or anything!

I dont think OH's sample will be that brilliant this time so its probably best for us.... Cant believe i never thought of doing this before! :dohh:

Uhm... IVF allows for natural selection of sperm... Only the best and brightest get to the eggs. So, some think that means that the chances of quality embryos are better. With ICSI, we're counting on the embryologist to choose the best sperm based on visuals. But, I'd rather chance a slightly less sperm being inserted directly into the egg and fertilizing it than to let "nature take its course" and possibly end up with nothing!

Gah! I don't want to say it out loud, for fear that it's a false + -- or that it'll end up a chemical or something. . . but yes, I've gotten three days of +. The first was Sun, 6 days past 5 day transfer -- just a ghost of a line, really. Then Monday, a faint line. Then today, a clear but still pale line. I'm kinda worried that I'm just picking up the HCG trigger shot (taken on Nov. 1). And Paul says he's waiting for Friday's blood test to really believe it, as I am using dollar store cheapies. He's totally right. I shouldn't get my hopes up on the basis of such sketchy evidence. So, I'm not going to say BFP yet. But I'll let you all know on Friday.

Mercy - I'm hopeful!

I've been getting up at 5 for so many days now that I don't know how I'm going to stay up to do my trigger shot at 11:30!! Has anyone had any side effects to Ovidrel?

Uhm... IVF allows for natural selection of sperm... Only the best and brightest get to the eggs. So, some think that means that the chances of quality embryos are better. With ICSI, we're counting on the embryologist to choose the best sperm based on visuals. But, I'd rather chance a slightly less sperm being inserted directly into the egg and fertilizing it than to let "nature take its course" and possibly end up with nothing!

My IVF nurse told me that they do a procedure right before ICSI that mimics natural selection. Sorry I can remember the specifics, but it's a kind of "swim up" technique that shows them what sperm would've made it to the egg.

As Megg said, ICSI doesn't guarantee fertilization, which is totally what I thought. Apparently, sperm in egg does not mean fertilization -- isn't that crazy? There's another step after that, some kind of division of cells. (I'm so imprecise). So, that's how I had 13 eggs with 8 fertilizing, even though all were ICSI. If the sperm count is low, the odds are fertilization much, much higher than regular IVF procedures.

My IVF nurse told me that they do a procedure right before ICSI that mimics natural selection. Sorry I can remember the specifics, but it's a kind of "swim up" technique that shows them what sperm would've made it to the egg.

As Megg said, ICSI doesn't guarantee fertilization, which is totally what I thought. Apparently, sperm in egg does not mean fertilization -- isn't that crazy? There's another step after that, some kind of division of cells. (I'm so imprecise). So, that's how I had 13 eggs with 8 fertilizing, even though all were ICSI. If the sperm count is low, the odds are fertilization much, much higher than regular IVF procedures.

Nice to know there is still some degree of natural selection. :)

As far as the other step... The sperm tail has to dissolve and the information stored in the head of the sperm has to incorporate into the egg to make up a 2 pro-nucleus body... Then it needs to split from there. There are more specific terms... but I'm at a loss for them at the moment.

As far as the other step... The sperm tail has to dissolve and the information stored in the head of the sperm has to incorporate into the egg to make up a 2 pro-nucleus body... Then it needs to split from there. There are more specific terms... but I'm at a loss for them at the moment.

Dang, you're smart! I couldn't remember that step at all -- I just remember being rather shocked that ICSI was not an automatic fertilization. Seriously, I know way more about reproduction now than I ever thought I would!

Dang, you're smart! I couldn't remember that step at all -- I just remember being rather shocked that ICSI was not an automatic fertilization. Seriously, I know way more about reproduction now than I ever thought I would!

More than I ever wanted to know too! LOL

Hey ladies, exciting reading your updates!!

Mercyme- oh my gosh, sounding good :happydance: have the tests been getting darker?? if so that would be an awesome sign, cant wait to hear your next update, very excited for you though.

Maxxi and Sammy- :happydance: not too long now, sounds like you guys are close together in your cycle, looking forward to the updates

Meggs- how are you doing? we were going to do the ICSI too, it was recommended to us b/c of DH's sperm count- it has very small risks based on the research he gave us and definitely has large chances of success. I know our clinic does rescue ICSI if not enough eggs fertilize with natural selection but apparently the rescue procedure doesnt have as much success and you should do ICSI from the start. Good luck, I will be following :hugs:

Isi- we are all waiting in anticipation. How are you feeling? I know you are trying to lay low and relax for OTD but we are all rooting for you.

hello to everyone else
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back